What's new

Theme Parks with the best catering

Sandman

Giga Poster
Food glorious food.

Perhaps one of the more overlooked aspects of the theme park experience.

Maybe this is because the average park need not worry about providing a high quality level of food and refreshments; merely a quick, easy bite for customers who are ultimately looking to maximise their day with rides and shows etc.

There are some parks that do pay a lot more attention to the dining aspect however.

Europa Park is probably the best theme park I have been to when focusing solely on dining experience. I enjoyed 2 decent meals at the Spices Restaurant and had one of the best crossiants in my life over in the French area. The pizza in the Italian section is pretty good too, but the quality is even better in the Hotel Colosseo restaurant. Everything I ate was enjoyable which is something I've never experienced in another park.

Europa also now has Eatrenalin, a 2* Michelin Restaurant (Ammolite) amongst other well-rated options. So, surely it is 'up there' when it comes to best catered theme parks.

What d'ya reckon? What's the theme park with the best food overall? Any that you have been to that stand out particularly?

Geeky Pastimes

Mega Poster
Phantasialand is really great for casual food, with the waffles and flatbreads being particularly great, Hotel Matamba has a pretty good buffet too.

Liseberg has a great hotel buffet in Grand Curiosa (and it's bizarrely cheap) and some great choices in the park from a German cold meat platter to Max Burger which is easily one of the best burger chains.

Hansa Park also has an amazing Canteen style restaurant near the entrance.

But for a range of restaurants, I agree that Europa Park is pretty unmatched, especially if you include the great hotel restaurants. It's amazing if you're willing to spend a bit more, I just wish they had better casual options.

EPCOT is also amazing, the quality isn't the best but there's such a huge range of different world cuisines and different price points.

RevolutionRuleZ

Mega Poster
Got to be Epcot for the reasons above, was genuinely spoiled for choice....after I was robbed for 2 pints of Harp of all things in the English pavilion!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Phantasialand is the easy winner for me. Great choices between grab and go, full meals and sweet treats. Reasonably priced. Themed offerings too.

I also highly rate Karls Elstal (if that counts) and Linnanmäki. Linnanmäki had a great selection and again reasonably priced, especially considering location.

I want to also discuss worst offerings, but I need to think about that.

Bentleya

Mega Poster
A couple of notable eateries at parks; not necessarily the whole park - as I’ve not had the opportunity to try multiple eateries; but these certainly stick out

The Green Room at Liseberg.
Le Cirque at Parc Astérix.

Last edited:

witchfinder

Giga Poster
Dollywood, easily. Obviously it's well known for the Cinnamon bread, but they have a huge range of food options there and it's all delicious.

I recently visited Farup Sommerland and they had a good variety in the big quick service restaurant in the main entrance plaza. I had a very rice Pork Rendang curry. They also had a bunch of interesting looking dining locations that were closed due to it being a quiet day.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Phantasialand has actually provided with me with one of the best theme park meals I've had - thanks for the reminder above.

It was at the Restaurant Bantu (Hotel Matamba), me and my 2 friends were the only ones in there for our dinner - a la carte - whilst everyone else seemed to be at the Zambesi restaurant.

It was a very delicious experience, loads of varied African dishes (which my usually snobby South African friend approved of, achievement unlocked). The chef kept bringing out more dishes because it was so quiet, including loads of additional plates we didn't order that he asked us to try. I recall also having a Black Mamba cocktail which was definitely stronger than anticipated. Great service and experience overall.

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Dollywood, easily. Obviously it's well known for the Cinnamon bread, but they have a huge range of food options there and it's all delicious.

This, but Silver Dollar City instead of Dollywood. And that's only because I haven't been to Dollywood. I would imagine the food is broadly similar at both parks, right? Lots of Southern style delights, BBQ, plenty of smoked meats etc... and, of course, the cinnamon bread. Not to mention Fanny's Funnel Cakes.

Shout out to the buffet restaurant at Hotel Matamba. Still the only time in my life I've ever eaten zebra. 🦓

Matt N

CF Legend
I’m not much of a foodie, so this isn’t really on my radar as much as it might be for others, but of the parks I’ve been to, Europa Park is the one where the catering stood out the most.

The hotel food was delicious, and we got some really nice stuff in the park too, particularly from the bakery in the French area!

toofpikk

Mega Poster
Surprised at the lack of mention of Efteling thus far. Easily up there with the likes of Phantasialand and Europa imo. Maybe not quite pinching the top spot from either of them, but the range, quality and affordability of their cuisine leaves them second to very few.
That god damn bakery in the area opposite max and moritz is dangerously good.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Surprised at the lack of mention of Efteling thus far. Easily up there with the likes of Phantasialand and Europa imo. Maybe not quite pinching the top spot from either of them, but the range, quality and affordability of their cuisine leaves them second to very few.
That god damn bakery in the area opposite max and moritz is dangerously good.

Hard to beat the Efteling stroopwafels. A lovely little treat.

Alessio

Roller Poster
Phantasiand is definitely at the top with their food offerings, especially the restaurants Uhrwerk and Rutmors Taverne. Europa Park offers good food as well, just like Efteling. I also really enjoyed the Flaming Feather at Toverland.

Internationally, I was really pleasantly surprised by Fuji-Q Highlands food offerings. So much variety and lots of different smaller locations and food trucks. Prices were also reasonable. Was really blown away because I never expected it.

Disney also has great food offerings (definitely prefer the US offerings in comparison to Paris and Tokyo) as well as Universal. Especially Kinopio's Café and the Wizarding World restaurants are quite special and I really enjoyed them. Haven't tried it during my visit, but Mythos also has a great reputation at Islands of Adventure.

j-cat5

Roller Poster
Another vote for Europa here. Is there anything that park can't do right?

Also I don't know why but for some reason I always really look forward to lunch at Energylandia, even though I can't really make a case for it being anywhere near the top........it's a bit tacky at times but I just love it....perhaps ironically just like how I feel about the park itself?