What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimahri

CF Legend
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

Plus, gears is canny ****.

Tah for the image beans. Unfortunatly its not bug themed, let alone bees :c. I actually had my own version thought out if it was bee themed, I was all "OMG DODONPACHI THE RIDE!!!" it actually made sense but missing the bees. Oh well, The Swarm is now DoDonPachi the ride in my eyes. And sponsered by nic cage.

Also omg stop posting so quick D:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I have no feelings towards the name either way.

I remember the uproar when Alton announced Rita: Queen of Speed, but now it's just normal; "Shall we ride Rita next?"

Let's face it, most enthusiasts (who I share 99% of my parks visits with) will drop the "the" prefix and it'll be simply refereed to as "Swarm".

Also, please realise that the ride will not end up looking it does in the video with all the dust and trash. They'll be a few large items of theme and then the rest of it will be tarmac, bark and the occasional plant.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator

But they are going to destroy X:\NWO aren't they??? Please??? ;)

Beans

Hyper Poster

furie said:
But they are going to destroy X:\NWO aren't they??? Please??? ;)

If only Phill. I hate that ride with a passion.....

Mind you I did actually puke last time I rode Storm Surge, the toilets luckily were very close, didn't luckily do it on the ride, Leigh just kept shoutong at Me BIN BIN BIN...... no sanitare for them from me!!!

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster

I like it. Different to what I expected. I wouldn't have been surprised if it was called LC12. So I'm guessing it's some kind of machinery/robot swarm that the government didn't tell us about?

If so, I love it. Probably could have done without the 'the' but nevermind.

What is it with Thorpe and their 's' riides. Saw, Stealth, Storm Surge etc.

wabbit42

Mega Poster

Meh about the name, I'm sure it will grow on us. I'm glad they released the images of the trains, they look great IMO.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

the website also has a dev dairy, so im taking theyll update us with devolpments on the new ride?

Inverse

Hyper Poster

I'm quite a fan of the trains and the theme idea in general. The trains remind me a bit of Raiders from Battlestar. I'm not too fond of the name though. I think the associations with afore-mentioned film have made it somewhat less scary than maybe Thorpe had hoped.

Still got high hopes and I'm looking forward to following the promotion story as well as the ride.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I really hope fire shoots out of the jet engine of the plane when the trainflys under it, I think that would top it off. Along with a splash effect similar to Raptor's on the corner around the crashed helicopter! But I really can't wait to ride the swarm

Treeis

Mega Poster

So I guess, the train will represent some kind of bug that destroys everything in its path...and we are at war with it, even though we are riding it??

Right...

Yeah, they should have done something like "sci fi" or something simple and easy to comprehend

silenthillXD

Hyper Poster

I second furie, no way out should get caught within the swarm. Maybe something worth riding would be able to fit in that space. But back on topic I still can't get over how awesome the theme is! Scifi and horror mixtures are always epic! And the idea of alien bug swarms abducting people is pretty neat. Oh yeah can anyone figure out what the tab at the top of the website means when it says "Missing Wall"? And does anyone else think that the flames coming out of the plane in the image suggest they will use pyrotechnics?

Ethan

Strata Poster

^^ that has already been discussed. Obviously some people don't read the previous posts. Also, if you actually look closely at the train concept art, it shows thatbeach individual car represents a single monster/robot, hence the name Swarm.

Nic

Strata Poster

silenthillXD said:
Oh yeah can anyone figure out what the tab at the top of the website means when it says "Missing Wall"?
0:26 in the video shows a notice board with "missing" notices and photos of people, as you often get after real disasters when people are desperately trying to locate their loved ones. I'm guessing it'll be a portion on the site (possibly some form of competition - like the Saw "hack your own leg off" one) where you can post a photo of yourself and a message about how much you're looking forward to the ride.... or something? Although, if the engine they're using to sign up to the mailing list/email the page to a friend is anything to go by, it won't work, so its irrelevant.

kimahri

CF Legend

Treeis said:
So I guess, the train will represent some kind of bug that destroys everything in its path...and we are at war with it, even though we are riding it??

Right...

Yeah, they should have done something like "sci fi" or something simple and easy to comprehend

Because rollercoasters are know for highly developed plots and multi dimentional characters.

Edit: just watched that video thingy. It was pretty cool if I'm honest. I am ok with this ride.

nealbie

CF Legend

'The' Swarm works in context. The trains are THE 'Swarm' and that is what the ride is.

Looks good, shame the only two non-masshysteria reviews of Raptor I have are very negative :( .

We'll see.

Nic

Strata Poster

Raptor is fab. No argument.

PS. Repeated from my FB status for an extended audience...

Come on, "The" doesn't matter, we all know that Beans will just call it Swarmie anyway ;)

tomahawk

Strata Poster

Non enthusiats already say "the" in front of every ride as is...so they just made it officially part of the name.

Dave

CF Legend

I like it. Now to wait for endless construction talk. If Beans/A-Kid named it would it be Swammy or Swarmy?

Status
Not open for further replies.