What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

ry1996

Mega Poster
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

^ the Track should go up Pretty quick yeah, Ime not making any Prejudgments for the Track going vertical though, due to the fact for the last 2 weeks when something happens we all say.This weekend or tomorrow and not once has it happened yet.
But yeah shouls be very soon i reckon as soon as the station frame starts to go up

Dave

CF Legend

^ Probably one of the best things about it! Haha.

Eurgh the word 'exclusive' is used too much these days...I don't call an exclusive being a matinence shed being constructed. An exclusive is say the trains arriving, or driving on the motorway and seeing track being delivered...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

jordypordy11 is using an avatar made from one of my photos.

It's a good photo, don't blame you.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

Screaming Coasters said:
Furius Baco's loading system is a better system. Thats pretty much all I have to add.

What is Baco's system? Floor between the sides?

Putting 14 on each side (with a certain amount of choice, we were able to choose what side everytime) and no front row queue does work for Raptor, and assuming Swarm gets a bag drop the exit won't be too clustered up as bad as Raptor...

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^ yeah you just que'd up in 4's, then the first 2 would just would through the train to the other 2 seats, i dont know which is best, because i ent been on raptor :(

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Baco's train is like any regular sit down, and sits above the track. So you board it like you would any normal sit down, crossing through the centre piece. I believe the flooring under the seats is like invert flooring that moves away? Not sure though, don't remember. The point is it's not complicated. It had to be complicated with this as the seats hang below.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster

^I wouldn't say Raptor is complicated loading by any stretch... Indeed, it's very much like X2 in a way, other the restraints are typical B&M simpleness...

A bridge didn't complicate things for the Italians, though it might do at Thorpe... They will need a very good batcher at the split point since we probably won't have the rather epic countdown turnstiles...

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

I never said it was complicated, just that Baco's isn't in the slightest because it's just a normal train.

It makes no sense for Erol to prefer the Baco method, because it's irrelevent to the B&Ms as it couldn't work on them. I can only assume Erol didn't realise that unlike Baco, with the B&M ones you aren't on top of the track but beside it. The centre-piece on Baco is a platform you can walk on like any sit down. With the B&M, you cannot cross the platform because the track is literally in the way.

co5ik6md0019850111de8n.jpg

2gqiha0222qogl1p4bm002.jpg

Ben

CF Legend

Those countdown turnstiles are STUPID, seeing how much people LOVE to spin them three times when they go through or jump over them...

There's a reason they're like **** in a field in Italy and just barely exist anywhere else - the Italians are retarded.

Trico

Roller Poster

Ben said:
There's a reason they're like **** in a field in Italy and just barely exist anywhere else - the Italians are retarded.
Oh, thank you.

Screaming Coasters

Strata Poster

Joey said:
I can only assume Erol didn't realise that unlike Baco, with the B&M ones you aren't on top of the track but beside it. The centre-piece on Baco is a platform you can walk on like any sit down. With the B&M, you cannot cross the platform because the track is literally in the way.

Ummm, I did realise, thats kinda why I mentioned it.......

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend

Screaming Coasters said:
Joey said:
I can only assume Erol didn't realise that unlike Baco, with the B&M ones you aren't on top of the track but beside it. The centre-piece on Baco is a platform you can walk on like any sit down. With the B&M, you cannot cross the platform because the track is literally in the way.

Ummm, I did realise, thats kinda why I mentioned it.......
Fair enough, but it doesn't make any sense seen as it couldn't happen Baco's way.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I know this is slightly off topic. In case you didn't know, Thorpe just announced the name of the 2011 Fright Night Maze, Experiment 10.

Unleashed for 2011, journey through a chilling and disturbing government test lab where the latest project, Experiment 10, has taken a sinister twist.

Beware of the mutated test victims as you experience your deepest, darkest phobias. You’ll be gassed, confined and left screaming for a way out of Experiment 10’s deadly grasp.
Check back soon for even more details and freaky photos.

Looks... Ok I guess. Wonder where it will be. I'm guessing Se7en will be moved and it will be in the arena, or it will be behind Stealth where the Swarm marketing is currently.

EDIT: Here's the link for the picture, http://www.thorpepark.com/frightnights/

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster

You’ll be gassed, confined and left screaming for a way out of Experiment 10’s deadly grasp.
Anyone else thinking Holocaust: The Ride?
...bit much if ask me

Nic

Strata Poster

Sounds like you lot being trapped in Richard's car with my farts at the weekend :)

In all seriousness, I hope this is themed to the new ride. I hate horror mazes, but I think it'd make a good theme for one and would be a good fit if done well. I personally believe that this is potentially a very good decision for the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.