What's new

"unknown" - relocated Vekoma SLC for La Ronde

Blaze

Hyper Poster
That will be like putting Stephen Hawkings in the same football team as Stephen Gerrard.
Ok maybe not that extreme, SLCs are really rather good, just probably not as good as Batman clones.

Snoo

The Legend
^No.. SLC's aren't good.. ever.

This doesn't make a lot of sense, as Jake and quite a few other boards have said. Maybe it could be just for storage..again?

Jake

Strata Poster
It's been repainted this time, and La Ronde is hardly a central place within the SF chain to store a ride.

It doesn't make sense to move it up there, but it makes even less sense for them to ACTUALLY put it up there, haha.

Perhaps they're going to swap it with Batman, and move Batman somewhere? Unlikely, but I wouldn't put it past them...

So, whatever they do, Six Flags is continuing to be silly :p

La Ronde is ****.. If they remove the Batman clone they might as well demolish the entire park, because everything else sucks (well Goliath is okay I guess).

Damn, I missed the credit, but I will NOT be going back there if they put this thing up. Helllss to the no.

DropZone99

Mega Poster
I think it's dumb to be getting an SLC at a park that already has an invert. It would be different if they already had the SLC and were getting Vampire, but since it's the opposite they are just taking a step backwards. Well atleast it'll be a new credit, if I ever go there. And maybe it'll get new trains and be themed?

Xpress

Strata Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Damn, I missed the credit, but I will NOT be going back there if they put this thing up. Helllss to the no.

Wow, not going to a park just because they put a major suckage ride up :roll:

RCF

Strata Poster
Dumb stunt by SF. I hope it's just for storage. If not, then a very bad move for La Ronde.

dj-fireball999

Mega Poster
SLC's aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Seriously, there are many things worse than an SLC, like for example... Herpes.

I enjoy them. End of.

Snoo

The Legend
How many have you been on?

ONE good one doesn't make up for the half dozen I've been on that sucked huge amounts of ass.. on top of the several dozen which are likely to suck just as bad.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ These are ones that i've ridden that sucked. Majorly:

El Condor, Walibi World
Kong, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
Mind Eraser, Six Flags New England
Mind Eraser, Six Flags America
Flight Deck, Canada's Wonderland

There are a couple more, Including Traumatizer/Infusion, but the rest aren't so bad.

Next year I get to ride T2, which is one of, if not the most, notorious ones :)

Ben

CF Legend
^Don't forget Darien Lake's putrid monstrosity!

And I'll add Limit and MP-Express both suck a LOT.

Jake

Strata Poster
^ Ugh, I forgot about Darien's...

Kong, Flight Deck, El Condor and Mind Eraser (SFA) are probably the worst four. I'd sooner have a sex change, get pregnant and have an abortion than ride any of those again.

Ben

CF Legend
Infusion's fine that's why.

I don't want to sound condescending, but, trust me, Infusion is the best I've ridden, it's a "good ride". The rest suck.

Wow, not going to a park just because they put a major suckage ride up

WOW, does anyone on here read? Like really, I said I wasn't gonna go back for the credit.. The park is crappy anyway so why would I wanna go back just for a stupid SLC credit?

I want you to go on one of those notoriously crappy SLC's and see how you feel then.

I've been on like.. Two, one of which is known to be one of the better ones (Thunderhawk), the other is known to be one of the bad ones (Flight Deck). To me, they were both just okay. Good layouts, a bit of headbanging, but nothing special.