What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thekingin64

Strata Poster
Just got back from church and all I was thinking during the service was how great this station's gonna be. Kept looking at the roof and hoping for the train to come twisting through the roof.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
Ethan said:
^ Never spell The Swarm all in capitals ever again -_- I hate Thorpe's advertising.

Officially, it's THE SWARM and THORPE PARK. I have OCD, and I'm obsessed with spelling everything by its official name.

Ethan

Strata Poster
But it's not really, it's them trying to make it sound more exciting. The logo is in caps though... still I HATE IT :D ^^ (Irony)

AJ

Giga Poster
^ Both facebook groups [developers and Les Cougan] and all advertising show "THE SWARM". Now pipe down.

Ben

CF Legend
^Um, those are ALL still the park...

Anyone that thinks THE SWARM is in anyway correct, or anything other than the park trying to make it sound exciting, is stupid.

You don't see people saying air instead of Air but that's how the park spells it <//3

THE SWARM is stupid, and gramatically wrong. Let the poor guy spell it right freely <//3

Drawin

Roller Poster
Oh, I wonder what new updates will greet me on this fine boxing da--OH LORD. THEY'VE RESULTED TO MAKING TERRIBLE JOKES AND ARGUING OVER HOW TO TYPE THE RIDES NAME!

abandon_thread_by_wernette-d34hyzz.gif

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Lol welcome to the CF construction topic winter period... They always get like this when it gets slow news wise.

dominoes

Mega Poster
Oh come on, are we really arguing about the typeface of the ride name? I don't remember this fuss over Th13teen, COLOSSUS, STEALTH, NEMESIS INFERNO, or any of the other rides. Don't forget that most of the logos for Merlin parks are in capitals...

Mark

Strata Poster
dominoes said:
Oh come on, are we really arguing about the typeface of the ride name?

No. We really aren't.

I was a little surprised that the Development Diary didn't see a little more action over the Christmas period. I know construction will have probably completely wound up throughout the festivities but I thought they might have done more to give those salavating fans who are desperate for breadcrumbs of news. Likewise, I would imagine they might reveal something on New Years Day perhaps, tieing in the whole 2012 thing...

dominoes

Mega Poster
^Ah good.
It was a bit dissapointing, but it is christmas, so I don't believe they should be made to work. It is a holiday...

AJ

Giga Poster
dominoes said:
but it is christmas, so I don't believe they should be made to work.

Pretty sure I worked every day around Christmas....

..... and how do you think the Arabs feel when they have to work through Eid <//3.

Religious breaks are about as relevant as sex education is in Croydon schools.

dominoes

Mega Poster
AJ said:
dominoes said:
..... and how do you think the Arabs feel when they have to work through Eid <//3.
Religious breaks are about as relevant as sex education is in Croydon schools.

That made me laugh. But yes, I do see your point so I retract my statement.

tks

Strata Poster
AJ said:
dominoes said:

.... and how do you think the Arabs feel when they have to work through Eid <//3

Different strokes for different people. You work in a shop thats open pretty much everyday of the year of course they're going to expect you to work around xmas. Building site =/= the same thing.

And in countries where Islam is the predominant religion they do get the Eid period off as a holiday. Just like in the UK where the predominant religion is Christianity, we get Xmas & the easter holy days off.

<3

On a Swarm related side note... Still not overly impressed with it.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
I am loving the church! I wasn't too sure about how it would look considering it is so open, but it just gets looking better and better.

Kebab

Giga Poster
Wow! Very impressive! And a huge jump from Saw: The Ride, that inline looks fantastic how it interacts with the station, some real head/leg-chopper on here! High hopes for Swarm, it's about time this country got a decent coaster again! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.