What's new

Walibi Belgium | Unknown | Gerstlauer Family Coaster | 2025

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
Big news for Walibi Belgium as the park has applied for a building permit for a new rollercoaster and themed land.

At the beginning of the 2023 season, fans noticed several marking posts around Flashback, Psyke Underground, Gold River Adventure and Tiki Waka. Now it seems that the building permit was applied for this exact location.

IMG_7058.jpeg

This permit also asks for a new themed land, including rides such as Psyké Underground, Pulsar and Flashback, a new restaurant and somekind of hall which will include the exits of Flashback, Psyké Underground and the new rollercoaster.

It is not known yet when this rollercoaster will open or who will be the constructor.

cookie

Giga Poster
That pathway between Tiki-Waka and Psyké always felt like a bit of a dead zone, especially with the old train station being left abandoned, so good to see it's going to get spruced up.

Are they ever going to do anything with the old Tornado plot or will that remain as event/Halloween space in perpetuity?

KristofWB

Hyper Poster
That pathway between Tiki-Waka and Psyké always felt like a bit of a dead zone, especially with the old train station being left abandoned, so good to see it's going to get spruced up.

Are they ever going to do anything with the old Tornado plot or will that remain as event/Halloween space in perpetuity?
At this point, the plot is used for Halloween and private events. But I always heard that it is a potential space for further extensions of the park.

HandsUpPantsDown

Roller Poster
Are those corkscrews or tight airtime hills? Layout looks to lean to a Family Coaster, perhaps an intamin straddle launch? Intamin have hinted that they have more coming

cookie

Giga Poster
Are those corkscrews or tight airtime hills? Layout looks to lean to a Family Coaster, perhaps an intamin straddle launch? Intamin have hinted that they have more coming
According to Looopings it’s supposed to be a Gerstlauer Family Coaster, which’d make it the fourth CdA has bought after Pegasé Express, Wakala, and the one coming to Jardin d’Acclimatation.

Wonder if they’re going with the name ”Speed Boat” as shown in the concept art or if that’s just a placeholder.

1687864040458.jpeg

Last edited:

Varnonth

Roller Poster
Hopefully this leads to Iron Garou as their next investment xD

I’ve always thought ‘Rougarou’ would be a good new name if they ever consider reimagening Loup-Garou, because of the ‘New-Orleans’ themed area it would be located in by then…

Nice new addition to the park! Way to go CDA!

Sandman

Giga Poster
This is the kind of progression I have been anticipating from Wally Belge since Kondaa was announced. Lovely news!

I suppose the only stipulation is that I am in the minority that bloody loves Psyke exactly how it is. Beautiful, cheesy, unique and thrilling!