What's new

Thorpe Park | Derren Brown's Ghost Train | VR Attraction

marc

CF Legend
Re: Thorpe Park construction?

Yeah it will get out but like saw we not find out what actually in there fully.

nadroJ

CF Legend

Did I gather from somewhere that they're spiting the banana too?

Jokes if it's another bloody air race XD

Alex23

Roller Poster

Teasers have appeared at the park, South Parks have images on their FB page

a98e17387a742580c942b49932832ee0.jpg

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Whilst this is almost certainly just a teaser to enthusiasts, I think it should be pointed out that indoor rides don't change the landscape (unless they're MASSIVE), which means that Thorpe must be getting.....a B&M Hyper!!!!! :wink:

Martyn B

CF Legend

Eh? This isn't aimed at enthusiasts, it's aimed at everyone.

Where abouts was the pic taken?

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I don't think it gives any clues or is that significant. If the sign is near the construction zone it's nothing but a sign informing all guests that something new is being built.

Ethan

Strata Poster

I agree that it doesn't tell us much, but it does look quite futuristic!

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Yeah, I saw on TT where the sign is located, so it is obviously aimed at everyone. One thing that I've been thinking about though is that an indoor ride/coaster will be located next to another indoor coaster, which is a bit strange, in my opinion.....

elephant58

Hyper Poster

Yeah, but they're both indoors, which the public see as a 'novelty' and located them next to each other just seems weird, to me.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

It depends how different they are from each other. Phantasialand also has two (or technically even three) indoor coasters right next to each other with Winjas Fear & Force and Temple of the Night Hawk, but since they are so different it doesn't look or feel odd.

elephant58

Hyper Poster

According to "SouthParks and other fan sites", apparently the ride has been codenamed 'Project Whitechapel', or 'WC16'. My only source is a TT member claiming that planning application site has said this and I don't know the link to it.

JoshC.

Strata Poster

elephant58 said:
According to "SouthParks and other fan sites", apparently the ride has been codenamed 'Project Whitechapel', or 'WC16'. My only source is a TT member claiming that planning application site has said this and I don't know the link to it.

There's details about the new application on TPM: http://www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk/news/0 ... n-Released and the plans can be found by searching for Thorpe Park on the council's site here: http://planning.runnymede.gov.uk/Northg ... earch.aspx

I'm personally treating the codename as WC16 (as it's quicker to type out and looks nice when compared to LC12 for The Swarm :p ).

The new plans show details of the "themed structure" in the ride's plaza, which looks like a watch tower, and slight changes to the ride's building and queue line (the building is a little bit smaller, and the queue is now a bit more open).

I'm doubting that the ride will be themed around the ITV show Whitechapel to be honest, since it wasn't that popular and seems to have stopped as well (plus Thorpe wouldn't be so careless to reveal the ride's theme through some plans!).

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

I'm not reading much into the project name. It does strike up a bit of a Jack The Ripper vibe though, but then again Project Dylan (Saw) made me think about my cousin. It's a lovely project name though.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team

WC16?! This can only mean one thing. New toilets. With hand dryers that work. And taps that don't have those stupid foot pedals that you have to explain to non-goons on every single visit.

Can't wait <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

^ Only you would make the connect between WC16 and toilets. Project Toilet. It sounds like a ride that Mysterious Sue will never find her way out of! Toilet or not, I'm quite looking forward to it. It's been a while since Merlin attempted a fully fledged dark ride with a multi million pound budget.

EthC

Mega Poster

So thorpe tweeted this image to the twitter of Theme Park Incorporated...

11128358_833986893322495_3552642291033216038_n.jpg

I don't want to speculate too much but the image, does contain a perfume bottle of antique or victorianesque look to it, who knows this could be a massive clue or just one to trick enthusiasts, as it was that twitter page above that asked for a clue.

What are your thoughts?