Vertical or >90 Degree

• Vertical

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • >90 Degree

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
I'd say beyond vertical, the lift out your seat as you go past 90° is incredible. But at the same time Oblivion and Stealth have fantastic drops, it's a tie for me as the both types of drops are great fun.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Vertical for sure. You get much more airtime on vertical drops than on beyond vertical ones. Not to mention they look much more intimidating.

Snoo

The Legend
The real question is Floater vs Ejector.

As my top 10 suggests, I'm a man of ejector, hence I prefer beyond 90.

Greater, for sure. 90 degree drops are obviously awesome, but nothing likes to try throwing you out of a train like the beyond vertical ones. Even though it's small, Maverick has one of my favourite first drops on any coaster that I've been on.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
The more negative g-force, the better. And since beyond-vertical drops creates even greater negative g, it is my absolute choice.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Falling into your restraint because of the angle isn't airtime.

Vertical drop please.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think I'm gonna go with vertical for now. Two out of the three beyond vertical drop rides I've been on are jerky Gerstlauers, and their drops are very brief. The 90 degree drops I've been on are much more enjoyable, comfortable, and generally larger (Dive machines, Intamin top hats).

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The only beyond vertical drop I've actually done is Saw, but I find it a bit weird; it feels more like a 90 degree drop, then a 10 degree drop, as opposed to a 100 degree drop that naturally flows (if that makes sense? :p ).

Vertical drops feel nicer and come across as more intimidating I find, so would have to go with that.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
I would like to point out that everyone who said beyond vertical seemed to have voted for vertical due to an issue in interpreting their greater than and less than symbols. :razz:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
gavin said:
Falling into your restraint because of the angle isn't airtime.

Vertical drop please.
Quoted to emphasise this.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Hard one, I love Maverick's drop but hate Eurofighter drops. Went with Vertical because they are all awesome, but some >90's are fab.

metalhead7

Mega Poster
It seems like when this comes up everyone is comparing dive machines to eurofighters, which is a little unfair considering most dive machines are larger. I would be interested to see how someone who has ridden Takabisha would compare the two.

From my inexperienced standpoint I can only compare Kennywood's Skyrocket to Hershey Park's Fahrenheit. In this case Fahrenheit wins by a mile. I would argue that size is more important than angle of decent.

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
metalhead7 said:
It seems like when this comes up everyone is comparing dive machines to eurofighters, which is a little unfair considering most dive machines are larger. I would be interested to see how someone who has ridden Takabisha would compare the two.

From my inexperienced standpoint I can only compare Kennywood's Skyrocket to Hershey Park's Fahrenheit. In this case Fahrenheit wins by a mile. I would argue that size is more important than angle of decent.
That's what she said?

owentaylor121

Giga Poster
^No she didn't say that, now stop posting pointless posts to try and get your post count up at little. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Ayy Lmao

Mega Poster
owentaylor121 said:
^No she didn't say that, now stop posting pointless posts to try and get your post count up at little. :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
Ok. :(
That being said I prefer vertical drops. I wonder how the drops of the B&M Dive Machines would be if they didn't have a holding break, had a cable lift, and had 7 cars.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
^The curve from the top of the lift to the vertical drop will be broad.

It's difficult to say as I'll be comparing the drops of euro fighters to dive machines, but I think vertical feels better throughout the whole drop.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Vertical.
I always see 90 degree drops as more intimidating and a lot better to ride. Plus, to me, the transition into a 90 degree drop always feels like its going beyond 90 anyway and knowing it actually isn;t messes with my brain. Knowing that the drop is beyond 90 spoils the sensation for me.