What's new

'The Yorkshrie Tripper' LWV/FL Trip Reports!

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
PROPER LOL!

I loved that video, furie, so entertaining. One of those "I wish I thought of that" ideas!

I wouldn't even bother with your videos, Raybould :p

Mark

Strata Poster
Big F Word YEAH!

Absolutely loved it Furie. I love the whole tongue in cheek nod to cinema! It rawked!

Although, on a side note, you seemed to be missing a letter off the word Every.... (as mentioned on Facebook) tehe....

Love the whole Star Wars bit though!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Its pretty rare that I LOL whilst sat at my computer... last night when I watched that video... I LOL'd.

(SIXTH time lucky in posting this?!)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Cheers Mark(x2), Ian and Pierre :)

I was gutted I'd missed the 'y' LOL! I may do a directors cut one day - there's a few bits which could be better :D

Mushroom said:
Besides you could of asked for my Mushy Productions image insted of ripping it from a video of mine lol!

I could but:

a) you'd have known what I was doing.
b) it may have been too high quality - which would have defeated the purpose :D

Also, my footage was shocking Mushy, but you just have to think about it a little and try and make the most of what you had. Just remember, mine was done on a £50 digital camera with a resolution of 200 by 160 or something shocking! ;)

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Here is my no so great Lightwater video

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QG1OdD0cBMQ[/youtube]

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
An ok video, Raybould. Certainly one of your better ones but I don't think it really reflected the humour, pace and excitement of the day.

Get some quirky shots and antics, a less drab tune, and less repetition of the same antics (inflatable hammers in this instance) and you could be on to a winner.

I shall wait until Sunday evening to see your FL one and I tell you something, it will spoil my trip away knowing I have that to look forward to.

I consider it rude when some members don't write a report, especially after all the effort gone in and stuff! So come on...loads of members went. Where are the trip reports from everybody else? Don't be lame! Surely you can't travel all that way, fork out all that cash and not go home with nothing you want to say?

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I am having problems getting the music for my Flamingo video, Movie Maker is not supporting it grrr! But I feel it will be better than the Lightwater by far

Mark

Strata Poster
Movie Maker, GRRRRR. I used to think it was god until I met Sony Vegas.....

I am still arguing with my reflection about the music to use. Either way it is from upbeat fun choices. It is just which one.

I have uploaded my footage to the comp, I just have to start hammering it till it's done. I think mine will be a double piece though, ie 2 parks in 1 vid.

EDIT: After watching Furies vid for a seventh or eighth time I just thought I would note something. Slayed... In Germany, please, please, please read the signs.... NO LOOSE ARTICLES! This is like the third thing you have lost in a park! God knows what you might lose there LMAO.

Stone Cold

Mega Poster
Oh God Mushroom, I want that 3 and a half minutes of my life back. It's not that your video was necessarily any worse than your others (although, on balance, it was) it's just that I wacthed it directly after Furie's, so it was like finding a £20 note in the street after having just found out you've won the lottery.

Although, if I'm not mistaken Furie, you got footage of Lain falling down the hill beside the train like and Chaz's epic crash on the Skate Karts and it's not in the video.

marc

CF Legend
Ian as soon as our internet is working 100% and CF stops not letting me post the trip report :( I will get one posted.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
'Dobby Digital' sold that video to me completely Phil!

I've had very little time indeed since I got back, so this is the first chance i've had to comment on the Live, and this is using not-cheap WiFi in a Park Inn in Nottingham! The only time i've had so far was used processing my photos. I was going to use tonight to plaster my photos all over the internet (Facebook) but this lovely WiFi blocks BaceFook, so there's none of that happening.

Anyway, the weekend, lovely stuff it was!

Lightwater Valley is a lame park in my eyes, but its great fun with a group, because theres just loads of stuff to mess about on/with. We faffed a bit inside the entrance waiting for one or two to turn up, but moved off pretty promptly to Eagle's Claw. It makes me feel a bit queasy but its good for antics, so I rode it. Two spinny things in a row's not happening though (and I knew in my head we were going to Twister next too :p) so I sat out of Hornet's Nest, its not like i've never ridden it anyway.

Off to the Twister, and lol'ing at the ride-op trying to lock the restraint on John, Tanya, Marc & Mark in front, when clearly shifting them around in the car would've worked fine. Then Stone Cold sending the height measuring stick clattering onto the track too. LOL. Ultimate next, and a bit of a battering surely? No? How odd, The Ultimate's a bit tame in the mornings when its not running that fast (tame in relative terms obviously). The Rat obviously followed, and a bit of moist from the queue too, and then onto the Skate Karts. I'm toss at them (I possess no balance) but they're a laff anyway so I had a couple of runs, and did pretty okay by my standards on the 2nd, and I only fell off in avoidance of JayJay's crash!

Dinn0r then, and pizza from the greenhouse-food-court at £5.25 was cheap at half the price, a rip-off as it was... Back to the Grizzly Bear afterwards, faffed on the grass hillock waiting for the last few to come back from dinner, took a few photos, lol'ed at Lain getting taken out by Furie, and rode the outdoor-Rat Ride. Then, we whored the swinging ship and the kiddie coaster, both of which is sat out of, and then went to the mini bouncy drop tower thing, which is awesome. Bouncy airtime is clearly quality. From there to the Falls of Terror of Doom of Death, to try and get wet. I got wetter just sweating through the day... That led us to the other kiddie-ish coaster, the Ladybird, which i again sat out of, and then back to the Ultimate, now running much more brutally, and the Skate Karts again for a final faff. I took this opportunity to take lots of photos and to steal one of Martyn's lenses, so I know where I want my next lot of camera-related money to go.

'Mingoland report soon, i'm knackered now!

Queen.kt

Roller Poster
I've finished my IT test early so I'm writing my trip report in my ICT lesson.

LWV
As I think everyone else has put in thier trip reports, the weather was great and I now have sunburn and a white line where my neclace was all day. :--D . Well the day started great, because we went on Egals Claw which I hadn't been on before, it's fab. Everyone got on it ok apart from Will who had to do the walk of shame back to the rest of the group because his restraint wouldn't light up even though it was clearly locked. Then we went on the Hornets Nest, I think that's what it's called, and again Will held up the ride by getting his arm stuck in the restraint and they had to get him out with a key that they couldn't find lol. When we got onto T'Ultimate I got given advice from Chaz to lean in to the corner, it worked firt time but not the second, sorry Chaz. Then we moved over to the Rat Ride and again I had to ride it when I could see the track. 06 musshy had the light on his camera on and this year the light was coming through the top of the shed. When we got on the Skate Carts I mannaged to get round the track 3 times w00t. Dinner was a bit annoying as the sandwich shop had run out of sandwiches so i had to have a cookie and a blue slushie, not exactly appertising. The rest of the day wasn't very eventful jusrt alot of hammer bashing and ultimate riding.

Woo i got 31 out of 40 and the average is 29 on the test lol. Lesson is over I will do Flamingoland later.[/u]

Slayed

Hyper Poster
Ian said:
Where are the trip reports from everybody else?
My internet's been down for most of this week, the work's network sucks, YouLube & Facebook are blocked, and the fairly epic drive back knackered my dodgy wrist, so I've not seen or done 'owt yet! But if it's long you want...

Friday
My weekend began later than planned, rushing from a late meeting in work and collecting Leighton at about 5pm. Then it was off to sunny Brummie to get Rach (via the rubbery flyover ;)). We made good time and met up with WillIAm at the Doncaster 'Lodge about 9:30.

Quick trek over to McD's (via some secret hidden village route to avoid the A1), then back to the hotel to put the badges together before collapsing! (For the record, Ploddish did the design, I just added to it/messed it up, depending on your point of view :p).

Saturday
Next morning, and it's SUNNY, finally a warm dry Live :D. We got to Lightwater well early only to find a gaggle of CFers already there, including Marc & Mark - how fast is that Mini again? :p

Eventually we were allowed into the park, and everyone seemed to be arriving on time! Even the Furies :p. Not bad for a park in the middle of nowhere.

The party bags were dished out (thanks Ian), I started on the slightly soapy Haribo, and remembering what happened at the meet last year had a sudden urge to get a hammer :p. It had to be done!

Soon we were off to a spinny start on Eagle's Claw which is a really good Afterburner, and Hornet's Nest, my first Chaos - was fine once it started chucking us about but just spinning around gets me queasy. So was it Will who got his arm stuck? Was he doing a gibbon impression? Don't know why it took a ride-op in a golf cart to go and get a key to release him though!

Some more good spinning on the crazy mouse (once the ops had worked out how to balance a car), then on to the star attraction :D. I was actually quite surprised at how "gentle" T'Ultimate was in the morning, but still a good wake-up call (despite managing to dislodge my brand new filling in the process!).

Onto the Rat, where I managed to avoid the Furiesoaking that everyone else got (I was a bit confused seeing how wet people were coming out!), then some skatecarting. Seeing the op make Mushroom walk around the track was hilarious :lol:. Followed by Mushroom accelerating Chaz into the ground, which looked painful (the op's expression was priceless) but thankfully only led to some trouser rippage!

I eventually discovered that skatecarting with my left leg stick out actually worked - don't ask me why! It was the only way I could get around the track.

We broke for lunch then, and remembering the dodgy food last time I decided to play safe with some pasta in the greenhouse tent. Had a wander about, almost got tempted into a drink with Sam and Harvey but fought it (I'd have probably fallen asleep), then ambled back to the Grizzly Bear. Maybe it's the lack of hair but I just love warm weather ^_^.

Couldn't really be bothered to ride Grizzly so took some video and faffed on the grass, and that kind of set the tone for the afternoon really, lots of relaxed riding and messing about! Stone Cold pwning Will on the pirate ship in the way only he can (much to the bemusement of the "normal" people), massive hammer fighting, Lain trying to fend off Ciaran and falling down the hill, Sam pleading for someone to get in his dinghy leading to my getting between Sam's legs for the first (and last) time and losing my cap in the water - all good memories :).

Thankfully by the afternoon T'Ultimate was back to its outrageous, pummelling best - when it's in that sort of mood I could ride it for hours, except I'd probaly haemorrhage!

They'd closed the T'Ultimate queueline though, so it was time to leave. End of an excellent day in the park, especially meeting Andy and Nic for the first time, more great peeps :).

I quite like Lightwater: it's trump card is T'Ultimate, but it's got some fun rides, it's a nice setting, and the staff are a lot friendlier these days than they used to be. It really needs better food though.

Back to the 'Lodge, after some technological struggles with mobile internet we headed into Doncaster to find a Tesco. We toured around the place but failed on the Tesco front (a large town that doesn't have at least 5 Tescos? :eek:), but stumbled on a giant Asda instead. So we stank the 'Lodge out with roast meat :).

Sunday
More sun! Lush. We made the slightly longer journey to Flamingoland, taking advantage of the "airtime hill" on the way - didn't realise Rach was answering her phone at the time as she bounced into the car roof! :lol:

More earlyness, so some mandatory faffing before we got going with Velocity! I really like it, now I've sussed out how to avoid crushing injuries :). The launch is sustained, it doesn't seem to break down much, and it's an unusual, fun coaster.

There's rather a tangle of coasters near the entrance to the park, which isn't an ideal layout but it did mean we covered 4 coasters in rapid time. The level of pain caused by Runaway Mine Train is hilarious, that final turn is lethal! The Corkscrew restraints box your ears too.

The Navigator was much more meh than last time I visited, I wonder if it's suffering a bit, was making a nasty whining noise. I also spotted an engineer clambering over Flip Flop, which wasn't a good sign, suspected it would be down for the day.

The "subtle" video cameras on the Wild Mouse were actually quite good, might have been tempted but not for £8. And they've definitely used-up the last of the paint from Velocity! It's interesting how much difference theming makes though, since Rattlesnake is a symmetrical layout but feels better to me.

Eventually the moment I'd been looking forward to the most, Splash Battle! This is such fun on a nice day, the entire Splosh! area was full of people laughing and splashing about, it's a great atmosphere. Even from the queue we could see Ciaran getting some practice in on the guns, and watching the expression on everyone's faces as they got drenched was fab! I think Julian saved me and Jayjay to a certain extent by getting the targets :p.

I wasn't going for Pierre's pie & chips again for lunch, they were skank last time, so I headed for the fish & chips which were fine :). Although sounds like I should have gone for the Diner instead. Did a bit of Velocity whoring, then joined the group relaxing on the grass by Kumali.

Got my first front row on Kumali next, which is definitely more entertaining and smoother (distinctly non-zero-g roll though!). Seeing the video camera at the front shaking about was amusing.

I saw from the top of the lift hill that Flip Flop was now running, yay! I wasn't the only one who'd noticed and we made our way over to it. They've done a really good job of integrating it into the Splosh! area, and it has some lovely airtime, it's just a shame the water fountains don't do *something*, maybe the occasional spray into the air?

Next up was Cliffhanger, which scared the crap out of me as usual (although if anything Andy actually looked more terried!), then some larking about on the kiddie slide. Bongo Warriors followed - I hadn't seem the limbo one so it was fun - then Stone Cold switched his abuse to Lain on the pirate ship to hilarious effect. GET THAT MAN AWAY FROM HORNS! Maybe he needs a horn asbo :p.

Hehe, Wild Green River Ride, OMG. That must have been the longest ride of my life! 20 mins :eek:. We had a good laugh though, especially when it broke at the top of the drop! XD

Over to Velocity and then back to Kumali for the ERT. Wasn't sure if the ride ops were a bit peed off at first since they looked miserable (and gave me a good pinning), but a few more ops turned up and they seemed to cheer up. Think I got 5 rides in, was starting to lose my head by then and wasn't surprised the group was rapidly dwindling! Was still fun though, and a great way to end the weekend.

I've been to Flamingoland twice now, and had a great time on each occasion: it has a good selection of rides, it's being well looked after, and it's a fun place to be - I'd visit more often if it wasn't so far away!

So the CF convoy departed and headed straight into a traffic jam on the A64 :?. Thought I'd break the tedium with some Haribo target practice, bounced one into Mushroom's sun roof which I was pleased with :D. Although they retaliated with Polos, which wasn't so good - Haribo's are squishy, Polo's ain't :?.

Broke through the traffic eventually and headed south west, the M42 seemed endless! Dropped Rach off and got home about 2am, rather tired.

Overall it was another great weekend with great people! Thanks Rob and Ian for the organisation :).

Stone Cold said:
if I'm not mistaken Furie, you got footage of Lain falling down the hill beside the train like and Chaz's epic crash on the Skate Karts and it's not in the video.
I have them too :p. Now if I can just get my video out sometime this decade...

Mark said:
Slayed... In Germany, please, please, please read the signs.... NO LOOSE ARTICLES!
I don't read German ;). It was only my cap, and I wasn't worried about securing it on the water slide! Plus it was lush putting it back on 8). I was VERY careful in Mingoland...

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Great reports :)

Mr S.C. - Chaz coming off IS in my video, it's just hard to see due to me camera's piss poor quality. I didn't get Lain falling down the hill due to not being around at that time :p

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Kumali ERT was awesome, sorry to Harveys brother though we wanted the front-row because Sam intended on buying the DVD of it (which he did!) ... we left Kumali after that so hope you got front row!

No worries, we did two rides front row at the end of ERT, during ERT we got like 8 rides in on Kumali, a total of 12 throughout the day, and six on Velocity.

Slayed

Hyper Poster
In case you missed it:-

ianbuswu0.jpg