What's new

USB Stick, iPod/iPhone...or both!

USB Stick, iPod/iPhone...or both?

• I have just a USB Stick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have just an iPod/iPhone

• I have both! Yes, I'm THAT tech-savvy...

• I have Neither!

• Total voters

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
To settle a little thing between me and Marc, do you have a USB Stick, an iPod/iPhone or both!

I said that more people have USB Sticks than iPods/iPhones based on my school, but Marc disagrees based on his work in IT (which shocked me)

:D

VOTE! It's no good just posting it, VOTE! I want to win :p

marc

CF Legend
Just the Apple stuff as my USB stick broke and I never bothered replacing it as I used it all of once.

My work own a USB stick which the WIndows teams use between them, but they each own their personal iPod. See thats the difference.

Dave

CF Legend
I have both. One is a Phone/Jukebox and the other is a portable hard drive useful for Digital Darkroom work :p

Mark

Strata Poster
Just a quick thought... I wonder how many people actually use them. As Marc said, the USB stick he had never got used! Neither did the one I had years ago...

Essentially, if i really need to, I can use my ipod to transfer documents and so on....

But still I think people who own them AND use them is an interesting point...

Rach

Giga Poster
I've got the USB stick and the iPod.

I have to say I'm using my USB stick as much as I'm using my iPod lately.

I think the most people who will use USB sticks are those who are in education as it becomes very useful to take work from home to college and back again.

Actually, only the other day I brought a new £30 USB stick seeing as I'm using it so much lately.

Mike

Giga Poster
I've just got a USB stick, and use it as a back-up for any important work.

I would want an iPhone, but my old phone I've got at the moment does everything I need anyway in a very inexpensive way, so an iPhone for me would be rather pointless.

marc

CF Legend
^^Which backs up what I was saying.

If this was for city workers they would probably say iPod/iphone :)

Mark

Strata Poster
Rach said:
I think the most people who will use USB sticks are those who are in education as it becomes very useful to take work from home to college and back again.

Ciall, isn't this exactly what I said on Facebook!

peep

CF Legend
I don't own Apple products as they suck (but that's a whole different subject) so therefore my answer is...

USB stick. I don't really use it anymore because I just don't have to use it. I do however use two massive external hard drives :p

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
^^Yes...:p

I still stand by what I said that more people have USB sticks than iPods/iPhones.

Think about it. A USB stick is very cheap, starting at a couple of quid (I know Rach got herself an expensive one, but nonetheless...) while iPods and iPhones are much more expensive than USB sticks.

Though more people are likely to use iPods/iPhones for more than just storage (for universal media for example), I think the USB stick sells far more units per year than iPods/iPhones (I have no statistic, but I'm sure you'll agree). But, as said, if people use USB sticks is really the question :)

marc

CF Legend
But this poll will show who owns what on CF, which is what we want to show.

Anyway lets let people vote and see what its like in a day or 2.

marc

CF Legend
Ollie you are meant to vote for what you have not really what you use. See I could have cheated there lol.

Ollie

CF Legend
Yeah but it's just left lying doing nothing at the bottom of my bag. It's like I don't have one. Plus it's not mine anyway. I think it was my bros and he gave it to me as he didn't want it.