What's new

Walt Disney Studios Park | Avengers Assemble: Flight Force | R'n'RC retheme | 2022

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I can't help but feel this was a huge wasted opportunity to upgrade an ageing roller coaster with something new. It's pretty unremarkable as a ride, and they could have pulled something really impressive out the bag, just seems like a bit waste of capital expenditure.

You're basically sticking a Windows 11 sticker on a Windows 98
Putting a ride in a Disney park is like porting a game to the Nintendo Switch.

Before: Pretty much average. S’alright. Not the best.

On Switch: Really fun! Lots of redeeming features! It’s so good I can play this game on the go!

Changa

Mega Poster
Putting a ride in a Disney park is like porting a game to the Nintendo Switch.

Before: Pretty much average. S’alright. Not the best.

On Switch: Really fun! Lots of redeeming features! It’s so good I can play this game on the go!
Which park woukd be the metaphorical steam deck then? IoA?

UP87

Mega Poster
Steam Deck? Where are the exclusive games? How about we don't stick to this mediocre analogy?

This thing looks like a football stadium. Nothing that'd make me think Avengers at this time. But it's not yet finished and the LEDs might help a bit... though atm I really lack the imagination to see anything in this.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Which park woukd be the metaphorical steam deck then? IoA?
On the basis that the Steam Deck is purportedly ‘buggy and doesn’t work properly’… a stormy day at any park? 🤔

IOA is a sentient, custom water-cooled, 3090 equipped custom-build that makes you never want for anything again 🤗

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I know it looks awful now but you will literally never see it looking like that, it's going to be illuminated at all times with powerful LED lighting.

However, even with it looking like that it's still a huge improvement on this 😆

View attachment 16477
It’s the most 90s facade ever. Could only be improved by adding Sonic the Hedgehog and roller blades.

spicy

Giga Poster
It’s the most 90s facade ever. Could only be improved by adding Sonic the Hedgehog and roller blades.

Yeah and was put up in 2002 so was out of date when it was new. The huge CD was hilarious still sitting up there in 2021.

So bad considering what an awesome entrance RnR at MGM studios got.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Walt Disney Studios was the epitome of cheap Disney when they built it. Any of the small amount of charm that the MGM studios had was completely washed out for the Paris park.

It’s a shame that this update to the park couldn’t have happened a decade ago when they did the updates to California Adventure. Bob Chapek just seems set on making everything cheaper and IP filled, reminds me of late Eisner times.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
RnRC was my favourite coaster but the entrance looked atrocious. I'm surprised in the 18 years it was open they didn't try to improve it.

Still very sour about this project. I know Aerosmith couldn't last forever but I wish they could've kept the rock theme and lightshow.

Also I don't like Marvel, which rubs salt into the wound.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Yeah, I'm similarly not a fan of Marvel, and tbh this whole new area screams "I'm on a budget and will be rethemed after 10 years" anyway.

I didn't rate Avatar, but I still want to visit AK and explore Pandora. It's pretty beautiful, whether you like the film or not. I don't rate Marvel either, but unlike Pandora, this just looks to be a bland shopping mall with a coaster at the back, a food court, and a Six Flags quality shooter ride. Yikes.

spicy

Giga Poster
Yea looks terrible at the moment but I think it's going to look great when it's finished.

I like how they have raised it as going to look great at the back of the area walking into Avengers Campus.

Attachments

• 1647861184137.png
    1647861184137.png
    907.2 KB · Views: 70

Leon_K

Mega Poster
Yea looks terrible at the moment but I think it's going to look great when it's finished.

I like how they have raised it as going to look great at the back of the area walking into Avengers Campus.

I also think the colors on the photo of the current status don't really help. It is definitely going to look better with the coloring and lighting finished.

peep

CF Legend
According to a member over at wdwmagic forums we might be getting more news regarding this area April 21st. I'm personally hoping for an opening date so I can start pencilling in when I next go.

I think the whole Iron Man area at the back will look quite nice once finished (actual plants are going in!). I agree that the concrete pillars look very car park-y and the photo I saw of the new outdoor queue area gave off the same vibes. Hoping they get at least painted or something. I also hope the ride building is getting a new lick of paint, the big grey boxes are quite ill-fitting now. There are some photos of new cables running down one bit, no idea what that's all about.

peep

CF Legend
Disneyland Paris and ridiculous ride names that no one actually uses is a standard combo these days. Do we know the full name of their version of the Spidey ride yet?