What's new

Walibi Belgium | Kondaa | Intamin Mega Coaster | 2021

Projektion

Mega Poster
I don't know if its just me, but I remember there being mounting plates for trims on the first hill, and it looks like they're gone in those pics.

God, I'm hoping borders reopen.

Last edited:

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Multi launches, swing launches, top hats - all this new age gimmicky stuff, it's all fine and dandy, but there's something just so basic, primal even, about the sight of a towering lift hill and a couple of gigantic camel backs that stirs my loins like nothing else. Ask any kid to draw a roller coaster and you can guarantee the first thing they'll draw is a massive lift hill and some gigantic camel backs.
Can't beat it. Every park should have at least one coaster like that.
The fact that Kondaa then starts throwing some new age, sideways bunny hop sh*t at you is just gravy.

Last edited:

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Multi launches, swing launches, top hats - all this new age gimmicky stuff, it's all fine and dandy, but there's something just so basic, primal even, about the sight of a towering lift hill and a couple of gigantic camel backs that stirs my loins like nothing else

I think this is the reason why RMCs were such a big hit too. You have the primal concept, along with the classic feel thanks to the wooden structures.

As awesome as all the new launch tech and whatever else is, if this works, it could help rejuvenate the basic concept

Howie

Donkey in a hat
I think this is the reason why RMCs were such a big hit too. You have the primal concept, along with the classic feel thanks to the wooden structures.

As awesome as all the new launch tech and whatever else is, if this works, it could help rejuvenate the basic concept

Exactly... 'the basic concept'.
If you strip away all the frills and go right back to the beginning, roller coasters are nothing more than machines designed to prey on our fundamental fears of height, speed and falling. Being slowly cranked up to a great height on a lift hill, only to be dropped at high speed is and always will be the perfect combo for triggering those fears.
Think about it, with all the best parks, the first thing you see on approach is the towering lift hill of some massive coaster, it's always the first 'trigger'.
Drop towers too, same thing. Dunno about you, but drop towers still scare the crap out of me!

Matt N

CF Legend
I’ll admit I couldn’t agree more @Howie! As much as height isn’t everything in a coaster, there’s something I just find really, really cool about a huge hyper with a huge lift hill and big, drawn-out camelbacks! I definitely get what you mean by “the basic concept” as well; my favourite coaster, Mako, is “the basic concept” to a degree, and I adore that thing, so I’d definitely agree you don’t need high-tech features to make a fun ride!

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
The statue on the station is receiving some paint which already makes it look amazing.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
Walibi also dropped a new concept art of the new zone, rollercoaster and name, it looks incredible.

nson

Roller Poster
(My first post, hi everyone ! )
So yesterday I went there to watch some actions and I ended sharing a long discussion with the chief project from Compagnie des Alpes and I learned few stuffs:
- they still have to test it for 2weeks before the first ride with people can happen
-there will be no trim brakes
-Loup Garou rmc is in the plans for the future, someone who had insights with rmc told me it should happen in 2023.

The ride goes much faster than it seems on video, NICR has a very good pacing.
Another rumor about that retrack, but this one looks pretty well engaged.

Coasterwaffle

Roller Poster
So yesterday I went there to watch some actions and I ended sharing a long discussion with the chief project from Compagnie des Alpes and I learned few stuffs:
- they still have to test it for 2weeks before the first ride with people can happen
-Loup Garou rmc is in the plans for the future, someone who had insights with rmc told me it should happen in 2023.

very interesting information and I am really intrigued by it, I would love Loup Garou to be RMC'd, it has so much potential for an RMC. and also I am very happy to hear that there won't be any trims installed on the ride. This truly is some incredible information.

RumorGirl

Roller Poster

My insight sources within CdA say some other stuff. They state that there ARE PLANS for a possible RMC-redo of Loup Garou, but ALSO GCI is being considered for a full retrack (and change of lay-out) for the ride. That would also be more in line with the target audience of families.
But my sources claim that both are still in development, and COVID-19 may have slowed the process down as well.

Enil

Roller Poster

Holy **** that's some good news! Only the no trims part would've made me happy, but a GCI or RMC retrack?? That'd be so cool! I do think we'll have to wait a couple of years with the whole covid situation, but that's amazing news nonetheless

ThrillsExpress

Roller Poster
I mean... you could very well be speaking the truth, but they're 75 million euro master plan was first set to end in 2023 and has now been delayed to 2025. Keep in mind this plan didn't include any sort of Werewolf RMC treatment, so i'm just a bit skeptical that they would throw an entire RMC retrack in there.