What's new

Toverland | "d'Wervelwind" | Mack Spinner

oriolat2

Giga Poster
Re: Toverland | "Unknown" | Mack Spinner

Nemesis Inferno said:
Mack Spinners are a bit meh... Euro Mir and that one at Knotts aren't particularly the most exciting rides known to enthusiasts, especially when compared to the Maurer versions... Especially Knotts version... That WAS boring...

However, it will fit into the park most likely... Will be great for families and will be seen as something below Booster Bike and Troy for intensity...

Of course, you have ridden the mediocre Mack Spinners. I rode Le Twist last summer and it gave some crazy rides! Seriously, I have been on Euromir and Le Twist and you could really tell that Mack have improved their track and vehicle design.

In fact, of all the spinners I have been on, Le Twist would be in my #3, after Dragon's Fury and Winja's.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster

Martyn B said:
^ You can see that its going to be a clone of that. Looks ok in my opinion.

Wow, didn't even notice that. Good find!

I would have liked a custom layout more though.

Ethan

Strata Poster

Not gonna lie... that looked kinda fun -_- Actually, I looks really fun!

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

Why would anyone compare EuroMir to this? That's a power controlled spin, this is a free spinning coaster.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Should soon be going up!

40068589.jpg

87930532.jpg

12332082.jpg

37393236.jpg

15030539.jpg

72174031.jpg

http://pretparken.nicokwant.nl/

Brett7710

Mega Poster

Can't wait to see this coming along, I was just waiting for an excuse to get back to Toverland - even though I visited just last year.
It's strange to see then starting it now, I thought it had been left for later, but I guess since the park operates year round and it's not near to any of the existing rides theres nothing to stop them building it during the height of the season.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Bit of an update on the whole expansion:

018kt.jpg

014zik.jpg

017jus.jpg

http://themepark.nl/

And some info translated through Google:

The last week by the AA members to "Cutest outing of the Netherlands' proclaimed Toverland amusement park has big expansion plans. Today the board of the North Limburg park known to be the next two years € 20 million invested in territorial expansion and new attractions.

In April 2013 the park opens a new countryside the size of 4 hectares. The associated investment amounts to € 13 million. A year later will be expanded countryside with another 4 acres and an investment of € 7 million.
The idea behind the expansion is that the park will develop an indoor amusement park to an all-weather theme park for the whole family. Currently more than 500,000 visitors annually visit the park Limburg. This will gradually increase over the coming years.

The new theme area that opened in April 2013, will be named: The Magic Valley. In this area, eight new attractions and matching new catering and merchandise. The area gets a natural look. There are waterfalls, bridges and the buildings will have a natural character. "It must be nice for visitors to the area to walk and relax," says Pieter Cornelis, Director of Strategy & Development. "We want to stay in the park increase. In addition, we add new attractions to a wide audience a full day entertainment to offer. "

New attractions
The first new attraction in the valley is a spinning coaster from the German manufacturer Mack. This is a roller coaster where the cars run during the ride, which makes the experience more and different. This roller coaster is expected already in the month of October 2012 run.
At the official opening of the Magic Valley in April 2013 also opens up an adventure river rapid. Visitors can round in boats to carry on a fast flowing river that meanders through the valley.
Moreover, their expansion in a family area with a carousel and a water tower where visitors themselves can lift up in a bowl and then checked back to sink. Also, a climbing castle, a water balloon battle, airtrampolines and a survival course over the water.
More information about the new attractions and specifications can be found in the appendix.

Environmental permit
The municipality Horst aan de Maas has this week granted the necessary environmental permits for the construction of the valley and its attractions planned. With the construction of the roller coaster will immediately be commenced; the supports (support columns) from the runway in the past weeks provided by the manufacturer. Even with the construction of the Rapid River will immediately commence.

Archaeological follow-up study
The construction of the family angle will still take in coming. In this corner of the site is further archaeological investigation is recommended. According to a report of Grondmij Archaeology, on this basis, supposedly dune, a "medium to high archaeological expectation respectively. According to the IVO (field inventory) would be here traces of human activities in the form of (hunting) camps can be found from the Paleolithic to the early Neolithic. Conventional weapons from that period are flint arrows, legs fishhooks and braided fishing nets. Toverland ensures that the examination of possible traces will be carefully implemented. The first drillings have yielded nothing. Further research will show whether the family angle even in April 2013 can be opened.

Specifications Magic Valley attractions

Spinning coaster

The Mack spinning coaster is a roller coaster where the cars during the ride to their axis. Each trip is different and therefore we do not know in advance whether the track forward or backward test. Each train, which consists of four trolleys move separately from each other.

From this type of coaster are only three worldwide to find. The others are at Knott's Berry Farm (USA), Europa Park (southern Germany) and Le Pal (France). This is the first Mack Spinning in the Benelux. The pictures below are of the Twist in Le Pal.

Manufacturer: Mack Rides GmbH
Total cost: 4 million
Height: 21 meters
Length: 462 meters
Speed: 75 km / hour
Trains: 2 trains with 4 carts
Number of passengers per train: 16
Capacity: 925 people per hour
Ritduur: 92 seconds

Rapid River

A rapid river is an attraction where visitors around in a boat carried along on a fast flowing river. The Rapid River meanders through the Land of Magic Magic Valley. The boats go by rapids and waterfalls. At the end of the return trip the boat via a conveyor belt back up into the station.

Manufacturer: Hafema
Height: 5.5 meters
Length of track: 460 meters
Speed: 16.2 km / hr
Boats: 10 boats for 9 people
Capacity: 918 people per hour
Ritduur: 240 seconds

Carousel Water

At a water carousel rotate the occupants like a normal carousel circles around a central point. The big difference is that you sit in a boat that is propelled through the water.

Manufacturer: unknown
Diameter: 12 meters
Gondolas: 8 nacelles for 2 people
Capacity: 450 people per hour
Ritduur: 90 seconds

Interactive fall tower

An interactive fall tower lift the occupants themselves with a rope up. Then the controlled gondolas back down.

Manufacturer: unknown
Height: 10 meters
Gondolas: 4 gondolas with 2 seats
Capacity: 320 people per hour
Source: Toverland

wa5y74.jpg

oriolat2

Giga Poster

If the clone at Le Pal (Le Twist) is anything to go by, Toverland will get a nice spinning coaster. Although a tad short, the coaster has many quick transitions and it is quite intense and spinny!

The rapids also sound like a nice addition to an already complete park.

Next step should be a looper!

Ethan

Strata Poster

TheCoasterCruiser said:
oriolat2 said:
Next step should be a looper!

Couldn't agree more!

Even though Toverland's target market is children and families... and a lot of younger children won't want to go on a looper, so that's a chuck of their target audience gone....

peep

CF Legend

The original idea of Toverland was that each new box was going to be for a different age market, first hall was for the very little ones, the second hall was for the slightly older kiddies (10yo) and then there was going to be a third hall for slightly older kids (say 14/15) with more exciting rides. Instead they branched outside and created Troy and now this spinner and rapids. So I think that plan has been scrapped but I wouldn't be surprised if we do see some more intense rides appear in their new long term plan.

It is a family park after all and a family contains peeps of all ages, they need to be able to entertain everyone that goes to the park. I think the park is definitely going in the right direction even if I still don't agree with the whole Mack spinning coaster plan.

Nic

Strata Poster

^What Peep said. A Mack Spinner wouldn't have been my first choice, but it still represents a sensible investment for the park. They would benefit from another couple of attractions that fit the same adventurous youngster/young teen(/goony enthusiast) market that Troy (TROY!) and, to a lesser extent, the Booster Bike have got nailed. There's tons of stuff for the little ones to do elsewhere in the park, and enough to amuse the older members of the family (especially when you account for non-ride attractions such as the high ropes course etc)

All in all, as others have said, this is shaping up to be the perfect family park. Especially if the Hyper rumours turn out to be true. They have an excellently varied line-up of attractions, a good level of theming, a compact layout, a quirky atmosphere, and a feeling that the owners/management really care about the place. Other parks could learn a lesson or two from them, I feel.

peep

CF Legend

266087_422335554475967_767788923_o.jpg

Again, from their Facebook page.

I like how quickly construction seems to be moving on this now. They also posted a pic the other day of the rapids being built, not sure if that is due to open in October like this though.

Pierre

Strata Poster

Didn't even know about this until Ians proposed trip. Looks like we might just miss ouit on this which is a bit gutting. Will be keeping an eye on it and praying for an earlier opening :)

Nic

Strata Poster

A couple of new pics on Toverland's Facebook:

255204_424618464247676_1278788542_n.jpg

555642_424618574247665_658387210_n.jpg

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

Mack have said that It should be opened in 2 months.
It seems to be going up really fast now, looks like a great little coaster for the park.