What's new

Vekoma testing something new ? (at their testing facility)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Any idea how (or if) that will impact the rider experience?
I expect more difference will come from Vekoma's new trains than any modernisations to the tilt mechanism.

Efteldingus

Mega Poster
Any idea how (or if) that will impact the rider experience?
Possibly the speed of the rotation, otherwise the tilt will likely not be too different from other tilt-coasters. The rest of the layout will ofcourse be drastically different, 'new gen' Vekoma profiling will make a huge difference.

Bowser

Mega Poster
See YT video from Coaster Studios at page 11.

Thanks, missed that one. If i'm interpreting it correctly then seems like it's more of a development from an engineering perspective allowing increased flexibility of usage, meaning we're probably going to see a wave of tilt rollercoasters over the next few years?

MrRC

Mega Poster
Thanks, missed that one. If i'm interpreting it correctly then seems like it's more of a development from an engineering perspective allowing increased flexibility of usage, meaning we're probably going to see a wave of tilt rollercoasters over the next few years?
Yes, definitely. They allready sold 4 of these Tilt Coaster
1 = COTA (USA)
2 = Energylandia (Poland)
3 = Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia)
4 = (unconfirmed)

Last edited:

Bowser

Mega Poster
Yes, definitely. They allready sold 3 of these Tilt Coaster
1 = COTA (USA)
2 = Energylandia (Poland)
3 = Six Flags Qiddiya (Saudi Arabia)

Hopefully get a UK one at some point then! I think i'd enjoy watching it as much as riding it.

The Harry Potter Dark Ride version looks amazing. Those type of rides in the US look incredible compared to the UK dark rides.

Peet

Giga Poster
Vekoma posted a mildly entertaining Christmas video: