What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
Despite my initial reactions, I suspect that this will not be the unit heading to Cotaland judging by that wide turn. I think that we can also rule out Qiddiya on a similar basis. That just leaves it as a coin toss between Energylandia and that mystery 4th location.
IMG_5883.jpg

The_bullgod

Mega Poster
That track looks to begin to twist on the drop, which makes me think it's not for Circuit Breaker as that drop is straight?
That's a good point.
And with this twisted drop it can still go to Saudi-Arabia and Poland.
Six Flags Qiddiya has shown us concept art for the tilt coaster with a twisted drop and for Energylandia it was mentioned in the tender.

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster
I can confirm there is NO twist at the end of this element. It does reach allmost into the ground.
We don't know that yet. A twist would very well need more time/distance to pull out, which this will not have constructed.
And with this twisted drop it can still go to Saudi-Arabia and Poland.
Six Flags Qiddiya has shown us concept art for the tilt coaster with a twisted drop and for Energylandia it was mentioned in the tender.
I don't think that this unit will be for Qiddiya. The turnaround and colors aren't a match for what we have (don't know the color scheme for sure but this is 100% not it).

In other news, a new image of the tilt track has surfaced from the plant. The interview also mentions that future buyers will be footing the rising bill for coaster steel given the war in Ukraine.
763.jpeg

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Turns out it does have a twist:

LN0qL0r.jpeg

Projektion

Mega Poster
Does that mean PortAventura could be the 4th installation?
There was that interview on Coasterfriends that mentioned their new addition will be a coaster and one installation currently exists in the world.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Does that mean PortAventura could be the 4th installation?
There was that interview on Coasterfriends that mentioned their new addition will be a coaster and one installation currently exists in the world.
A tilt coaster would be awesome in that section of the part and could probably be themed to something akin to a mine train. Would be a much better fit than the Hot Racer imo. Fingers crossed.