What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Lofty

CF Legend
THAT NOISE <//3

Also, not to burst anybodies bubble, but that's a controlled drop, you can see it on the full height drop it does.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So one of the newer fake SLC's at Century Amusement Park built by the always excellent Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing has had a problem with stalling.

So the company decided to re-profile the sidewinder.

20130424031955121.jpg

This is the old one

Below is the new one.
Sweet dreams people.

Attachments

• Weird1.jpg
    Weird1.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 231
  • Weird2.jpg
    Weird2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 231

Smithy

Strata Poster
All I can get my head around is that it'd jerk you down onto your shoulders after a brief moment of upside down airtime. I think.

bmac

Giga Poster
Oh look the trademark Arrow Corkscrew entrance, and a similar entrance akin to Beast's rose bowl.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
roomraider said:
So one of the newer fake SLC's at Century Amusement Park built by the always excellent Hebei Zhongye Metallurgical Equipment Manufacturing has had a problem with stalling.

So the company decided to re-profile the sidewinder.

20130424031955121.jpg

This is the old one

Below is the new one.
Sweet dreams people.

So I shall now be passing through Zhengzhou in October. Realigned spine here i come.

CoburnJason54

Roller Poster
The weirdest one I've seen besides the great bear supports is the one on X2 on the back of the first half loop. It is really thick and just looks out of place. That would be the weirdest one I've seen.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
My guess is that it's there to give extra support to that joint so that the bending loads in the joint are reduced.

Seems to me that the top of that support would see quite a lot of stress when those heavy trains get up there. By layering the supports like that, the shear forces between the two beams increases the strength of the join.