What's new

'The Yorkshrie Tripper' LWV/FL Trip Reports!

marc

CF Legend
All I have heard at work is what a great tan I have lol.

I will not forget this live either I had also heard bad things about the parks and I enjoyed both of them alot. I had a much better day at Flamingo Land than I have had at other more well known parks.

I have never laughed or smiled so much in ages :)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
One thing I forgot! I'm going to insert a hooter down the gullet of the next person who says "I tried that, but it wont work", and fill them up with bubble mixture and see if they can fart bubbles.

You CAN blow bubbles from a hooter... They just don't hoot in a cartoon fashion when you pop them! ;) :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Don't worry, furie, there wont be any hooters or bubbles for a while! Well, not from me, anyway!

Did anybody keep their crappy Tesco party toys or have they been binned?

Nic

Strata Poster
I think I've still got my yo-yo. I'll find out if I ever actually get round to unpacking the back of the car :)

Martyn

Giga Poster
furie said:
You CAN blow bubbles from a hooter... They just don't hoot in a cartoon fashion when you pop them! ;) :lol:

And neither does the hooter when you're blowing them, making the entire exercise utterly pointless! :lol:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^ Lol! When I cleane dout the hire car, I found loads of random stuff! Including one of Sam's socks, which is now rotting on some tip somewhere in Hampshire. (Portsmouth :lol:)

Also, I pointed this out to a few people, but if you look very carefully at the badge (thanks, Slayed!!), you'll see it's me! :lol:

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Martyn said:
furie said:

And neither does the hooter when you're blowing them, making the entire exercise utterly pointless! :lol:

Yes you can, it's just very hard because they were crap hooters! We demand better hooters in future Bell [/ungrateful Mike type post ;) ]

We've still got all of our toys Ian, and they were definitely well used over the weekend - so big thanks for those. You're just setting impossible to meet standards for future Lives aren't you? :p

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
furie said:
We've still got all of our toys Ian, and they were definitely well used over the weekend - so big thanks for those. You're just setting impossible to meet standards for future Lives aren't you? :p

LOL! I like to try and raise the bar. However, quite appropirately, McLive III will be "no frills" (just like the Rypoffair plane I'm using) mainly because I can't fit loads of stuff in my flight bag and it's costing me enough as it is. Also CBA to arrange ERT for it as the group will be smallish plus there's not much there that really needs it!

So whoever has the pleasure of organising the next Live after McLive III:)P) doesn't have to pull much out of the bag to beat it!

I have just found a soft Refreshers bar at the bottom of my bag! Om nom nom nom!

Nic

Strata Poster
All this prompted me to actually get off my arse and get at least some stuff out the car. I should've done it earlier... I found half a bottle of wine and a packet of melted jaffa cakes. That's tonight's dinner sorted then... ;)

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Ian said:
So whoever has the pleasure of organising the next Live after McLive III:)P) doesn't have to pull much out of the bag to beat it!

Excellent! Can you also make sure it pisses down, everyone gets the plague and all the rides ar shut so that it makes AT/DMP even BETTER??? :lol:

nicavecmini said:
I should've done it earlier... I found half a bottle of wine and a packet of melted jaffa cakes. That's tonight's dinner sorted then... ;)

Bloody snob! That'd feed Pierre's clan for a week! ;)

Rach

Giga Poster
nicavecmini said:
Rach for taking me under her wing and generally looking after me!

I feel honoured! Really, I do.
I'm glad you had a fantastic weekend and enjoyed your first live. You fitted in really well in the madness.
This is what I LOVE about Lives and CF in general, the people on this site make it an amazing place to be.
Ian, you should be proud! A great website with fantastic people and what makes that even better is we all have friends that we'll keep for ever :D
*Wipes tear from eye*

The horns. Dear me they annoyed me like hell but they were a good laugh. I still have all the toys including the horns which I'll keep forever.

As promised here are the photos from the live on Facebook.

Lightwater -
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1133143676

Flamingoland -
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2 ... 1133143676

I love the TRs from this live as, really good reads!
Keep the photos/videos and TRs coming.
Can't wait to see the silly group pic from Flamingo!

Photos and Karen's video are awesome as well!

Pierre

Strata Poster
Flamingo Land

Set off to my home park (and the park I am apparently a guide for :lol:) at 8:30 as I was supposed to be picking up Lain, Joey and Will from MaltOn but luckily I can read texts whilst driving (I don't advise this!!) and Lain had texted me saying they were going to be late as they missed the train! D'oh!
It was absolutely thick fog in Middlesbrough when I left, then approx 12 miles out of Middlesbrough theres a large bank, on the top of that bank it just immediately turned to blue sky :lol: w00t!
Got there approx. 9:30 some of the group were there already meeting up for the group rate, however Rob left his phone in the hotel so had to go back and get it!
Had a chat to a few people and got my ticket with my 2007(8) season pass and went in. After a while of waiting around me & Sam got a bit bored and went for an early morning exercise on the Cycle Monorail! Nobody in sight to bump into though :( Got off that to find some CFers had been on the Wave Swinger and some more were queueing up so we joined the queue for the next go! Got a middle seat which was rubbish.
Pretty soon after that the whole group had pretty much arrived so off to Velocity! Queue was tiny so we were on in no time, and of course being the fanboy I am Velocity was as awesome as ever :p and me and Sam ruined a lot of peoples photos by having our arms up in the air and fighting with each other on the launch LOL.
We did the Navigator next, which I think is the most boring ride ever, although they have spiced it up with ILLUMINOUS seat belts :roll: Hoyer is a cock, he spent most of the ride trying to shove my restraint in even further so it was uncomfortable! He won in the end I think.
Off to the Corkscrew after that, I'd rode it two weeks ago and knew how rubbish it was with the ridiculous amount of extra padding thats been added so sat out. Me & Lucy went for a slush but were told "errrr 'BOUT twenty minutes mebbe morrrreeeee!" so ended up with a Coke and Sprite respectively. By the time we got back to the group Mr. Bell had arrived, so he got one of his many "So come on, is it illness/hangover?" questions from my kind, concerning self!
After the group ripped their ears apart from Corkscrew the credit-seekers did the Dragon coaster, but again I sat it out as I got that 'credit' at a respectable age :p
The freshly painted Wild Mouse beckoned next with the new on-ride DVD system. I went on with Sam & I think Lucy & Rob. The DVD clip was funny, just me and Sam leaning into each other causing as much pain as possible to each other on the corners :lol:
OK so its the middle of the day, and its REALLY HOT! Splash Battle was a good choice Rob! This is the first time I'd rode Splash Battle when it was really hot, and with a large group and it was great fun and nicely refreshing too! Had to LOL at Stone Cold as he only find out we could switch the water features off right at the end of the ride by spraying the targets hahaha... like people have said though, if they can get more boats in closer proximity with each other, it would be brilliant making it a proper 'battle'.
Dinner Break and me, Sam, Rob, Lucy and Hoyer went down towards the zoo end as I knew there was a fair bit of choice and semi-decent food down there (there was also some large grassy areas with trees to shade too! :p) The pie, chips & gravy we got were pretty nice, even if a 'splash' of gravy was 90p!! After that we had a little walk around the zoo, and lol'd at the Emu trying to peck the keep out barrier off his fence!
Got the people MOOver down to Kumali and found the group mincing around the grassy area by the train station, as we got the Moover down we noticed flip-flop testing :D
Again the queue for Kumali was pretty much non-existent so we were on and off that in a flash, and made our way to Flip Flop! There was however a small stop on the way at the splosh area while everyone cooled off again! Myself and Sam tried pressing all these "buttons" which weren't buttons at all so theres plenty photos of us looking bewildered and stupid.
Flip-Flop came and was awesome, the ride spins quite a bit, gives some unreal airtime and is just generally more intense. If you face up you get awesome airtime, if you face down it looks like you're about to smash into the fountain!
Over towards Cliff Hanger which was on shot 'n' drop... sat next to Sam and a Cliffhanger newbie in Rach... all three of us loved it... could see the anticipation in Rach's face waiting for the drop, it always gets me, awesome ride!!
We went to the rock slide next, my race was with Ciaran, Stone Cold and Lain! Lain got pwned immediately by getting the mat with the big piss-patch on it :lol: .... Stone Cold cheated so I couldn't fight with him, I think Lain won though.
What was next, what was next?! BONGO WARRIORS!
Always amaze me every time, even had a few new tricks before the limbo show which even I'd never seen before :p bit disappointed it was the limbo show again as there are far better shows, I think its because we did them at the 4pm slot in 2006 as well.
Group photo next... LUCY! I agreed it would be OK for her to pour a bit of my £1.20 bottle of water over my head for the silly group photo, but noooooo she has to pour the rest of it out and did it as soon as Hoyer pressed the button so didn't even try and judge the time delay :p
Hahaha the Green River Ride came next... got to have a bit of a laugh with Jordan and Ali in this queue for first time! Got on the ride went round the zoo, the Rhino looked like it wasn't happy and was gunna charge at us! Haha we got stuck at the top and some pigeon flew up, it proper looked like it was lording it up that it was free to do whatever it wanted while we're stuck in this boat, about to get covered in slime. Eventually we did go and did get covered! No on ride photos though :(
We went for another quick go on Velocity to pass some time, I got front row!!! :D Shame it was with some random 10 year old lol, and urgh someone was sick in the exit line ... Velocity isn't that bad!! By the time we got of that we headed over to Kumali for the ERT! I originally said to Ian that I wasn't going to take advantage of the ERT much but how I lied.
Oh yeah on the way to ERT I got a tray of chips... which got absolutely hammered by everyone (now I know how Sam felt with his nachos!) and I ended up with next to nothing lol, Mushroom was finally the last straw (sorry Mushroom) so I hid round the games machine to finish my quarter tray of chips lol.
Kumali ERT was awesome, sorry to Harveys brother though we wanted the front-row because Sam intended on buying the DVD of it (which he did!) ... we left Kumali after that so hope you got front row!
Like Ian I loved the spontaneous round of applause to Nick, and it was well deserved! The park thoroughly impressed me, and a lot of previous doubters, throughout the day, and I can honestly say I've never had so much fun at Flamingo Land. Even though I don't own the park, I felt quite proud that my home park that I've visited every year of my life (seriously... the first time I went I was six weeks old :p!) was bringing so much fun to everyone.

Thanks Rob, Ian, Flamingo Land, Nick, Weather and CF Members for giving me a truly memorable day!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
Well, I can safely say that was an absolutely fantastic weekend. Everyone was really friendly, the weather was brilliant... suffice to say I have well and truly caught the Live bug, and should be attending a few more this year if all goes to plan.

The whole weekend was a nice leisurely pace, which made a refreshing change from my usual solo ride whoring. I ended up riding and enjoying attractions that I'd never normally bother with, such as some of the kiddie coasters, rock slide, and Bongo Warriors. I think I ended up riding most of the rides with the group, with the notable exceptions of the Eagle's Claw, Hornet's Nest and Flip Flop. I suffer from motion sickness, and although those rides look like great fun, I thought that projectile vomiting all over someone might not be the best way to start my first live.

Unfortunately, due to the delayed start of the ERT on Sunday, I had to disappear a bit early, which was a real shame. By the time the ride-ops were ready for us, I only had time for a single ride before having to leave to get a taxi back to Malton. Unfortunately, I didn't really have a chance to say a proper goodbye to most people, as people were divided between the platform, queue line and ride exit. And after all that, the train to York was bloody late anyway.

Anyway, highlights of the first day at Lightwater Valley...
  • Messing about on the Skate Karts, and managing not to fall off this time.
  • Stone Cold's ridiculously loud gob on the pirate ship.
  • The random hammer wars throughout the day.
As for Flamingo Land...
  • Watching people enduring the unexpected pain of the Mine Train.
  • Me and Kaz hanging on to the side of the Wild Mouse for grim death in an attempt to avoid crashing in to each other in the corners.
  • Splash Battle. It's a ride I never thought I'd ride a second time, but on a hot day like Sunday I'm really glad I went on. Afterwards I discovered that whilst my fleece was waterproof, the pockets certainly weren't, and all the ink on my transport notes had run. I was relieved that I could still just about read the taxi telephone numbers, and promptly programmed a couple of them into my phone, just in case.
  • Cliff Hanger. I don't like heights and had never been on a shot tower before. Suffice to say I was bricking it before riding, but loved the ride, and will be re-riding next time I'm at Flamingo Land.
  • Bongo Warriors. The show itself was impressive, the exchange between the host and Stone Cold (Host: “God, you're loud”, Stone Cold: “You have no idea”) hilarious, and the mad dancing by Slayed, Harvey and Nic afterwards was suitbly entertaining.
  • Voodoo turning into Stone Cold's soapbox. For me, this was probably the most hilarious moment of the entire weekend as Stone Cold proceeded to insult just about everyone within earshot and proclaim his greatness, much to the amusement of pretty much everyone, ride-op included.
  • Will, Joey and Lain keeping me sane on the train back to York.
Anyway, I have photos. Linkage.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
My video is finally up!!! Woohoo!

Probably the longest video I've ever done, and it's only 2 minutes long! ;)

Remember, it's the full cinematic experience! :p

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7BNj3P5vb4[/youtube]

Why the hell does it always take me until gone midnight to get to post these things???

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
LOL Phil that was good.

Besides you could of asked for my Mushy Productions image insted of ripping it from a video of mine lol!

Oh my Lightwater vid will be up tommorow, though I had **** footage, I think I did well, but not as well as I hoped as I feel it is ****. But it will do (Just gotta edit that damn Flammy video which will be awesome!)