What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Does anyone have a pic of Raptors station with the bridge and stuff?
Why can't they just make it like Baco where you just step over the train to get to the seats on the other side?

^Probably because Baco's trains are above the level of the track, like, at the level of a normal car, but on the side, whilst the B&Ms are lowered on the sides, at about the same level of the track.

This means Baco you can walk over the track in the station, whereas on Raptor the seats are too low for that, so you just need a bridge over. Yeah, it just wouldn't work with where the seats are in relation to the track.

I don't really see the problem with a bridge though?

I've not been on it but I *assume* this was taken from the bridge?

http://rcdb.com/9309.htm?p=34115

This shows the view from the bridge - best I could find (courtesy of TT)

url

Ollie said:
Does anyone have a pic of Raptors station with the bridge and stuff?
Why can't they just make it like Baco where you just step over the train to get to the seats on the other side?

Isn't it due to the fact that Baco sits on top of the track, whereas, with B&M wingriders, the trains are actually on the sides?

Edit: Ben beat me to it.

Surely they would load it like Air? Whereby someone alters the flow into the station?

Two hosts on either sides of the loading bay and one host altering the flow of the queue and has two monitors to see the queue on either side. That's how I would see it become efficient.

^ Thats what I thought. If it was to be like Air, then we should be able to see that in the plans?

Ben said:
^Probably because Baco's trains are above the level of the track, like, at the level of a normal car, but on the side, whilst the B&Ms are lowered on the sides, at about the same level of the track.
Oh yeah I forgot about that. :p

I don't mind a bridge. The station for Swarm is up in the air so there may just be two separate sets of stairs going up to station level rather than a bridge going over the top.

Doesn't that look like 2 separate loading stations ? Also that pic Ben posted shows why you cannot just step over the track.

Just to make it clear, raptor has two electronic device's over the end of the queline that count down peeps (like most others at GL). You can chose which side you go on, but that might change for fastpassers.

End of discussion on this!

ry1996 said:
Doesn't that look like 2 separate loading stations ? Also that pic Ben posted shows why you cannot just step over the track.
Ok seriously, if you have watched any videos of Raptor, you would know that the track sits on the ground, meaning that it's many feet tall. Nobody could safely climb over that. Wing Walker track is huge! It would be a huge struggle and a health and safety issue.

^The Intamin track is huge, but, you climb over that.

IF the train was in the right position for it, there's no reason they couldn't have done what Intamin did.

We've posted why, and it has nothing to do with the track, and loads more to do with the trains' position in relation to it!

^^ Baco's track is in the trough in the station, the track is below the platform level! You're point was wrong. Size isn't everything (<< no pun intended), it's how high it is above platform level.

EDIT: When I say you're point is wrong, I mean you misunderstood my post.

^Um, it was your point that it was size that mattered, not mine, dear.

His question was answered, correctly, so be quiet?

^^ Actually, dear, I said the WW track was huge and is very tall. Never said size was everything.

^^Look, our opinions are different. The fact that Baco's track is huge doesn't mean anything when is placed inside the platform. Raptor's isn't.

the king said:
Stop you two, please.
ahaha, :L

and i hope, for my bored self sake, that some sort of decent construction takes place by the weekend..
cant beleive that like 2 weeks ago that person said 'hello swarm lift hill' load of **** that was :l :shock:

^Indeed. Thorpe really need to get a move on. I'm just thinking that trial merlin is on, is affecting this. But still just me. I have a feeling track erection should begin this week.

the king said:
^Indeed. Thorpe really need to get a move on. I'm just thinking that trial merlin is on, is affecting this. But still just me. I have a feeling track erection should begin this week.

yeah agree'd, and also i reckon if they really got a foot down, the track should go up quite fast :) hopefully like asterix's invert :mrgreen: << this has probs been said before, but ah well cool)

Status
Not open for further replies.