What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJ

Giga Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^ Fair enough, I seemed to remember there being an entrance through the sunken gardens, thus why it was cut of during the latter half of the season? *shrug*

nadroJ

CF Legend

I thnik having one route on/off an island that is completely out of the way is a MASSIVE design flaw, it's just going to get congested and packed because there will be no through flow of people. Vile.

And AJ, I remember hearing something about a second entrance over that way too, it would make a lot of sense.

D1993

Hyper Poster

^ I thought I head ages ago there was going to be two entrances?
Because one wouldnt be good.
Although to be honest I dont know much about the park so I wouldnt know the difference lol.

Cant wait to see the end result when everything is 100 percent completed!

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Yeah there is some form of second entrance from the Gardens, which I think will be following the same thing with Saw's pathway; build it a year too late and have numerous crushes on the busier days of the year...

spicy

Giga Poster

The Swarm's island is planned to attach to another island with another coaster on it, this island will then be attached to the sunken gardens.

Rollercoaster%20locations.preview.jpg

TP Rich

Hyper Poster

^ I believe this is the island that the park plan on building on in 2015.

owentaylor121

Giga Poster

They should just get rid Neptunes Beach. That will make lots of space for a new coaster.

nadroJ

CF Legend

spicy said:
The Swarm's island is planned to attach to another island with another coaster on it, this island will then be attached to the sunken gardens.

Ah, yes. I forgot where the 2015 island was going.

I do hope this doesn't mean we have to live three years with a dead end island in the park though =/

rollermonkey

Strata Poster

spicy said:

Off topic, the alternate location for coaster 2 is sweet.

Would be sexy if they wrap the track under/over the entrance walkway.

Back on topic.

(Swarmy Swarm Swarm.)

AJ

Giga Poster

nadroJ said:
spicy said:

Ah, yes. I forgot where the 2015 island was going.

I do hope this doesn't mean we have to live three years with a dead end island in the park though =/

We had to deal with SAW island for a year <//3

I was going to bring up the whole 'you need 2 ways on and off the island' argument, but they have the maintenance roads <//3.

Just a bit confused as to why they blocked off the sunken garden towards the latter of last year for swarm advertising... (genuinely just hoping they build another exit, **** walking allll the way round the park to get to calypso quay <//3

corranator

Roller Poster
going off the islands i did some research and this, although it admittedly looks short, is longer than nemesis, which is one of the best roller coasters in the U.K. so i give hope for this to be one of the best coasters in years!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
corranator said:
going off the islands i did some research and this, although it admittedly looks short, is longer than nemesis, which is one of the best roller coasters in the U.K. so i give hope for this to be one of the best coasters in years!

So length is now an indication of weather a roller coaster is better than others?

Drawin

Roller Poster
No, the point is that it doesn't matter how long a roller coaster is. It will shine in it's own rights if it's good enough, just like Nemesis. No one knows if The Swarm will be good yet, but with the effort that has been put into it so far, it wouldn't be surprising if it was.

Aaron

Hyper Poster
Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Because until the next update there's nothing to discuss, so rather than not saying anything people tend to post poo. Thorpe topics seem to be the worst for it too.

tks

Strata Poster
Why haven't Thorpe removed the Rumba Rapids yet? They're crap and take up lots of space according to that map..

Jools

Giga Poster
tks said:
Why haven't Thorpe removed the Rumba Rapids yet? They're crap and take up lots of space according to that map..

I second that, they really are dull, and perfect space for a coaster, or even a few flat rides!

the king

Mega Poster
Most likely if they do that, alot of people will start complaining that the park isn't family friendly anymore and stuff like that. Anyway, for anybody who has ridden raptor, how free do you actually feel in those restraints?

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
the king said:
Anyway, for anybody who has ridden raptor, how free do you actually feel in those restraints?

Well the restraints are reasonably tight yet not too restrictive during the ride (very Air like in a way), but when you hit the brakes they suddenly became really tight for some reason...

Status
Not open for further replies.