What's new

Thorpe Park |"The Swarm"| B&M Wing Coaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Arly

Strata Poster
It's all so loud. I love it. The scream is very cool, but surely it would be better to play it as the riders are going under the wing, rather than after?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I love the Swarm noise, but I just don't think it fits that part of the ride. Or is the idea that the sound is the Swarm hitting the plane?

Martyn B

CF Legend
It does look great, but they so badly missed out on a big opportunity with the plain flooring.

And are them two lorries there then? (the food place and ride photo)

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
The food lorry is now the gaming one...

It does look fab though... It'll look even better in person with the ride soaring around...

Well done Thorpe and Merlin on this one...

Beans

Hyper Poster
Had a good day, it was very good, best ridden back left and front left.
Don't want to say too much as I don't want to spoil it for others. I liked it but then I haven't ridden another like it, Air would be it's closest comparison, but then Air makes me sick and this doesn't, this one is very re-rideable.

TP Rich

Hyper Poster
I'm glad this 'Games Zone' isn't an actual arcade as the name would suggest, it's just a couple of games stalls in the structure which was originally planned to be a food and beverage unit, which instead opened as 'Roast and Relish' next to Depth Charge.

Beans

Hyper Poster
Well the hosts called this side Left, if sitting looking fore=ward to the front you are on the left, you have to cross the bridge to get on, it is the side that goes under first not over, better experience than other side, have ridden it in all four corners to test it out.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Why thank you, TP Rich, for repeating everything on the last few pages...

Beans, do you get whipped around the first drop at the back?

Beans

Hyper Poster
No it is like slow motion it is very gentle and slow, only when you drop do you feel the rush, it is more about seeing the lovely train in front of you and that side you get the better feeling of the near misses, and you get a wet bum if on outside, that is back row anyway.
Everyone will form there own impression, maybe not all will be favourable but I liked it, mainly for the fact it is different and very re-ridable.
The sound effects do help especially when rolling through the church.

Coastermaniac94

Mega Poster
2 questions .... first of all does anybody know what the storyline of this ride is cause there doesn't seem to be much on whst the swarm actually is ? ... secondly why is the station a church , what relevance does this have to the rides story ?

Status
Not open for further replies.