What's new

ThunderCoaster 2.0 - Tusenfryd

ThomVD

Giga Poster
With a little bit of help of google translate... people seem to be asking about "will it be a new coaster/version", and the park is sort of confirming it? You can probably translate it better, could you see what the comments on facebook are saying?

Could this be an RMC makeover? The park is pretty small, right? And I haven't heard many complaints about thundercoaster.

Could also just be a re-track and new trains, which seems a lot more likely. I'm intrigued because I was just considering making a stop at Oslo when I visit Finland this summer.

Then again, announcing it as "ThunderCoaster 2.0" does make it seem like a big deal... We'll see I guess.

peep

CF Legend
Hmm, interesting. It rode ok last year, maybe a few bumps here and there. Saying it's going to be the second version does make you think they're going to extend/change the layout. Very interesting.

JoshJ753

Roller Poster
ThomVD said:
With a little bit of help of google translate... people seem to be asking about "will it be a new coaster/version", and the park is sort of confirming it? You can probably translate it better, could you see what the comments on facebook are saying?
All the comments are about what it might be. Many people (including myself) suggested a RMC, whiile other people are suggesting new GCI trains and re-tracking. I doubt it will be the latter.

S

SimonSays99

Visited last summer and found this my by far best Vekoma woodie. After riding Robin Hood at Walibi Holland I was positively surprised as it was a quite enjoyable ride.

One could see that they replaced some woodwork and track in the 2013/2014 off-season.

Before they work on this coaster they should better replace the old Vekoma LoopScrew Loopen.

STC

Mega Poster
I'm very concerned. I honestly think this is an excellent woodie (dare I say it, better than nearby Balder) and I don't want them to mess around with it. Hopefully a GCI rework with new trains, rather than the RMC treatment. If they want to build an RMC, do it in addition to the superb Thundercoaster.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
There's almost no way it could be RMC surely. Haven't they said that Wildfire is their first in Europe and thats 2016

Nothing to say they havent added this at a later date but i swear they said they were booked up for the year already.

Although Vekoma is RMC's dealer in Europe so who knows.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
^ Check out this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=38612

Apparently another European park, aside from Kolmården, has made a deal.

Replacing the vekoma trains with Millenium flyers would be a bit odd too, since they look very similar. MFs might be more comfy, but I doubt the GP is going to notice much of a difference.

STC

Mega Poster
If they were giving it the full RMC treatment then surely we'd know about it by now, if it's to open for 2015. You can see the coaster easily from the main motorway to Oslo.

Martyn B

CF Legend
The whole "2.0" tells me it's not something serious. Maybe new trains, or redesigned station or adding some theming etc.

Or maybe they're turning the trains around?

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
This hasn't been said yet- what about a Gravity Group makeover like Hades 360? It'll have enough change for the GP to notice without much changing of the ride. Not to mention adding their fab trains. <3

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
STC said:
...dare I say it, better than nearby Balder...
QFT!

I love this woodie, so I hope the only thing they do is finish re-tracking the entire thing and possibly adding new trains. Definitely not an RMC Iron Horse conversion though.
I'm not the only one here who likes it as is, just listen to Andrus at the end of this video. :wink:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouuCucITPvY[/youtube]

_koppen

Hyper Poster
This have been said:

It's not gonna go backwards, but the change is amazing, can't tell more.

I'm thinking that it will be a hades 360 conversion, in other words new trains and an inversion.

The new trains have been needed for long, the Vekoma trains are not designed very well (tough they are quite comfy with all the padding), and tears the track apart.

S

SimonSays99

Even if Hades360 got not very good reviews from enthusiasts the park could boast with having the first inverting woodie in Europe and the GP would storm the park.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
IF they are in fact having Great Coasters add an inversion, here's where I would prefer to have it. This way they could have it start like the first half a corkscrew and end like the second half of a zero-g-roll.

10947585_10152703020708107_1386227474_n.jpg

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Hm. Wouldn't you know. You go away for one week, and some interesting news spring up on CF.

Anyway, there seems to be little of value in the comments that you haven't dug out already. People are wondering what it is, and the park responds "you'll see". But given that it probably has to be ready for season opening day on April 25, I doubt it will be much more dramatic than a small retrack or new trains or something.

In other news, it seems like the park will have extended opening hours during peak season this year. They'll keep the doors open 'till 9 PM between July 11 and August 2.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Timberliners for Thunder Coaster, Tysenfryd

So, according to Screamscape, Tysenfryd have announced 'Thunder Coaster 2.0' as coming for 2015.
They think this means fitting of Timberliners instead of the old Vekoma trains.

This sounds fantastic news. Having now made my way round all the Vekoma woodies, I can safely say that they all suffer from rattling and a poor ride. If this is true, it could solve a lot of problems.

Edit - Moved post to existing topic. ECG

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I don't think that's the case with Thunder Coaster at all. It doesn't "suffer from rattling and a poor ride". Timberliners also don't necessarily make for a good ride (i.e. Hades 360 or The Voyage).