What's new

Top Coaster Moments

Astro61201

Roller Poster
To me, my favourite moment has to be the helix on nemesis, it has to be the first time that I've felt a strong 'pull' on a coaster, that and it looks amazing when you walk in to forbidden valley. I also enjoyed the pre-drop on nemmy inferno and the dive under the wing on the swarm. I also have to say, the turn and high bit (technical term) after the second launch on Taron, you zoom through the rock work, and out to give a view of the whole area, before diving through the town again, all this whilst being chucked about, simply amazing

Dave

CF Legend
Furius Baco's launch, especially front row, where you can't see where it goes. Then after that it's poo, but the launch is fantastic.

Colorado Adventure at Phantasialand, that dark section, I know @Chris Brown enjoyed that section! Was not even expecting it to be that thrilling!

Alaeriia

Roller Poster
The little lateral jolt in Boulder Dash's return run. The first half is all insane speed, laterals, and some airtime. You crest the turnaround, power down the mountainside into lateral city, then hit the bunny hops. One big jolt of borderline ejector! Two big jolts of borderline ejector! Three big--HEY PUT YOUR HANDS DOWN WE'RE NOT DONE HERE as everyone on the right side of the train is reminded how a PTC sidewall to the gut feels. Then it's fun all the way home.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Im gonna do the opposite and think of average rides that have a really good bit.

The Big One. - First drop. Its really really good.

Raptor (Gardaland) First drop. I actually prefer the regular first drops on Wing riders because of the floaty airtime.

Flying Dutchman (Efteling) Dark ride section. The cred is mainly uninspiring but the dark ride section is incredible.

Baron (Efteling) Zero G roll. Looks great and rides really well too.

Libby_Liz

Roller Poster
I love Blue Fire's twisted horseshoe roll (had to Google it then and now) and riding it front row at night. We rode it in January and it was beyond freezing but such a great feeling, a proper 'I'm alive' moment.

JJLehto

Hyper Poster
The drop of Millennium Force. 80 degrees is I guess the sweet spot. It's steep enough to lift your stomach to your head, but you still feel like you're falling, unlike I305 or Skyrush which feel more like "You're here, you're there" with no in between. That view too...Not sure anything can top its combo of height, steepness, speed, falling sensation and environment. Bliss.

The launch of TTD/KK. One of the very rare times I actually have butterflies....I am a shaking mess waiting there for the launch. As for the launch itself, words aren't needed.

B&M Pretzel Loop. Going around the bottom, nuff said
Skyrush air time, especially the first time...Id say never have I been that taken aback from a ride

Last edited:

jayjay

Giga Poster
A new one for me: the "speed flick" under the launch track of iSpeed. I love rides that throw you around and I love rides that feel fast. This moment does both and even after a fourth reride was still hugely thrilling.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
A new one for me: the "speed flick" under the launch track of iSpeed. I love rides that throw you around and I love rides that feel fast. This moment does both and even after a fourth reride was still hugely thrilling.
I've always liked the look of this element (I like the look of the coaster in general too), and is something I've tried to recreate a few times in NL with little success. You're right though, it's the feeling of speed that is really addictive with elements like that. It's a bit that bit of Karnan that's away from the big knot - you really do get a proper sense of how quickly you're moving!

jayjay

Giga Poster
It's a bit that bit of Karnan that's away from the big knot
That's one bit of Kärnan that sold me on being #1. After the knot, the train does a fake-out "little drop," then proceeds to plummet towards the ground.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
A lot of people have mentioned the Helix and Zero G on Nemesis, I'd also like to add the stall turn into the loop. I love how the stall turn slows the ride right down and your feet get so close to kicking the rocks beneath, but then it turns and dives down into the trench, and feels as if it picks up a huge amount of momentum. The entire layout to the loop is genius.

ukthemeparkfan

Roller Poster
For me it has to be the first drop on swarm or the stall turn into vertical loop on Nemesis both made have catch my breath. also a wildcard pick the backwards section on th13een fantastic