What's new

Universal's Epic Universe | Orlando USA | Theme Park

TPoseOnTantrum

Giga Poster

wrc555

Roller Poster
My honest thought is that they probably don't plan to respond. They've never really tried to challenge Universal in the thrill department and they don't really need to either. I think they know that an attraction like this isn't really what their target audience is looking for. The parks will still be jampacked with or without a major thrill coaster.

I'd tend to agree - even leaving aside the thrill coaster aspect aside, Disney have too much demand currently and have been busy trying to price folk out of coming to their parks by jacking up prices and introducing Genie plus....and still the masses flock to their gate!
If anything another park in orlando to take away some foot fall would probably do them a favor, at least in the short to medium term from a guest experience perspective!
Disney seem to have more visitors than their parks can cope with without notably degrading the experience, so I doubt they plan to invest big in response to Epic Universe as they probably dont feel they need to with current visitor numbers .....they can probably afford to loose some foot fall as long as they continue to increase the spend per visitor

AidanCKY

Mega Poster
I'd tend to agree - even leaving aside the thrill coaster aspect aside, Disney have too much demand currently and have been busy trying to price folk out of coming to their parks by jacking up prices and introducing Genie plus....and still the masses flock to their gate!
If anything another park in orlando to take away some foot fall would probably do them a favor, at least in the short to medium term from a guest experience perspective!
Disney seem to have more visitors than their parks can cope with without notably degrading the experience, so I doubt they plan to invest big in response to Epic Universe as they probably dont feel they need to with current visitor numbers .....they can probably afford to loose some foot fall as long as they continue to increase the spend per visitor

I'll continue to dream that something similar to DisneySEA may one day get built in the US :'(

cookie

Giga Poster
Not the biggest fan of the color scheme(s) on the Mack coasters, but that swooping dive looks like it should be pretty cool during a duel.

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^5 coasters total.

1 & 2: Mack Rides dueling LSM coasters (rumored name 'Starfall Racers'), located in the main hub of the park, possibly more 'stylized' than themed.
3. Mack Rides spinning coaster - themed to The Wolfman, one of the classic Universal Monsters.
4. Intamin Family Launch Coaster - themed to How to Train your Dragon.
5. Donkey Kong themed "Mine Cart Madness" coaster from Setpoint.

cocoa

Mega Poster
these live action remakes must make money, because I have to say they don't make much sense to me. but whatever, they can do what they want lol

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Oh damn...

image.png

LOOK HOW STEEP AND INTENSE THAT LOOKS!