What's new

Triple Threat - NL2 Comp - ***Cancelled***

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Gerstlauer has contracted you to complete three new plug n’ play concepts for them to offer to parks. Your task? Complete a unique kiddie coaster, family boomerang, and thrill machine. Keep in mind the limitations. Kiddie coaster should be good for ALL ages. Family should be thrilling for kids, but enjoyable for adults, and well, I don’t need to comment on the thrill machine.

SchwurDesKarnanHansaPark3.jpg

Rules:
All coasters must stay inside designated boxes.
Supports can go outside designated areas
Family boomerang must keep the reverse lift already in place
Stations can be moved inside the respective boxes, but length must stay the same
Thrill MUST be a Gerstlauer ride type. Infinity or Eurofighter, either model

Scoring
Kiddie coaster will be graded on smoothness on 1-5 scale
Family and Thrill will be rated on creativity and smoothness, each 1-5
Thrill will be have an additional overall grade of 1-10
There will be up to 5 bonus points available, only attained by customer stations, scenery, and uniqueness

A total of 35 points will be available.

I will judge and breakdown each category. There may be a second judge, tbd later.

All entries will be due, completed, by Sunday March 26.

Entries will need to be sent to me via email bigt12788(at)yahoo.com. Once it is submit, please also send me a PM to inform me that it has been sent. I will be in the process of moving during this, so the extra notification will be greatly appreciated. Also, please PACKAGE your coaster for me, especially if you include custom scenery so I don't get any error messages/anyone else when they are sent out.

Good luck!

Download: https://www.mediafire.com/?t12g20c2gb0gz80

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I might give this a go. Depends how much time I get in the next few weeks!

Intricks

Strata Poster
Question - For the family boomerang, am I allowed to make the ride a spinner instead of the bobsled cars?

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yes. Just was the plug in. Spinner is fine as long as it is still a boomerang.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Terrain modifications allowed, presumably?

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I've finished both the kiddie and family coasters, and am currently working my way through supporting the thrill coaster - so I'll definitely be submitting something!

No promises it'll be any good though... ;)

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
All my supporting and colouring is done, just need to add a bit of foliage and I'll be set. Hopefully have something to you by tomorrow night Tom. I'll for sure be hitting the deadline.

Are there really only Jay and I entering? :p

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm gonna try and finish mine. But this is what I was afraid of to be honest. People acted like they were interested, and then nothing.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, it's a shame. Probably why we're not able to run competitions as well as we used to (looking back to the brilliant 2015 season of comps). Oh well...

jay37415

Mega Poster
I'm not even sure I can get something decent in. I am in the middle of my third consecutive 64 hour work week. If I do, it'll be total crap. 3 Coasters are a little too much for me right now.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That's a shame Jay.

Just submitted mine.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Jay, if you haven't done the boomerang and kiddie, don't worry about them, just get the big cred in.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm gonna apologize to both of you on this. Hixee, I got your entry, but that was it. I couldn't even finish one coaster, hell I couldn't even put in an hour on it. With the pending move to Texas, plus going back to work after being out for a few weeks, and then moving out of my apartment to my parents, I simply haven't had the time to work on it. I know you guys put a lot of time and effort into these so I'm sorry I couldn't get my **** together and finish.

That said, I'm done running the competitions. We aren't getting any turnout, and it's just too much of a pain in the ass to create these contests with nobody entering. We might pick it up with PC but seeing as I've played maybe 2 hours, won't be for months at least.

Feel free to run comps if you want, but don't expect much participation. Besides on NLX, seems the NL2 community is dead for comps.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A damn shame. Any chance of a review of mine, just for the sake of completeness? ;)

Thanks for trying Tom, you've done a good job over the last few years, but as people's commitment dwindles the harder it has become. I think the biggest shame is people saying they're keen and will enter, yet never submitting tracks!

Still, whilst it has fizzled out, I think you've done a sterling job in creating unique, challenging and interesting competitions over the last few years, and that should be highly commended. Hopefully I'll continue to play with NL2 when I can find the motivation. I've never made an NL2 track that wasn't for one of these competitions - so you've certainly motivated me enough there!

I've enjoyed it very much - so (from me at the very least), thanks big guy. :)

tomahawk

Strata Poster
I'm a horrible person, my bad Hixee

In regards to your coasters, I did ride them, and I found them all to be fantastic interpretations of what I was asking for. I loved the boomerang and kiddie cred especially, they were great.

Unfortunately, my computer has essentially **** the bed, and I don't have NL2 on the new laptop, nor can it run it anyways, so I can't even pull the file up for a refresh. Hopefully once the move is done, I can build a pc that can play this and Planet Coaster, but time will tell.