What's new

Thorpe Park | Hyperia | Mack Hyper Coaster | 2024

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Honestly, I don't know.

Looking at the official recreation from the name announcement, I guess it's more likely not:

I've just been referring to it as an inversion for ease. I can't think of any coaster which has an element nearly identical to it, which makes it harder to judge.

Think we need to get the protractors and the infamous CF inversion guide out to double check! 😂
I think you're right, by RCDB's definition, and like the element on Icon, it won't be 'classed' as an inversion.

But, like with Icon, I'll call it how it feels... Feels like an inversion to me riding it, so I class it as an inversion.

Bowser

Mega Poster
Whilst we're talking queues, I'd just like to say how happy I am that dedicated accessible entrances/queues seem to be becoming more and more standard at theme parks. I won't miss having to awkwardly make my way up exit paths. Every third idiot shouting "you're going the wrong way!" or just barging past you like you're invisible. Yay for accessibility!

Yep! Getting to actually experience the pre-show or theming too 🥰

Lofty

CF Legend
And im genuinely baffled as to why. Is it just because this one's bri'ish the thread gets this much traffic?
Nah, it's because the UK's coaster lineup isn't the strongest, and this is hands down going to be one of, if not THE best coaster in the UK.

I don't quite think you realise the gravitas this project has over here? For years, we have stagnated as a nation with only a handful 'large' coasters being built, not to this scale. For a coaster of this magnitude, and quality, coming to the UK, it's really exciting to see.

Of course, in Germany, this would just be 'another' coaster added to the list of existing brilliant rides. But sadly, over in the UK, this isn't necessarily the case.

emoo

Hyper Poster
As short as Hyperia is, it could have been lesser. It could also have been nothing at all, so yeah many are thrilled at a happening of any sorts.

Of course this could have been more, so many suggestions and lack luster responses get circulated. These are just some of mine:

I thought Icon was a bit lame and Star Trek gets mixed reviews at best. Capital Bullet Train's fun looking layout ran with potato wheels. Mack and Thorpe's venture sure have a lot to live up to thrill seekers hopes and dreams. They are putting in some clever and unique ideas that could work. It's unreasonable to expect this to be a let down but is a concern so fingers crossed we are not all crushed with disappointment in the spring. I certainly don't want another ghost train incident where they attempt what people want but get it so wrong everything gets set back even further.

This has a record/stat to market but the hight is genuinely useful to get a good ride. Plus they just have to post pictures for people to gawp at. Really balances out the overall parks skyline too.

Of all new 2024 rides I'd wonder if I'd find anyone arguing Hyperia isn't a top 5 who isn't disingenuous or overly blessed with dime a dozen awesomeness.

I wonder if Europa have spent as much on that tree than all of Thorpe's intended themeing. Shame that satellite dish had to go but the park has done so well dressing up other basic rides the sum is far greater than the models. Hopefully they too get an actual great ride which is also needed there. Anyone will have oodles to appreciate if Voltron and the grand purpose built Croatia land isn't for them.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Nah, it's because the UK's coaster lineup isn't the strongest, and this is hands down going to be one of, if not THE best coaster in the UK.

I don't quite think you realise the gravitas this project has over here? For years, we have stagnated as a nation with only a handful 'large' coasters being built, not to this scale. For a coaster of this magnitude, and quality, coming to the UK, it's really exciting to see.

Of course, in Germany, this would just be 'another' coaster added to the list of existing brilliant rides. But sadly, over in the UK, this isn't necessarily the case.
This.

But even saying that, a 236ft coaster in Germany would still turn heads and get people talking. It's just accentuated over here by our reasonably lacklustre line up.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
And im genuinely baffled as to why. Is it just because this one's bri'ish the thread gets this much traffic?
Points raised in the 2 replies above are all good points, and very true. However, this thread is half the size of FLY's thread so far. But it wouldn't be too surprising if an English coaster attracted more than it's fair share of engagement on an English speaking forum would it?

Of course, there's a higher percentage of English and American people on an English speaking forum, so any coaster that's a relatively big deal in either of those territories is going to create a buzz. It just so happens that a hyper coaster of any sort, being built here, is a huge deal in the UK. If this was in the US, it wouldn't be as much of a big deal, just another hyper. Another Strata coaster in the US might see similar results. And if this was being built in Germany, there just aren't as many people that see Germany as easily accessible on these forums as there are Brits, contrary to popular belief, we don't all travel all the time, lots of UK enthusiasts are stuck enjoying UK only coasters, or only travelling rarely.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Points raised in the 2 replies above are all good points, and very true. However, this thread is half the size of FLY's thread so far. But it wouldn't be too surprising if an English coaster attracted more than it's fair share of engagement on an English speaking forum would it?

Should be noted that FLY's construction thread began back in mid 2016, a solid 4 years prior to the ride opening, and has continued several pages after opening. This thread has been going for 2 years now and mainly consisted of rumours and mud. The good stuff has only just started ;)

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Should be noted that FLY's construction thread began back in mid 2016, a solid 4 years prior to the ride opening, and has continued several pages after opening. This thread has been going for 2 years now and mainly consisted of rumours and mud. The good stuff has only just started ;)
Yep, but FLY's thread still stands as a testament to the level of buzz an interesting project outside of the UK or US can generate... This thread will surely go on to surpass that thread eventually, for the reasons mentioned.

God help us if Thorpe decide to build a mystery themed wall too!!!

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Yep, but FLY's thread still stands as a testament to the level of buzz an interesting project outside of the UK or US can generate... This thread will surely go on to surpass that thread eventually, for the reasons mentioned.

God help us if Thorpe decide to build a mystery themed wall too!!!
I genuinely hated the FLY thread once the wall discussion took over. I just ignored it after that, not only because the discussion was a total waste of time, but wanted to be spoiler free.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I genuinely hated the FLY thread once the wall discussion took over. I just ignored it after that, not only because the discussion was a total waste of time, but wanted to be spoiler free.
The F.L.Y. thread was tedious at times (as I suppose is this one), but it also gave us the absolute goldmine of "no programme" nonsense, which did make it worth it.