What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Niles

Giga Poster
Did not make it round the outerback turn, i dont think anyone has noticed yet but staff are running round.

We saw it as we were driving in, my sister said "its going backwards?" I looked over and just 😰

ScottLann

Mega Poster
Yeah, its definitely been valleying for a while on those videos.

I could be way off, but this seems to be one of the most problematic Mack Coasters there's been. I understand it's a new coaster and all, but the amount of closures this thing has had so far is a bit concerning.

It does make me think that Merlin may not want to buy another Mack coaster any time soon 🙄

FogZog

Mega Poster
I’m visiting Friday and oh my god what a **** show this ride has been. Voltron has problems but it kinda makes sense due to its complexity (trick track, loads of LSM’s, trains, block zones). Hyperia being this unreliable is just odd and out of character for Mack.
I’m scared to organise a trip now with how much this thing keeps going down…

emoo

Hyper Poster
Yikes. While the layout is unusual it's a gravity coaster with a lift hill so yeah what is going on?! New ride teething issue excuses will be wearing thin now for all sides.

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
I’m visiting Friday and oh my god what a **** show this ride has been. Voltron has problems but it kinda makes sense due to its complexity (trick track, loads of LSM’s, trains, block zones). Hyperia being this unreliable is just odd and out of character for Mack.
I know as little about the technical details as the next guy, but I think I might shift some blame over to Thorpe themselves as well.

The fact that they announced an opening date *before trains even arrived* didn't sit right with me, and the whole testing process felt incredibly rushed. It really feels like the ride could've done with so much more testing, to me it genuinely feels like they barely scraped getting certification before it opened because wow its issues have been insane. Even some of my non-enthusiast friends agree that the opening of the ride felt far too rushed. It feels like a hole that both the park and Mack have dug themselves into.

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
I think I'll avoid planning a trip for now. They really need this thing to run reliably before the summer holidays kick in.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
So a train valleyed... Big deal, not exactly unusual, happened on Voltron too remember... Only thing that was unusual was the first period of closure / maintenance, that's what makes this one stand out. If it weren't for that earlier closure this would be a none story, something you almost expect with a new coaster from time to time, as the on park maintenance teams get used to which configurations to use during the various different early morning testing conditions.

Hope it's back up and running tomorrow, although it will probably be on one train. They surely have a theoretical plan in place for a valley there already, as any idiot could see it was going to happen from time to time. I'm hopeful for those with trips planned that this will only be a short stoppage in play.