What's new

Toverland | "d'Wervelwind" | Mack Spinner

STC

Mega Poster
Re: "Unknown" - Mack Spinner, Toverland

Josh73 said:
How good are Mack Spinners, anyway?
Mad, insane, intense, rough, bizarre, brilliant... based on EuroMir. Also Space Fantasy at Universal looks like one of the greatest indoor coasters ever built. So I'd say, pretty damn great!

Ben

CF Legend

The one at Europa's alright, the one at Knott's pretty crap!

So, uh, yeah.

marc

CF Legend
"Unknown" - Mack Spinner, Toverland

Both are rubbish they would have been better getting something else.

The one at Knotts did not even spin.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Looking at the park, could fit it quite well, but I do remember Knott's being quite boring...

Euro-Mir is Euro-Mir though, though the ride section is just weird...

Chalk me up as a great big meh...

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

STC said:
Josh73 said:
How good are Mack Spinners, anyway?
Mad, insane, intense, rough, bizarre, brilliant... based on EuroMir. Also Space Fantasy at Universal looks like one of the greatest indoor coasters ever built. So I'd say, pretty damn great!

Yup. That one was a huge surprise at how fun it is.

Fun. Not OMG airtime/G-forces/intense.

STC

Mega Poster

Ahh I forgot I'd been on the one at Knotts too. Which is absolutely DIRE. Completely useless, somehow also made me feel sick even though it barely spun.

But I think EuroMir is really underrated on here. It's amazingly unique and experimental. The lifthill is just awesomely fun, as is the top bit. And the coaster section is simply really great. And REALLY intense if you're facing backwards.

Ben

CF Legend

I don't understand what's so great about Euro Mir?

It's cool because it's messed up, not because it's actually good...

The coaster section is really slow, pretty rough, very repetitive and it doesn't spin much at all...?

Anyway, they're more like Knott's now, and that other one at Le Pal, which is to say, pretty crap.

I dunno what's so great about USJ's one, but, I doubt it's altogether too much that will correlate with this one.

STC

Mega Poster

Ben said:
The coaster section is really slow, pretty rough, very repetitive and it doesn't spin much at all...?
That's because it's not really a spinning coaster, the spinning is locked throughout the entire coaster section.

There is controlled spinning during the lifthill and the 'top section'. Then the cars lock and you either go down the first drop forwards or backwards. Then, on the first MCBR, all the cars control spin 180° and lock. There is no free spinning at any point or any spinning during the coaster section.

Ben

CF Legend

Yes, thank you, I did notice that when I was on it.

Hence, it'll be more like Knott's. Like I said. Which still barely spins anyway.

marc

CF Legend

Maybe they have improved them? If not they may as well just build a Vekoma roller skater but they have one of them.

Ben

CF Legend

The one they built last year at Le Pal looks just as uninteresting as Knott's, so, I'm not so sure...

peep

CF Legend

I quite liked the look of the one at Le Pal, small and quirky. I think Euro Mir was turd though, very boring.

I'm quite disappointed that Toverland is getting one tbh. I was hoping for them to get something amazing but apparently that's not happening. :(

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator

So much for the rumoured Batman clone from waaaay back.

Now well. This will be a neat addition anyway. Might be a hit with families.

nadroJ

CF Legend

^Exactly. As diappointed as I am that we're not getting another Troy-like addition, what we have to remember is that as the end of the day, Toverland is a kids park. It seemed like they were making steps to broaden their audience with Troy, but now I can't help but see that as something to keep the thrillseekers in the family content?

I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like we won't be seeing another high-thrill attraction at Toverland for a while now.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter

The one at Knotts when I rode it was awesome. Got so so much spin, so much more than I ever have on Spinball. We were loaded nicely with myself and a uni mate on one side and a 15 year old kid on the other.

It seems most people on here had the opposite experience but i guess as with every spinner I have ever ridden your ride depends so heavily on loading that ride experiences will always vary.

Nic

Strata Poster

Erm, so, this had somehow completely passed me by until about 30 seconds ago. WTF? This is a silly idea.

peep

CF Legend

^Isn't it just.

Apparently some signs have been put up at the park suggesting it will open for winter this year so like November/December time.