What's new

The Worst B&M Inverted Coaster

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^^^I want to know where you sit on Nemmie to have a rough ride?

And if Nemmie is rough, what do you think of Rita? :p

Lol at Ben's post...

Ollie

CF Legend
Nemesis is really good but it's true that it's WAAAAYY over hyped.
Anyway my favourite is Black Mamba and my least fave is Inferno.

Ali

Mega Poster
Nemesis
Talon
B:TR (SFGAdv)
Nemesis Inferno

But all are in my top 20, so none of them are bad by any means.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
My least favourite so far would be Nemesis Inferno. It's actually the worst Inverted coaster I have been on. It's aestethically pleasing, has it's own cozy atmosphere, the queue helps build suspension and actually is okay themed. The smoke is cool as well. Ride-wise, it has a great view, and is good fun. The bit before the lift is cool, really makes you look forward to the rest of the ride. The first drop is good fun, looking at the walkway below you. The loop is okay as loops go, just so smooth and comfy. Then the Zero-G, the helix, the wingovers... smooth and good fun, you feel that you are tossed around and gently put down again, it's desorientating but not violent, and overall well into my top 10.

In other words, the worst Invert I've been on.

Rush

Giga Poster
bob_3_ said:
It's rough, the pacing it's raved about is poor, weak inversions (except the zero-g) and an utter disappointment. (Plus I've ridden it in the back, second back and front etc before I get the "you didn't sit in the best seat" comment.)

WTF! Yeah I may not have been on many B&M Inverts but I know a good coaster. Even I have fallen into the trap of "oh everyone loves it way too much" but as much as I think it's highly rated, whenever I ride it I come off thinking "yes it DEFINATELY deserves it". I don't get how anyone can't see the brilliance in it's design!

Unless you're trying to be different and cool.

Seriously I've rolled my eyed whenever I've seen Ben's anti-Nemesis comments. And I can see that people may get bored by it's consistent high praise, but it definitely deserves credit.

Sorry to disagree, but I just dislike the ride and don't think it's very good. Whilst it may look good and is unique, I don't think it delivers on ride. I go on it hoping I finally understand the hype and come off it totally disatisfied. It's not a fun ride and whilst the interactions with the terrain are good I never get that out of control 'totally intense' feeling.

Also I highly doubt disliking something which everyone else adores makes me look cool at all, I would love to see what makes it so good but I don't. You want some credit for it? It's better than Kumali but still mediocre at best. I'd rather ride Oblivion, Rita (which I do find quite rough) or Air over it.

I hope you realise that there are actually people out there who don't agree with you.

Ben

CF Legend
I can't see why people say Rita is rough, probably because people are different sizes, shapes and well... people...

*shrug*

I have nothing else to add.

davidm

Strata Poster
Hmmm been on 23 different ones, can't say I disliked *ANY* of them, they are all lovely in one way or another!

Maybe Silver Bullet or Top Gun (or whatever at whatever PGA is called these days) lacks a bit... but thats harsh by any reckoning.

For the record though; Nemesis is the best (for so many reasons)!

I've been on four Batman clones, and Raptor, so my opinion isn't gonna be accurate. Our of those ones, obviously Raptor because it's less forceful than Batman, and if I had to factor in ones I haven't ridden, well I haven't heard great things about Silver Bullet..

Gazza

Giga Poster
Best to worst mine go:

Nemesis
DD Ice
Montu
DD Fire
Batman
Inferno
Silver Bullet

That said, I don't think Silver Bullet was too bad really. Yeah, it wasn't as forceful as the others, but I still found the inversions fun regardless, and I liked the final helix.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Rush said:
I go on it hoping I finally understand the hype and come off it totally disatisfied. It's not a fun ride and whilst the interactions with the terrain are good I never get that out of control 'totally intense' feeling.

Try going on it to enjoy the ride, rather than trying to make it live up to some hype?

I find Nemesis a bit rough too, it's certainly aged. It also has good days and bad days. On the good days it's running very fast and is much rougher. On bad days it's slow and a bit dull. What can you do? If you don't like the high forces and roughness that goes with it, you don't like them. If you've hit on a bad day, then you'll find it slow and dull - it is personal taste after all.

My love for Nemesis was formed before most people who hate it were out of nappies :p I remember my first few rides well, and I certainly wasn't influenced by over hype or anything. HOWEVER! The ride only rarely manages to be as good as those first couple of years of operation rarely now. It does hit it every so often, but most of the time it's a pale comparison to what it was. If it didn't hit those spots every so often, I'd say it was due to memory loss (I am old :p) or dilution due to further experience. However, it does still manage it sometimes...

I've found that there's actually very little difference between any of the inverts. While I have a few and they go from best to worst - there's very little margin between Alpengeist and Inferno. They're all good rides and I wouldn't complain at having any of them at my local park to ride regularly.

spicy

Giga Poster
Best to worst:

1. Nemesis
2. Montu
3. Inferno
4. DD:Fire
5. DD:Ice

Im not a great fan of the DD's to be honest, theres too much meandering around waiting for the other train. DD:Fire's better with the two half loops and the final wingover which DD:Ice doesn't have. They look alot better than they ride.

marc

CF Legend
^^Totally agree with this.

I 1st rode Nemesis when it opened, even before the Internet was on dial up lol. Queued 3 hours for it and it was worth every second.

I do find it rough now days and a bit sluggish but it's still the best coaster at Alton and probably the UK.

I just wish it ran the way it did in its 1st 3 years.

Emmett

Giga Poster
I've only 4 of these but they are all so close in quality its hard to split them. Even though I love Nemesis Inferno I don't think its as good as the other 3 I've done, its more down to having whored it to bits and having a soft spot for it.

My favourite from top to bottom is:

1. Black Mamba
2. Batman La Fuga
3. Nemesis
4. Nemesis Inferno

Gazza

Giga Poster
I've found that there's actually very little difference between any of the inverts.
100% agree with this.I rememver saying to Furie at Alton something to the effect of "Nemesis was awesome, but it wasn't the revelation I was expecting it to be"...Granted I hadn't taken a back row ride by the time I had to meet up. Even so they are all pretty close together in the end.
Sort of makes me scratch my head (particularly with B&Ms where their rides have a similar character to each other) when one can supposedly suck yet another of the same type can be awesome....There are the better ones, but its not that drastic between them, certainly not enough for one to be downright awful.

Im not a great fan of the DD's to be honest, theres too much meandering around waiting for the other train. DD:Fire's better with the two half loops and the final wingover which DD:Ice doesn't have. They look alot better than they ride.
Though Ice has a zero g, and a cobra roll cool)

Rush

Giga Poster
furie said:
Rush said:
I go on it hoping I finally understand the hype and come off it totally disatisfied. It's not a fun ride and whilst the interactions with the terrain are good I never get that out of control 'totally intense' feeling.

Try going on it to enjoy the ride, rather than trying to make it live up to some hype?

Yeah, that's what I mean to say, I ride it wanting to enjoy it but I just don't find it fun or enjoyable. I've had two visits to Alton, I think it was the disappointment which put me off the first time but the second visit I really couldn't enjoy it, I don't like it. My sister's didn't like it either.

I could have hit it on bad days as you say, they were both very hot and dry days in August. (bit of a rarity nowadays.) I try to enjoy every coaster I go on I just don't find Nemesis enjoyable.

marc

CF Legend
I have not enjoyed Nemesis for the past 2 years so your not the only one. As I said before its just not the same as it was, I think it needs some tlc and new trains.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
DD is overrated, but Silver Bullets is the worst B&M Invert I've ridden. The layout is a watered down version of its Cedar Fair Invert counterparts, lacking a lot of forces.

Brookes

Giga Poster
In order mine go:

Montu
Nemesis
DD: Ice
DD: Fire
Nemesis Inferno

However I wouldn't like to call it worst B&M invert as I enjoyed them a lot and they were all pretty great.

On the Nemesis thing, I don't find Nemesis rough really, you get the odd head bang now and then every few rides (mind you I don't feel any roughness on Rita or Colossus either), but I absolutely love it. The out of control feeling, high forces and inversions, especially at back left/right are just brilliant. As furie says it is a bit slow and dull sometimes early on in the morning on some days, but the majority of the time it is just fantastic so makes up for it.

My best invert was Montu, it's my number 1 coaster. The high forces, the crazy inversions and the area are amazing. I would say inverts are my favourite type of coaster at the moment.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
ok - here goes for my order...

1 - Black mamba - Loved every minute of it! (even though that was in the big boy seat)
2 - Nemesis - I do wonder if it's overrated, and then when I go on it it just blows me away
3 - batman la fuga - parque warner - really impressed me
4 - Nemesis inferno - Just seems to get better every time I ride it
5 - DD fire
6 - montu
7 - DD ice - a bit meh except for one nice swoop/

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Holy crap! I'm only missing three of these?
:eek:

(Phaethon, Lightning and Black Mamba)

Wow.

Um, worst?
They are actually all pretty darn good...
I don't actually have my ballot in front of me, but I'd guess that I have either Alpengeist or Raptor ranked lowest.

I don't like Alpie's cobra roll at all, and I was completely unimpressed by Raptor the first time I rode it. It has actually moved up a bit in my estimation from riding it more.