What's new

Weird, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Re: Wierd, Wacky & Strange Coaster Bits

Fun fact: Moonsault Scramble is the tallest coaster ever taken down. It was the tallest coaster in the world for thirteen years, until being beaten by Fujiyama in 1996. However, due to it being a shuttle coaster, the record was never generally acknowledged. Being around 70 metres tall, it would still have been among the 25 tallest coasters in the world. As far as I can see, it held the record for longer than any other coaster has done to date.

reddude333

Giga Poster

And the tallest reverse incline coaster as far as I can tell (would say shuttle but we've got coasters like Superman that are shuttles too).

Also, Gravity Max is a pretty awesome and unique coaster, maybe not "strange" but definitely one of a kind.
6mi000hj82gfi6e2bqk2kr.jpg

km37p36282e1adg00oq418.jpg

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1O-I5jYdVk[/youtube]

There is also a POV on YouTube as well.

Martyn B

CF Legend

The stats for Moonsault are strange.... 110ft taller than a standard Boomerang, yet only 8mph faster?

And woah, 6.2g! :shock:

kimahri

CF Legend

^^ Gavin Jones? Sounds familiar.

Anyway, personally I've always been kinda of impressed with Gravity Max, with some of the things I've seen on RCT3 they could end up with pretty cool designs if more people had them :|

reddude333

Giga Poster

Yeah, I love how random it is that they choose to have a coaster like that in the game, so obscure, and yet some other main ones are sorta missing...partially due to not existing yet, but still.

EDIT: A couple strange custom Vekomas here:

I've always thought this was an odd (but awesome looking) first drop
hcmpoh4mgat4005d10a1u8.jpg

And talk about a long transition between elements...I guess they have a couple others like this though
61a001d10a1u8pg1cd06is.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

At least is has banking... but I'm willing to bet that's not intentional.

reddude333

Giga Poster

Just noticed this and thought it seemed a bit odd for a family coaster. Shamu Express at SeaWorld Orlando has 14 cars!

9qlq300015t0a1u8popf9g.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend

A lot of them Tivoli coasters have massive trains. This one is the same lenght, but it just looks ridiculous...

3sc2ssbr2k6o4190o5ps00.jpg

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

The Vekoma Illusion coasters take the prize for train length: Bobbejaanland's Evolution has a 30-car train, whilst the former Chaos at Opryland USA had a 40-car train.

Jake

Strata Poster

A few members probably have this credit (Gavin?), but I didn't know it existed till today...

http://rcdb.com/1617.htm?p=0

It's a Wild Mouse, with huge Vekoma/Arrow style track...

keq4md23bt0352001eumrc.jpg

If that isn't weird enough, wait till you see the cars. It looks like they literally ordered a knockoff arrow train and seperated the cars, complete with OTSRs...

027dmo9cq46npo6a6002tv.jpg

jmn5j80c7l0p8g003o1mr1.jpg

If anyone knows anything else (that isn't on RCDB) about this cred, let me know because I'm curious!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Those are my pictures!

Weird ride, and not a mouse layout at all. More like a smaller wildcat, actually. Not much else to say.

Xpress

Strata Poster

rollermonkey said:
The Vekoma Illusion coasters take the prize for train length: Bobbejaanland's Evolution has a 30-car train, whilst the former Chaos at Opryland USA had a 40-car train.

Holy rider capacity batman.