Not open for further replies.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: The Swarm - B&M 'Wing-Rider', Thorpe Park 2012

jordypordy11 said:
Just a question, Can't really see it on the plans.. On this picture below, what's the hole underneath the drop? is it where part of the plane is going to go? (Just a question of personal boredom)

326740_126363187467091_115673268536083_86081_796937861_o.jpg
Where do you mean, hole? I can't see any noticeable hole? Unless you mean the water trenches, which I assume are just naturally part of the island.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^

Untitle.png

That was taken a month ago, its directly under the track at the moment.

It is visible from the other picture i used for the example, just looks a little smaller and not so deep.

Got any idea's? People where saying its for the theming..

AJ

Giga Poster

^ I'm sure it's just so the track doesn't run along the ground. Can't imagine what theming they'd put in that TINY hole... [see].

<3

the king

Mega Poster

Chances are, that hole is made so that people don't lose their feet on the ride, since the seats will be beside the track as you may know.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Yeah, most probably :) I forgot how low the trains are to the ground.
Its going to be interesting to see how much ground is left for the public!
Hope it won't be like saw, and have like a rugby Scrum to get across the small enterance bridge :L

Lofty

CF Legend

the king said:
Chances are, that hole is made so that people don't lose their feet on the ride, since the seats will be beside the track as you may know.

As you may know? It's a Wingrider. Of course we know that. Still, yes, you're at the sides of the track, not beneath it. The spine of the track is actually lower then your feet are...

Martyn B

CF Legend

How long does the ground need to be left for it to 'settle'? I dont **** all about stuff like that, but 2 of them footers seem ridiculously close to the water, considering this is a fairly new man made island...?

Dave

CF Legend

I'm sure the footers are bedded in deeper than where the bed of the lake was.

iblamefish

Roller Poster

338448_126715364098540_115673268536083_86743_87626943_o.jpg

The third A-frame for the lift is making good progress. The lift could be topped off by the weekend at this rate.

bob_3_

Giga Poster

What I find interesting is the little plans everywhere

304525_116730795096997_115673268536083_62550_355768436_n.jpg

poloroid.png

You can see the clearances of the train during the inclined loop. and in-line

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

Hmm, considering that picture was taken at 11:45, They surely must of finished the 3rd support?
Also is that part of the cat lift for the top of the lift, just lying on the ground below the supports for the Zero-g? Beans should have some nice pics ;)

iblamefish

Roller Poster

jordypordy11 said:
Also is that part of the cat lift for the top of the lift, just lying on the ground below the supports for the Zero-g?

I thought that too at first, but it's a load of supports.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^ Thought so, ... and what an update that is, loads of photo's :)

and hello time-lapse camera:

Swarm13101140.jpg

Another pleasing picture from that website..

Swarm13101113.jpg

Credit - Themeuk.net

Kebab

Giga Poster

It's looking huge! Just look at the guy at the bottom left of the photo! :shock:

I have high hopes for Thorpe with this, so they better not screw it up! I love how they've kept the whole project relatively quiet compared to Saw, I'm sure Saw: The Ride seemed way to forced with the promotional advertising.

Can't wait to see the drop now! :)

michaellll

Mega Poster

I have to admit, as much as I've almost written off this project in favor of other 2012 wingriders, this looks gargantuan and I'm quite excited to see it completed.

Ollie

CF Legend

Has anyone else noticed that they've started building the walls of the station? Can't wait to see what it looks like once it's finished. :)

Swarm13101150.jpg

Also what's going on here? It looks like they're putting the top of the lift hill on before they've finished the supports below it.
Would they just be moving it? Don't see why they would need to touch it before the supports are ready to attach it to.
Swarm13101157.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ollie said:
Also what's going on here? It looks like they're putting the top of the lift hill on before they've finished the supports below it.
Would they just be moving it? Don't see why they would need to touch it before the supports are ready to attach it to.
Like you said, they might have put it somewhere that was a bit inconvenient, so decided to move it before they actually needed to install it. It doesn't seem that unsurprising to me that that sort of thing might happen.

jordypordy11

Mega Poster

^^
They must of been moving it round, because look in this picture you can see them joining the two parts of the lift.
Swarm13101115.jpg

It is happening pretty fast :) and good spot about the station building! i was too focused on the track ;)
The theming should look tasty on the station when its done though!

Thorpe park said this at 11:40: ''Top of the 3rd A-frame and the ride track going up very soon...pictures and video to follow''

Status
Not open for further replies.