What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

spicy

Giga Poster
There are some plans somewhere to but not sure where.

I believe the only plan that was ever released was this one:

bc731bbd6a0e500b34f10ce92b222442.jpg

This looked to be more of a Hollywood dream than a Shambhala.

Rather have Hyperia any day.

toofpikk

Mega Poster
I’m curious if they can do anything with that island they built.
[Pic]
They have all this unused land sitting there, does anybody know any reason they haven’t developed over in that direction?

Yeah! They left a few boulders on it a few years back to see how the land has settled and to see if there'd be any sinking. I guess the land still wasn't settled enough to deal with a large installation?

Maybe once the dust has settled after Hyperia, there'll have been enough time for the land to settle enough to use it for something.

spicy

Giga Poster
I’m curious if they can do anything with that island they built. View attachment 27558
They have all this unused land sitting there, does anybody know any reason they haven’t developed over in that direction?

That area was earmarked for a coaster upto 40m in height in the last MTDP and 2 potential flat ride locations.

49ed6fea8ca76a68a40519c8e49ab274.jpg

Interestingly Old town wasn’t even referenced back then as a potential site for the next coaster.

Clearly for some reason after that MTDP was released focus was switched from building on that island to redeveloping Old Town.

I would say that island will definitely be the site of the next coaster though.

Georgie-M

Mega Poster
That area was earmarked for a coaster upto 40m in height in the last MTDP and 2 potential flat ride locations.

49ed6fea8ca76a68a40519c8e49ab274.jpg

Interestingly Old town wasn’t even referenced back then as a potential site for the next coaster.

Clearly for some reason after that MTDP was released focus was switched from building on that island to redeveloping Old Town.

I would say that island will definitely be the site of the next coaster though.
Don't forget this plan dates from 2010, so before the Swarm opened, before the Shark cabins were added on the alt coaster 2 site in lieu of a proper hotel on the mainland, and before the initial plans for a 40m ride on the back island were scrapped in favour of Ghost Train. It's been over a decade since those plans were drawn up, so I think it's natural that the park's priorities have changed. I hope you're right about the next big ride being on that island though, The Swarm and Stealth have been awkward disconnected dead ends for way too long.

Coasterfreck

Mega Poster