What's new

Walibi Holland | Lost Gravity | Mack Rides mega coaster

Re: Walibi Holland to get a Mack coaster for 2016

In the meanwhile, Looopings.nl published an article which says that Walibi Holland has been working on this project for 3 years.

For this new rollercoaster, they have asked six companies to do some propositions for their new rollercoaster: Intamin, Gerstlauer, Vekoma, Premier Rides, Mack and B&M. At the end, Walibi Holland said that Mack was the company with the best offer, close enough to the spirit of Walibi Holland.

The park also said that the new rollercoaster will not be a big rollercoaster but rather small. The manager from the park, Mascha Van Till says she didn't want to build a rollercoaster where everyone is afraid to get in and ride it, nor a rollercoaster with effects you can't be sure of they work on a daily base.

Source: Looopings.nl

In other words: cheap.

I hope to god it's not a wild mouse because more of them do not need to exist.

That statement seems a bit odd, they say they are going for something rather small yet they consulted with B&M, B&M don't do small! Unless they asked each company for a different sort of design. Seems odd to ask B&M for say a wingrider or something and then go to Mack and ask for something small. Seems a rather strange consulting process.

JamesB said:
That statement seems a bit odd, they say they are going for something rather small yet they consulted with B&M, B&M don't do small! s.

d3toi6ho000obqei4vm56g.jpg

?

That's not to say that they spoke to B&M for longer than five minutes, but stranger things have happened.

It's going to be small and cheap. I think my money is on a Spinner. Or even something like a YoungStar.

I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but RCDB now has this down as a custom Mack Mega Coaster!

So it won't be launch and we may forget about blue fire-like coaster ?

Martyn B said:
I don't know if this is common knowledge or not, but RCDB now has this down as a custom Mack Mega Coaster!
Woha! That would be amazing :--D Just what Walibi needs!

If it does indeed turn out to be a Mack mega I imagine it would be something similar to the one that's getting built in Lewa World (albeit probably on a bit smaller scale). They already have Goliath, so I doubt they will be opting for another mega coaster along the lines of Alpina Blitz...

^ I thought that at first too, but Walibi Belgium are getting their third shuttle coaster next year...

It would make sense for it to be a looper, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it turns out to be like Alpina Blitz.

Walibi actually investing in anything new?

That in itself is a bit of a sensation, but I'm not holding my breath for anything spectacular.

I've got a feeling there is another topic for this which shows plans for a shuttle water coaster although I can't work out if I dreamt that or not...

Please ignore! Wrong Walibi park ahaha

RCDB has said a custom Mack mega for ages, but the park has never revealed anything yet, so it's purely speculation from RCDB's part.

^ RCDB tends to work from official news, confirmation from parks or manufacturers etc.

They've said things before that weren't right. I highly doubt the park told them half a year ago and that they were allowed to just post that info, while the park or any other news source hasn't said anything. I would wait until official announcements before getting excited. Of course it is definitely a possibility.

I'm not saying it's concrete evidence, I'm just saying that they tend to only add info when they know it's official.

Most of their info/stats actually come from the manufacturers.

^ I've emailed Duane about where he got the information a while ago. He responded that he forgot, so the information most probably didn't come from Mack, even less the park itself. My bet is somebody that has been trusted with the information has spilled the beans to rcdb. Of course, if the information was even correct...

So according to Looopings it will be 32 meters tall. That will be quite a big spinning coaster then :wink: