What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jools

Giga Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Those LEDs will make night-riding so awesome, both for riders and spectators. Hopefully Thorpe will look after them well so we don't end up with lightless trains.

I give them 2 years, and any other effect less than a year.

rich210uk

Mega Poster
^That long :)

Only thing im not keen on is the harness. Others have found it fine but we found Raptors harness too tight and uncomfortable. It pins you down too much, you start of ok at the start but as the trains coming into the station you cant wait to get out as they have got so tight!

That said, this looks amazing! Cant wait to ride it and to finally have a big themed ride to get our teeth into! I dont recall Raptor having any LED's on their trains and as said above will look brill at night. The wheels and the bumper needs to be colour coded though lol

Mark

Strata Poster
Enigma Shadow said:
Those LEDs will make night-riding so awesome, both for riders and spectators. Hopefully Thorpe will look after them well so we don't end up with lightless trains.

LEDs tend to last quite a long time, so providing they also remember to turn them on I don't think it will too big an issue. Remains to be seen, but I have hope.

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
I'm so glad it's got those LEDs. It's a nice touch on an already impressive train. It looks great. I'm so thrilled that this is coming to a park near me, I feel proud. Ha.

marc

CF Legend

Just a shame the not open that much when it's dark lol, maybe they can stay open later :)

Cannot wait for this coaster.

AJ

Giga Poster
I reckon the LED's will look amazing at dusk tbh, like, Fab at night, but dusk it'll look less like a car <3

Aaron

Hyper Poster

Will be great for photos too, shame Thorpe are pretty dead set against letting non professional types use tripods in park :-(

Kebab

Giga Poster
Wow, Thorpe have really pushed thereselves this time. It's like they've looked at Saw and questioned what was effective and what went wrong, and really thought this one out clearly, the attention to detail is lovely. Might not be as stunning as Raptors trains, but certainly looks gritty and evil! Can't wait to see how elegantly this flows through testing <3

Plus the yellow wheels actually remind me of Batman for some reason... I strangely like them :)

Nic

Strata Poster
Venom2053 said:
Oooh fancy :D But why the yellow wheels? They stand out too much on the black.
I could have this totally wrong, but... doesn't the colour of a wheel signify the material it's made of? It's an engineering thing rather than an aesthetic choice. Wheels of different materials will have different levels of friction, so therefore allow the trains to go different speeds. However, that also means that some are more durable than others. Therefore, white wheels will travel at a different speed to yellow ones. My hunch, therefore, is that it'll start off with all yellow wheels, then they will gradually be swapped out during testing until they find the combination that works best for this coaster. Like I say, I could be totally wrong, but that's how I understand it anyway. (Pretty sure I got that from a documentary - probably the Tatsu one. Seeing as that's also a B&M, I'd say it was logical to assume that it would be the same situation here)

tks said:
Grey and grey and grey and grey, grey and grey and grey..

God the trains are boring.. (from those angles)
I have to say that I agree. They do look amazing, but I feel that they could've done with a bit more colour on them.

the king

Mega Poster
I thought they are dark green. The very top of them being black, but it's sides being dark green, and light grey on the barrier things.
386502_162022823901127_115673268536083_158408_1514126382_n.jpg

Martyn B

CF Legend
Whilst I do think the trains look great, it is a little less impressive when you see that they're basically the same trains as Raptor, but with a couple of alterations.

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I always thoiught raptors trains were stunning. Those 'creature features' give them so much texture and they look designed to move! If that makes sense. I dont think the fact that theyre very much the same is a bad thing.

If anything im glad we didnt get x-flight style trains (if the concept art for them in correct). Theyre so bland.

Martyn B

CF Legend
I dont think the fact that theyre very much the same is a bad thing.

And I completely agree, I think they look great, BUT, its less impressive on Thorpe's part to see that they've basically used the same design.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
How beautiful is that going to look as it swoops around the track?

Top marks to the Merlin Studios from me so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.