What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Matt N

CF Legend
You know what, I also reckon it might be better than Icon.
What makes you say that with such certainty, out of interest? I know that VelociCoaster is twice the height and goes 20mph faster, but statistics aren’t necessarily everything, I guess.

One thing’s for sure, though; I’m certainly pumped for VelociCoaster, and I really hope I get to ride it in 2022!

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
All I want this ride to do is make me feel like Dr. Ian Malcolm when he rides a T-Rex in the first movie.

What, he rides a T-Rex?! Yeah, that’s right. If you pay very close attention, when the T-Rex smashes into the toilet, Dr. Ian is riding the ***ing T-Rex. Once it had been seen, it cannot be unseen.

See for yourself at 1:55 of this clip!

Also...

What makes you say that with such certainty, out of interest? I know that VelociCoaster is twice the height and goes 20mph faster, but statistics aren’t necessarily everything, I guess.

One thing’s for sure, though; I’m certainly pumped for VelociCoaster, and I really hope I get to ride it in 2022!

I’m getting strong vibes that your favourite Jurassic Park film is Jurassic Park 3.

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m getting strong vibes that your favourite Jurassic Park film is Jurassic Park 3.
What makes you say that, out of interest?

Actually, I think I may only ever have watched the first Jurassic World film from the JP franchise...

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
What makes you say that, out of interest?

Actually, I think I may only ever have watched the first Jurassic World film from the JP franchise...
><

Your suggestion that Icon has the possibility of being as good as Velocicoaster is not a popular one (as evidenced by the reaction to @Hixee ’s post). Likewise, Jurassic Park 3 is not a very popular film and is typically considered to be the worst. Therefore it is mildly amusing to think you would also harbour another wildly unpopular opinion on something else, by reference to the Jurassic Park franchise.

Explaining this throwaway, middling joke has not made it funnier \o/

Ethan

Strata Poster
Explaining this throwaway, middling joke has not made it funnier \o/
I mean the joke was hardly a smash hit anyway...

@Matt N I'd say Velocicoaster is superior to Icon just due to how the pacing appears, the variety of elements and forces, theming etc. But I suppose it's entirely subjective, you could personally ride Velocicoaster and find Icon to be favourable but I imagine most coaster nerds would disagree.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
Likewise, Jurassic Park 3 is not a very popular film and is typically considered to be the worst. Therefore it is mildly amusing to think you would also harbour another wildly unpopular opinion on something else, by reference to the Jurassic Park franchise.
Jurassic World 2 made sure that Jurassic Park 3 wasn't the worst. 5 minutes on the island, and half the movie in a Seattle Mansion!

CoasterMOG

Roller Poster
All I want this ride to do is make me feel like Dr. Ian Malcolm when he rides a T-Rex in the first movie.

What, he rides a T-Rex?! Yeah, that’s right. If you pay very close attention, when the T-Rex smashes into the toilet, Dr. Ian is riding the ***ing T-Rex. Once it had been seen, it cannot be unseen.

See for yourself at 1:55 of this clip!

Ian. Got straight up ejectored off that Trex
1620317340987.jpeg

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
Jurassic World 2 made sure that Jurassic Park 3 wasn't the worst. 5 minutes on the island, and half the movie in a Seattle Mansion!
But when dem dinos were being volcano’ed...!! 🥺

I confess that I sort of liked the introduction of ‘horror film’ themes but it sure was a whole load of dumb 🤪

@CoasterMOG yup absolutely brootal airtime 🦖

Taking it back to the coaster (....) I do hope they play this banging tune in the post-ride walkways and shop:

Last edited:

oriolat2

Giga Poster
According to reports, ride is running four trains reaching an average of over 1,300 guests per hour. They can do better than that (I think they aim at 1,800 pph), but I guess that's what soft openings are for, right?