What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland to get a Mack coaster for 2016

Got a horrible feeling that this could be similar to Cobra's Curse at BGT.

Hope my instinct is wrong!

geoffrey-arend-in-amp-039-super-troopers-amp-039-amp-quot-please-no-amp-quot_o_2988905.webp

I love Maurer spinners so I'd welcome a mack version , but I can't see one being 105ft high. Premier Sky rockets are 150ft so I don't think a smaller mack version is out of the question.

Chris Brown said:
Got a horrible feeling that this could be similar to Cobra's Curse at BGT.

Hope my instinct is wrong!

I actually think, and hope that it will be something similar to that.

First pieces of track have arrived.
So apparently the track will be black and yellow.

121115trackwh1.jpg

121115trackwh2.jpg

Source: looopings.nl

^ I don't think so, as I haven't seen any foundations for a building (aside from the station and storage).

I doubt it will be a spinner, the track looks way too big for that. I'm guessing some type of mix between Alpina Blitz and Storm

^Yeah, now that I look at the options, I can see a Mack Mega Lite coming here. I wouldn't think that a spinner was heavy enough so that it'd need a spine. I guess it's just a matter of time before we find out what this actually is.

But, what's the big difference from Goliath and a Mega-Lite? I don't understand why you'd add a 'Lite' option, when they already have a mega in the park?!

I have a feeling that it's gonna be a coaster with inversions, or a spinner.

I think it will be a coaster with inversions which is just what they need! Goliath is the only great coaster at the park and something is needed to back it up.

I can definitely see something like Storm. I think an Alpina Blitz clone is out of the question because it's so similar to Goliath, I could see a mega lite style coaster with inversions. Not sure if the source is reliable, it was written in Dutch and I had to translate it, but it said that it would feature at least one inversion and would not be an indoor coaster. And it said there was nothing like it in bordering countries (Italy isn't bordering it, maybe that's a hint toward a Storm-like coaster)

This might be a hint to what we will get with this ride.

Turns out Mack tested a spinning car on Blue Fire at some point

Spin1.jpg

Spin2.jpg

Source

A large scale spinning mega coaster would combine some of those rumours :p

Re: Dollywood | Lightning Rod | Launched RMC

I don't know if I like it or not. Certainly interesting.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

That would be disgusting, Inversions, spinning and airtime. No thank you.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Well, it would certainly lift the status of spinning coasters a little. Until now, spinners have tended to be quite tiny, compact coasters, filler rides in almost every park but the absolute smallest ones. Putting spinning cars on large coasters is certainly unconventional, and might give us some pretty original-looking rides in the future.

^Neither do I. Winjas is still one of my top coasters! Such a fun ride :--D I do like the newer Mack spinners too; Sierra Sidewinder was actually the second best ride at Knott's imo :)

Not a MASSIVE fan on spinners, but, if it is a combination of spinning, inversions and airtime, I'd be quite interested to see how it turns out.