What's new

Walibi Holland | New Ride | 2019

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Management clearly been smoking some funny stuff and changing their minds like the weather then... ;)

Matt N

CF Legend
I sincerely hope it's not a :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing Free Spin.
I hope not as well @Lofty, even though I'm not going to Walibi Holland any time soon. They said in 2016 that this would be a "unique large coaster". I wouldn't call an S&S Free Spin unique if they go with the Six Flags layout, as I like to call it. Even though Nagashima has one, too.

Lofty

CF Legend
I hope not as well @Lofty, even though I'm not going to Walibi Holland any time soon. They said in 2016 that this would be a "unique large coaster". I wouldn't call an S&S Free Spin unique if they go with the Six Flags layout, as I like to call it. Even though Nagashima has one, too.
I agree, a friend of mine at the park said "We're getting something really cool, and HUGE", massive emphasis on huge, so I highly doubt it is another S&S.

Matt N

CF Legend
I agree, a friend of mine at the park said "We're getting something really cool, and HUGE", massive emphasis on huge, so I highly doubt it is another S&S.
If he emphasised huge, then it's probably not an S&S Free Spin... as multiple rides at Walibi Holland are already bigger than the standard layout S&S Free Spin.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Maybe it's something very similar to and S&S free spin... Maybe it's a 2nd Gen ZacSpin

Or maybe it's a different S&S product, like a free fly.

Lofty

CF Legend
Well, he hinted at Mack. So it really doesn't leave us with much to go on. Equally, things happen, ideas change and contracts become null/void. So, who knows what they're getting, yet?

Matt N

CF Legend
Well, he hinted at Mack. So it really doesn't leave us with much to go on. Equally, things happen, ideas change and contracts become null/void. So, who knows what they're getting, yet?
Did you say Mack? Maybe Walibi could be latching on to the Cedar Fair trend of having a hyper and a giga in the same park and buying a Mack hyper, but making it over 300ft tall so that it becomes a giga, if you get my drift.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
The guy next to Mascha Van Till, general manager from Walibi Holland is Filip De Witte. He is the former general manager from Bellewaerde Park in Belgium. Maybe the news is that he became general manager from Walibi Holland?

Lofty

CF Legend
Did you say Mack? Maybe Walibi could be latching on to the Cedar Fair trend of having a hyper and a giga in the same park and buying a Mack hyper, but making it over 300ft tall so that it becomes a giga, if you get my drift.
WE CAN HOPE.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
An S&S free spin would be unique to Europe, which I think is the latest thing they claimed?

Mack wouldn't surprise me though. Walibi seemingly have a good working relationship with them lately, what with Pulsar, Lost Gravity and Mack being shortlisted for Belgium's 2021 coaster. One of their new spinners would suit the park perfectly..