Xxxtentacionn

Roller Poster
Oops I didn't noticed that was fan-made! My bad :s

More Parkz updates:

1K3EWO7.jpg

pzRwckt.jpg

40VTXib.jpg

ykVquA6.jpg

We'll soon know for sure if the loop is inverting or not. I'm too lazy to look into detail the support structure :p
Looks to me as if they're going with the non inverting loop> Just by looking at the entrance and exit to the inversion or lack there of.

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
I don't see why the structure would differ between inverting and non-inverting. The top 40% of a loop - where this ride's will potentially twist - is usually self supporting:

https://rcdb.com/3866.htm#p=24218

But don't forget that this is being built by Mack. They threw a barrel roll on Storm at Etnaland just for ****s and giggles.

slick

Roller Poster
Hey guys, long time listener, first time caller. The media announcement is happening shortly, i'll report back with a few bits shortly, but from all accounts we're essentially confirming 115k/ph, 60m tall, 1.4km of track and DC themed, and yes, by all accounts based on our discussion in our Australian discussion forums, it's 100% a non-inverting loop. :)

IG9887

Roller Poster
Well... think they should of gone for "first hyper coaster ridden backwards" instead of "one of the worlds first non-inverting loops" (By the time this opens there would be 11 others worldwide...), but none the less should be one of the best, if not the best ride in the southern hemisphere!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
That concept is ****ing fantastic. I love it.

And Silver Dollar City gets a ****ing spinner when this is a thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Wow, what a great looking ride! Looks like an incredible layout with some really nice elements. And the backwards seats! Very solid addition.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It does definitely look cool, but I'm not so keen on the name, and I think capacity will be an issue, as it only looks to have 22 riders per train, and will probably only run 2 trains.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I really like the look of this. I think this'll be a great coaster, and hopefully continues to bolster their reputation as one of the top tier manufacturers.

Plus, I still think the pink looks great. <3

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I am very interested in seeing how this rides at the back! The twisted steep drop and backwards seating combo is quite intriguing indeed :eek:

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
That concept is :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing fantastic. I love it.

And Silver Dollar City gets a :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing spinner when this is a thing.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Silver Dollar City also has an RMC and the world's greatest mine train. Also, we don't know how much air the spinner will generate.

Gazza

Giga Poster
Rendering of the layout:
b053e470efb6b3bdd04680ea5f7a0f89.jpg

Personally, I think the layout is pretty perfect. Big ejector eairtime hill at the start, and then some more air in the non inverting loop (And heaps of head choppers with the helix that threads through). The middle part of the ride balances things out with lots of fast twisting manoeuvres (Reminds me a bit of Fury 325 in a way). Helix of death, check. Then it finishes off with a bunch of airtime hills.
Really well balanced, avoids being too turn based (Eg like I305) nor does it become too formulatic with multiple consecutive hills (Eg like Behemoth)

This, Helix or Flash though?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
This, Helix or Flash though?

Obviously a hard choice!

Helix has this very unique layout and landscape. It also provides great floater moments during some of the inversions and a decent amount of airtime. The turns aren't that snappy except for the one before the (duh.) helix. Very varied and fun experience but not the most intense and it has perhaps a little too many rolls. It's the only one of the three I've ridden and ranks #5 in my list.

Flash has a nice twisty drop, slightly bigger airtime hills, a cool Zero G Roll and some twisty bits at the end. The trims before every single hill but one are heartbreaking though...

DC Rivals has an arguably even better drop, EGF style. It seems to have the most airtime of all three, both in quantity and in quality. The turns look snappier as well, as if Mack is trying to push the envelope a little further. I agree with Gazza, the layout really is varied!

I think if DC Rivals manages to be a little more intense than Helix, it would be the best Mack ever. Otherwise, it's a virtual tie between this and Helix!

Anyway, I've found some drone footage from OurWorlds. Great overview of the progress so far:

Lofty

CF Legend
The IP is gross, at least the coaster looks great. Does anyone else think that the backwards two seats may have an upcharge to them?

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea DC Rivals isn't the best. Should have just themed it to The Joker.

The coaster looks amazing though, absolutely love the layout. That rendering really gives you an idea of the scale of this, makes Superman opposite look tiny.