What's new

Walibi Belgium | Unknown | Gerstlauer Family Coaster | 2025

Trax

Hyper Poster
It’s really funny, I was at the park on Sunday, and talking about how a multi launch coaster is really missing in their line-up, mentioning that a placement over ob of their lakes would really make sense.
They obviously listened to me 😂
Unfortunately they misheard me, I said Vekoma and large scale, not Gerstlauer Family.

Allthough I was hoping for a ride with pendulum launch, I really feel like they could use more attractions going forwards and backwards in that park.

But to be clear: after a major Thrill ride with Kondaa, it just makes sense for the park to have a family ride as their next large attraction. And with Loup Garou still in the run for a retrack (either Gravity Group or RMC) the next thrill-coaster is already in the making.

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
And so there are the locals again. According to Looopings they are not happy with the plans for the upcoming coaster...
The locals from the Rue Joseph Deschamps strike again. Curious to see where this is going to end!

Trax

Hyper Poster
My favourite line from their complain:

„It's time to review the park's strategy, for example by moving to a location far from the residents, by removing old attractions every time a new one opens or by investing in less noisy activities."

Because moving a 50 year old theme park is easier than you selling your house you bought 20 years ago for cheap because it’s next to a theme park.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I actually really like the boat ride, it has been a welcome break in the day on both my recent visits. I'll be sad to see it go.

cookie

Giga Poster
Most of the surrounding area has been cleared and the lake has been drained.

walibi-belgium-land-clearing-started-for-the-parks-10th-v0-4yt02zto1dhc1.jpg

Rupert

Mega Poster
It’s amazing what a transformation the park has had in the last few years. A decade ago I had no desire to visit the collection of average coasters but now it’s a genuinely great day out, with a hugely fun headliner, a really strong supporting line-up for all ages, good landscaping. The constant visible improvements (including this new coaster and the Tutankhamen refurb) make it even more appealing to revisit.

Just need to RMC Loup Garou! :p

VonRolland

Hyper Poster
It’s amazing what a transformation the park has had in the last few years. A decade ago I had no desire to visit the collection of average coasters but now it’s a genuinely great day out, with a hugely fun headliner, a really strong supporting line-up for all ages, good landscaping. The constant visible improvements (including this new coaster and the Tutankhamen refurb) make it even more appealing to revisit.

Just need to RMC Loup Garou! :p
That would really be a stand out coaster, WB for me personally has too many supporting coasters with no major standout coaster

cookie

Giga Poster
Loup Garou suuuuuuuucks but I don’t need to see it get RMC’d. It serves its purpose even if it desperately needs work.

Trax

Hyper Poster
I have to agree - Loup Garou is the funny kind of bad. Its one of those rides, I like to do a couple of times per visit just because it is actually quite a bit of fun. The airtime is short but decent, and the fact that it was designed in Minecraft just adds to it.
Its like a "soft" roughness if that makes sense.

Sandman

Giga Poster
RMC it.

It's not historic or interesting enough to preserve in it's current form.

Another very local RMC for us Brits, and it would still only be the 4th here in Europe. I'd take that all day long.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
I'd rather see what the Gravity Group could do with it. Get that silky smooth pre-cut track in on a proper reprofiled layout, and they would have a banging 1-2 punch.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
IMG_20240311_183032.jpg IMG_20240311_183012.jpg

Walibi Belgium has announced the closure of Gold River Adventure on their socials. Apparently, sharks(!) have been spotted on the security cameras on the ride!🤭 A fun little way to wave an old ride goodbye and tease the potential theme for this new addition! More info to follow over the coming months.