What's new

Universal IoA | Jurassic World VelociCoaster | Intamin Blitz | 2021

Pear

Giga Poster
I rode this a few days ago and it is without a doubt my favorite coaster I've ever ridden. The ride is a lot more intense than the videos show and the final roll is one of the best coaster elements I've ever experienced. The theming is also really well done and the ride fits into the area extremely well.

Matt N

Strata Poster
I rode this a few days ago and it is without a doubt my favorite coaster I've ever ridden. The ride is a lot more intense than the videos show and the final roll is one of the best coaster elements I've ever experienced. The theming is also really well done and the ride fits into the area extremely well.
Even ahead of Steel Vengeance? Praise indeed; thanks for reporting back @Pear!

Matt N

Strata Poster

Eyebrows

Mega Poster
Interestingly, VelociCoaster is apparently having cages and plexiglass installed on and around the paths beneath the coaster due to safety concerns: https://wdwnt.com/2021/06/photos-ca...sts-below-at-universals-islands-of-adventure/

This move is believed to have been triggered by recent incidents involving loose objects, including a wig flying off the ride and ice being thrown at a train by spectators.
Man, people ruin everything. What’s so appealing about throwing something at a train anyway? First the Steel Vengeance hot sauce incident and now this.

Jackson

Mega Poster
Man, people ruin everything. What’s so appealing about throwing something at a train anyway? First the Steel Vengeance hot sauce incident and now this.
It's teenagers who think "messing with people" (AKA potentially hurting them) is funny.

Ries

Mega Poster
Don't know if this is finished yet. But this must be the ugliest bit of the ride now.
Surely this could've been done differently, curious to see what will happen to the cage in the next couple of days.