What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this picture
SwarmTrainspicture1.jpg

I also love the detail on these trains!

Are you even going to be able to see the LEDs when on the ride? (If that's all of them..) The huge panel next to the inside seat pretty much blocks any view.

tks said:
Are you even going to be able to see the LEDs when on the ride? (If that's all of them..) The huge panel next to the inside seat pretty much blocks any view.

Well, I guess you'll see the light generated from them but perhaps not the actual LED's whilst on the ride. Mind you, it'll be stunning off-ride, a red blur...will make good slow shutter speed pictures. Like this:

nemesis15.jpg

Just picturing these trains swooping around the apocalyptic devestation is one of the best thoughts I can think of (forever alone). They really go well with the theme of the ride.

Off topic, can't believe SAW - The Ride is nearly three years old already! :O

Can I just ask anyone who's ridden Raptor?

I saw complaints about the seatbelt being really tight. Judging from the pics, are they the same length as Raptor's?

^I've got the credit.

I really didn't notice the seat belts at all, infact I found the restraints pretty comfortable. Quite difficult to move in though!

But for more "bulky" people I suppose they wouldn't be very nice...

Roughly the same as flyer restraints:

Air431x300.jpg

Flyer restraints feel completely different, because your entire weight is laying into them.

I found Raptos restraints really tight and uncomfortable on my collarbone. They seemed to work like certain car seatbelts, once they tighten, they won't move forward again, like a never ending suction. </3

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

^ same problem I had, but I think they will give after a few months of use. Things are rather tight at 1st but after a lot of people ride it they tend to get a bit slacker.

Re: Thorpe Park |

marc said:
^ same problem I had, but I think they will give after a few months of use. Things are rather tight at 1st but after a lot of people ride it they tend to get a bit slacker.

Well now, not much innuendo in that statement is there... :p

Oh, and I loved Raptors restraints...

I don't understand why these can't just have normal B&M restraints?

I haven't been on Raptor, but, Flyer restraints are a bit urgh. You put up with them cause of what it is, but, what's the point on a ride that would be fine with just a normal restraint <//3

Raptor's restraints are SIMILAR to Flying ones, but a lot more free... Seriously comfy and gorgeous...

Aside from the random tightness thing it did, but that was only noticeable on the brake run anyways... Just why it did it I have no idea, maybe akin to G-Force's bar lowering an extra click (or 50) on the lift hill? :p

Lol, the I guess I'm a fatty ;]

I found the restraints really claustrophobic, to the point where I was almost panicking. It was only really noticeable when the train wasn't moving (station and break run) but still, I don't really like feeling THAT constrained, it made me enjoy the thing a bit less.

tks said:

Better to not see the LEDs from the ride than daily limb losses from people sticking arms and legs out the wrong way.
<shrugs

Status
Not open for further replies.