What's new

Thorpe Park 2014: The water front hotel.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm, this seems like another attempt by Thorpe to move away from the teen/thrill market and more towards "family". Change the name to something more Surreyesque and bosh, the appeal of it has changed.

I always though the Crash Pad (the concept, not th name) was a temporary thing until they built a permanent one anyway.

spicy

Giga Poster
The thing is the waterfront hotel makes it sound like a nice hotel and its just a permanent snoozebox.

I hope they eventually build an actual hotel rather than just keeping this.

peep said:
owenrita121 said:
And im sure that Image on the wall isn't The Swarm? ;)

PSML. That might be the best blunder by Thorpe I've seen.

Is it a picture of a real coaster though? Looks like The Swarm lift hill with a couple of dive loops and some dramatic lighting thrown in.

spicy

Giga Poster
Oh ok. To be fair no ones going to notice as it looks pretty similar to The Swarm anyway.

Not as bad as Port Aventura randomly using Maverick on its cups and Colossus on its Baco T-shirts :lol:

Tomatron

Giga Poster
I wouldn't mind so much if it weren't pretending to be something that it isn't. This seems like a very contrived attempt to reach out to people who actually have the money to stay there, but are (hopfeully) smart enough to know that it's just a bunch of shipping containers with beds and flatscreens.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Bicd61tIcAAJGYJ_zps02592d41.jpg~original

So...Thorpe Shark Hotel is the official name!

*tumbleweed*

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
[tweet]https://twitter.com/THORPEPARK/status/443355985273692160[/tweet]

Ahhh, got the badger to work :)

Ten minutes of my life I'll never get back - stupid Twitter.

EnigmaHyena

Hyper Poster
Yeah I did try to break out my expert coding skills but alas...Twitter just hates CF ;)

In any case it may be because it's so local to me but I can't really imagine staying overnight at Thorpe, to me it's not really a 2-day park. That, and I'd rather not deal with the chavs dicking about overnight.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
It might not be TOO bad if it actually fit in with the Thorpe market...At least chessington has the sealife...where on earth does 'shark' come from? The only fish-y thing there (apart from the small and clientele) is Flying Fish.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
^True, but the hotel is called "Thorpe Shark"

If it was called "Thorpe Dark" - that would just be silly ;)