What's new

Theme park soundtracks that get stuck in your head

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
How on EARTH has no one else said the main park theme to EnergyLandia?!

*sings* "EnergyLandiaaa, EnergyLandiaaa"
To those who've heard it, good luck getting that out of your head now! I last visited in 2019 and it's still stuck in my head.

I would also say all the Efteling music, especially Flying Dutchman and Raveleijn, but that's probably massively aided by me listening to them all the time 😅

JoshC.

Strata Poster
How on EARTH has no one else said the main park theme to EnergyLandia?!

*sings* "EnergyLandiaaa, EnergyLandiaaa"
To those who've heard it, good luck getting that out of your head now! I last visited in 2019 and it's still stuck in my head.

I know the one you're talking about, and that comes in and out of from time to time. But whenever I think of Energylandia music, _this_ is what I think of:

The bit at 1.40 just screams Energylandia to me...quite literally!

MaddyReads143

Roller Poster
Hi guys. Audio is arguably a key part of the theme park experience, even if it’s not something that often gets talked about. When it does get talked about, you often hear enthusiasts say about their favourite soundtracks, but what about those soundtracks that just get stuck in your head for ages after you hear them? That one theme park tune that you feel as though you’re hearing in your sleep after you’ve visited the park, because you just can’t get it out of your head? So my question to you today is; what theme park soundtracks just get stuck in your head whenever you hear them?

I’ve got two I can think of.

The first will probably come as no surprise; I’m nominating The Smiler at Alton Towers’ soundtrack for this. I don’t think I would have been able to make a thread about this subject and not mention The Smiler’s soundtrack! I actually rather like The Smiler’s soundtrack, I’ll admit, and I think it fits the ride very well, but I’d happily challenge anyone to stand in the queue for any extended period of time and not have “Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha…” looping round in their head for hours afterwards:

The second is a slightly more left-field choice, but I’m also going for the Oakwood park-wide theme tune for this, too. It’s a perfectly pleasant loop, but it’s only about 2 minutes long, and it’s played around practically the entire park. I certainly remember this being stuck in my head after my last Oakwood visit in 2019, and my Nan was driven mad by it within about 10 minutes:

But what theme park earworms can you think of?
Thanks for the audio by the way.

Niles

Giga Poster
I just watched Expedition Theme parks new video ( brilliant video as usual ) of the Vampire at Chessington, I have not been In a while but hearing the theme song in the background of the vid made me remember how much I love it. It’s a classic and It is Chessingtons soundtrack for me, as a kid I remember it being foreboding and spooky as I made my way up the queue, then seeing the Vampire on the organ just brought it all together.

However when searching for the soundtrack I saw and remembered that they re-made it for 2020. It’s fine but not as good as the original.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
I just watched Expedition Theme parks new video ( brilliant video as usual ) of the Vampire at Chessington, I have not been In a while but hearing the theme song in the background of the vid made me remember how much I love it. It’s a classic and It is Chessingtons soundtrack for me, as a kid I remember it being foreboding and spooky as I made my way up the queue, then seeing the Vampire on the organ just brought it all together.

However when searching for the soundtrack I saw and remembered that they re-made it for 2020. It’s fine but not as good as the original.
Loosely related, I am probably the only person who really loves Expedition Theme Park’s old-timey theme music.

Nitefly

Hyper Poster
I just watched Expedition Theme parks new video ( brilliant video as usual ) of the Vampire at Chessington,
Normally absolutely love these, but on this one he did go a bit turbo with the praise to the point where it became unintentionally comedic with his unwillingness to end his outro commentary - got a bit ‘Return of the King’! 😅

My votes go to:

Euro-mir
Nemesis (nobody has said this yet but I’m going ‘nurrrr, nurrrrrr, nurrrrrrrerrrr!’ forever afterwards, works well anywhere whether serving dins or on the loo)
Splash Mountain

Howie

Donkey in a hat
Unlike the 'Best Theme Park Music' topics, in which I would always vote for the Joris en de Draak theme tune, for this thread I'm going with this forgotten gem:

Clearly not in the same league as some of the orchestral epics already mentioned here, but it's cheesy, cheerful, catchy and it has quacking ducks.
What's not to love?
And even though The Flume is long gone, I believe the music lives on at Thorpe Park on the Depth Charge slide. Or at least it did last time I was there. 😁

EDjanaika

Mega Poster
Lots of soundtracks get stuck in my head but the few ones in particular are
Port Aventura Music Generation -
Der Schwur Des Karnan-
And this quite underappreciated Phantasialand soundtrack from River Quest