What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Ohhh, boo </3 I knew they'd ruin the finishing touches with groundwork. This ride would have looked so much better if they'd made the paths out of broken roads etc. Stuff that you'd actually see in the area, rather than just coating the place in bog standard bricks like they did with saw.

Martyn B

CF Legend
^ I was about to say the same thing. With the exception of a few bits of theming, looks like it could end up with just the generic Merlin theme, bland.

I hope I'm wrong, and I'll eat my words if I am.

Nemesis of oblivion

Strata Poster
:x Those bl**dy floor bricks are back!
Come on Merlin, it was going so well. I guess now is the time to say "Bring the shipping container in!!!"
Just gonna stay posotive and wait until I see the final product.

Jools

Giga Poster
I think the wire fencing is to make it look kind of industrial at a cheap price I guess, so it doesn't bother me that much, I think it kind of works. As for the bricks... I guess some town centres have brick floors so again doesn't bother me too much.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Am I the only person here who actually thinks that the wire fencing and brick pavement is fine and acceptable? I mean, sheesh guys, you're all far too picky. It's Merlin for goodness sake - were you seriously expecting masses amounts of money, detail and theme to standard landscaping and fencing?

It's doing its job and 999/1000 people who will pass the island won't give two **** about the fact it's not ideally themed to the ride itself.

Get a grip, guys :p

Jools

Giga Poster
Ben said:
Industrial =/= Post-Apocalypse.

Post-Apocalypse = The theme of this ride.

See the maths?

There will still be industry when the world ends.

And no, I think it makes perfect sense ^

Ethan

Strata Poster
I think the metal fences is there to outline the pavement border, and therefore simply acting as the final fence until it is build.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
Nah, its the final fence. If anyone doubts it, take a look at the plans.. The fence details were posted there along with the rest of it.

Ethan

Strata Poster
^ I looked through all of the plans the day they were released. I just don't want to believe that those things are gonna be there for ever.

Jools

Giga Poster
At the end of the day guys... It's just fence, the general public are hardly going to go "Oh my what awful fence, they use this too much, it doesn't fit in with the area!" are they, which is why I don't think Merlin are really that bothered. Wire would look better than wood in this area imo, but that's just my opinion, makes it look more urban, whilst wooden would make it look rural.

Ben

CF Legend
Yeah, it is better than the really bad wooden fences.

But still.

And I think you might be looking for GeneralPublicForce.com if you don't like enthusiasts having enthusiasts' opinions.

Jools

Giga Poster
I don't like your facetiousness (if that's a word), I was just saying that I don't think the GP are going to worry about the fences, therefore Merlin won't. It's a perfectly valid point.

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
I don't really see what all the fuss is about!

What if this fence has yet to recieve theming? Even a few "keep out" signs would look good.

However, although the GP know barely anything about coasters (well, 99.9%), they do have a sense of what looks good and what colours clash (etc). The fence is...ordinary...but give it a few years and with some cigarette burns, it'll look quite good! :--D

Status
Not open for further replies.