What's new

Walibi Holland | Unknown | RMC Raptor | 2025

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Part of me hopes they go back to manufacturing the track like the did with the first couple. WW and Railblazer both seem to be pretty smooth, but the newer ones all seem to hit each track joint. Does anyone know why they changed this?

Hutch

Strata Poster
WW and Railblazer both seem to be pretty smooth, but the newer ones all seem to hit each track joint.
Recent reports of Wonder Woman have said it's been far from smooth, and I think Railblazer is going the same way. It's part of the reason why SFFT have been upgrading it.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Recent reports of Wonder Woman have said it's been far from smooth, and I think Railblazer is going the same way. It's part of the reason why SFFT have been upgrading it.
Ah I wasn’t aware, I’m basing this all off of just watching the POVs and what people have said. How have SFFT been upgrading WW do you know?

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
Part of me hopes they go back to manufacturing the track like the did with the first couple. WW and Railblazer both seem to be pretty smooth, but the newer ones all seem to hit each track joint. Does anyone know why they changed this?
There could be some manufacturing difference that's not immediately visible, but from the prototypes to the newer versions, there's no difference in how the track joints are connected. They both sit end to end, with these joining plates on the top & bottom face, then the rails can be ground down to create a "smooth" transition if needed.

1719414649030.png1719414554704.png

The solution to make these properly smooth would be to have a full steel plate, edge to edge on the entire top face, that extends over the track joints (just like the IBox track does). I personally think this just wasn't doable with how narrow the track is.

I've only done Railblazer 5 years ago, so I can't speak for the smoothness of others, but it could be a real park-by-park thing where lots of factors (general maintenance, train tolerances, quality of fabrication/installation, etc.) can determine why one's smooth and one's not. But I have no idea.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
Wonder Woman developed a terrible rattle pretty quickly from what I’ve heard. The entire fleet of trains is being replaced because the old trains were falling apart faster than anyone could’ve anticipated. It’s also part of why the newer installations are a lot less rapid-fire than the prototypes.

Last edited:

Peter Immelmann

Mega Poster
The one at SFMM was indeed surprisingly rattly already in its opening year while jersey devil was mostly smooth except for one jolt at a track joint just after the first turn around (pull out from the dive loop). The one at SFFT actually wasn't that bad when I rode it last years February. Ok, it felt and sounded like it would fell apart but actually tracked decently smoothly I would say. Though it's a bit hard to compare as the original installations are so much more aggressive.

Rupert

Mega Poster
I rode RailBlazer last week and excluding the station where it jolted a bit when setting off, I thought it was really smooth - no noticeable rattle, just completely insane airtime and transitions. So perhaps @MLDesigns is right and it’s just down to the maintenance regime of each park.

Roller_Ghoster

Roller Poster
Construction has begun going vertical as the storage building is starting to take shape! Most of the concrete footers are now also in place and covered up with sand. Can't wait for these two beasts to open!

(Photos taken from La Grande Roue on 20/7/2024)
20240720_171733.jpg20240720_171739.jpg20240720_171723-EDIT.jpg