What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, I don't see what's wrong with it.

It's quite atmospheric, I like it. Sounds all apocalyptic, with hints of things like Terminator and something else I can't remember the name of thrown in.

I really like the strings section with the air raid siren going off at the same time at around 3:30, that's fab <3

Mike T

Mega Poster
the king said:
Apparantely, this might be the theme for THE SWARM. I hope it isn't.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKpZ_ZgSPIg&feature=player_embedded#![/youtube]

I love the panic alarm being used in that music. Don't know if it's official - but I didn't mind it. In fact, one of the things I love about Merlin is that they incorporate a theme song into most of their rides. It really adds that extra level of depth that most American attractions lack.

Nick

Mega Poster
Yeah I think it's rather poor. I'm finding it hard to believe this is the real deal, sounds more like a fan made thing to be honest.

I could do better :p

Ollie

CF Legend
There's been quite a few fan made bits of music so I'm pretty certain this isn't the real soundtrack the park will be using.

Lofty

CF Legend
I'm with Ollie. I doubt this is the actual music going to be used, it'll more then likely be a super fan of Thorpe.

I mean, look at the channel:

One Video, One Soundtrack. That's it. It's a "Media Company", yet they've got only One Soundtrack? Sure. Plus, all their favourites are of Swarm Recreations etc. Yeah, safe to say it's a noob.

Mark

Strata Poster
^Or part of a clever marketing strategy to find the most popular choices of music out of a selection they have... :p

Mark

Strata Poster
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Sorry, I probably shouldn't have used the word marketing. What I meant was (and I'm barely serious at that) perhaps they are just putting out various music tracks under different 'act' names to gauge public reception of them. I should of been a bit clearer in my partial sarcasm.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I completely doubt that this will be the official ride music! If it was then surely it would be all over TP's facebook page...

Just part of the buzz for the new coaster! :--D

Ollie

CF Legend
Some new images on the developers diary.

Fire engine:
427984_174997042603705_115673268536083_178797_1525698393_n.jpg

Helicopter:
408129_174997335937009_115673268536083_178804_1561430454_n.jpg

Watersplash pipes:
403279_174997159270360_115673268536083_178798_794182037_n.jpg

Helicopter in place:
426536_174997229270353_115673268536083_178800_276157989_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Yeah, that's what crashed helicopters look like... :roll:

Ollie

CF Legend
Stop being so picky. :p
Yes it's not super realistic but they've kept 100% to the plans and included everything so you all knew what it would be like from the start. I still think it looks awesome and the general public will think the same.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'll reserve judgement until I'm there in person. The plans did look very good, but this does look just like they're plonking things here and there.

If the smaller details are taken care of, then this could be amazing..

Drawin

Roller Poster
But what if the swarm put it there? :p

EDIT: Ninja'd. Should have read the comments.
Anyway, people should be happy that there is a helicopter in the first place, we could of ended up without one, even if doesn't *really* look broken, yet.

Bloblivion

Roller Poster
Over time though they'll begin to settle with the theme more won't they... I mean anyway it may look completely different in real life.. It could just be that the camera or the lighting was making it all look pristine :)

Martyn B

CF Legend
Over time though they'll begin to settle with the theme more won't they

The vehicles may do yes, but they've gone for a post apocalyptic theme, with brand new weaved brick work for the ground.... just a missed opportunity imo.

Ben

CF Legend
The helicopter is the only one I feel looks like it has been plonked.

But that REALLY looks like it has been plonked. It should be on its side at least.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
To be honest I was expecting them to drop the helicopter as it was getting quite late in the day, so I'm thrilled that it's happened at all...but yeah, it totally needs to be roughed up a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.