Raptor
Great Bear
Great White
Goliath (SFFT)
Batman The Ride (SFOG)
Batman The Ride (SFGAV)
Batman The Ride (SFOT)
Dueling Dragons: Ice

None are that bad. I'm all about big drops and big loops. The bottom six have neither. Ice has a nice close call with a wall but it is a very small couple of inversions. I like the color of Great White; it is the best looking of the clones.

bezzzzzer

Hyper Poster
Now for my part in this presentation..

I have to admit, I adored Raptor, but I think a strong reason for this is that I have this White Knuckle Ride book at home, and I got it when I was young, and the ride that always stood out to me was Raptor. I think the book was made about '94/ '95 so it's one of the more recent coasters in the book, and it stood out in it's bright green colour and I just always wanted to ride it. I remember going 'Mum, one day I'm going to get on this thing.' So when I actually got on it I thought it was amazing, but I probably had that frame of mind where it was going to be amazing either way, just because I got on it.

Batman's cool. It's got a few big inversions to begin with (which, I have to admit, I'm not a massive fan off, they don't do a lot for me) but the second half is sick. Definately a good coaster there.

Nemesis is a funny one. I would guess at it being my most ridden coaster, and I do like it, but (probably because I've ridden it so many times) it gets a bit 'samey'. However, every now and again (usually at the beginning of a season or after I haven't ridden it in ages) it just packs such an epic punch and I'm like "My God, now wonder people think so highly of this". So I don't think it's Nemesis.

I like Montu, I just hate Busch's messy stations. It actualy was my brother's number one coaster for a very long time (until he rode Maverick) but it never blew me away, and I personally always prefered Kumba, then SheiKra when that came along, then Gwazi grew on me. Montu just never really stood out as much. But it is definately a good'un, there's no denying that, and the theme is nice as well. My brother, to mention him again, bums Egyptian stuff so it was cool for him, reading all the hierographics to me, I was just like.....yeah.

Inferno I think is very overated. It's good, and I enjoy it, but it doesn't do a lot for me really. It's one of my favourite rides at Thorpe, but it's just 'pretty good' at a push I reckon. But Silver Bullet doesn't even get the 'at a push'. With Silver Bullet you might have well just ridden the helix and that's it. But I really don't think there's that much to Inferno either.

It's a tough call. Oh! I forget about Dueling Dragons. I like Dueling Dragons, but I find it hard to think of the coasters as individuals. But, at the end of the day, they are toogether and syncronised, that's part of the coaster experience, and for that I enjoy them both very much Even if the individual coaster experiences aren't the best in the world.

So, my conclusion brings me to say my worst B&M Invert is Silver Bullet I reckon, just beating Inferno to the slot. The more compact layout, theme, and the interlocking corkscrews won it for Inferno. Not to say I didn't enjoy Silver Bullet, but I did ride it once and aren't that fussed about getting on it again in a hurry.

Ben

CF Legend
I've not done an actual order, so, best to worst...

1. Talon, Dorney Park
2. Alpengeist, Busch Gardens Europe
3. Montu, Busch Gardens Africa
4. Black Mamba, Phantasialand
5. Batman La Fuga, Parque Warner
6. Batman The Ride, Six Flags Great Adventure
7. Batman The Ride, Six Flags Magic Mountain
8. Nemesis Inferno, Thorpe Park
9. Duelling Dragons Fire, Islands of Adventure
10. Duelling Dragons Ice, Islands of Adventure
11. Great Bear, Hershey Park
12. Flight Deck, California's Great America
13. Silver Bullet, Knott's Berry Farm
14. Nemesis, Alton Towers

STC

Mega Poster
Oh I get it, it's all hipster to hate on Nemesis now. What rebels you are. :roll:

No-one could possibly look me in the eye and honestly tell me they think it's worse than Inferno. I presume putting it below Silver Bullet is a joke, Ben? Also it beats either of the Dragons by several miles, the only comparable invert I've been on would be B:tR.

Ben

CF Legend
Um, if anyone can remember a time I didn't dislike Nemesis, please, come forward? No? No-one? OH, maybe that's because I haven't just decided I don't like it now to be "hipster" (is that a word?).

So, I stand by my opinion, and y'all can bitch and rage all you want, but, unfortunately for you, I am capable of independent thought.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
^So by your comment of independant thought, are you saying that people who like Nemesis are sheep? Following all the others?

You can stand by your opinion and we'll stand by ours ok?

nealbie

CF Legend
Oh Ben! :roll:

Liking excellence does not make you a sheep, popular culture is popular for a reason ;)

X Factor doesn't get millions of viewers and every Xmas number 1 since 2005 because everyone hates it. So there's independant thought or "being different"; and then there's common sense :p

Ben

CF Legend
Huh?

I didn't say it made you a sheep.

But, I also wouldn't think someone was doing it "JUST TO BE DIFFERENT" if they liked something on some crappy Sky channel with 13 viewers more than they do the X Factor.

So... a point : this is really what your post lacks Neal.

marc

CF Legend
I do get what Ben means tbh.

Many people say they like something just due to the fact everyone else does. When I said I did not like Speed people could not understand why and tried to make me change my mind just cause they liked it. I still think people say they like things just so they agree with crowed and not be against them.

Now due to so many people liking Nemesis and 1 or 2 saying they dont people can not understand why. I know at least 5 people who hate Nemesis just like me with Air.

At least Ben will ride Nemesis I wont even ride Air I hate it that much.

Sorry for putting my 2 pence worth in.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
Ben said:
So, I stand by my opinion, and y'all can bitch and rage all you want, but, unfortunately for you, I am capable of independent thought.

But here you have said that you are capable of independent thought because people do not agree with you about Nemesis being the worst invert...

Ben you are in the minority of people who dislike Nemesis, whether or not you are actually right or not is arguable, but saying that because you think it is bad results in you being one of the few able to think of independent thought is completely wrong...

Everyone has opinions yes, just in the grand scheme of everyone's against each other, you are wrong...

Jools

Giga Poster
Personally I can't see how you can "hate" a ride, after all we are roller coaster enthusiasts, I think it's more of a case of preferences :?

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
andrus said:
bezzzzzer said:
HERE is a list of all of the B&M Inverts our planet holds to assist you with your decision.
Interesting list with a couple of coasters I've never heard of! E.g. Paeton looks really really good! But how come it isn't even reated at Mitch Hawker? Are there not enough riders how have ridden it? Or does it just suck big time irl??

Um, because Phaethon is located at a park between Ulsan (@1 hour) and Pohang (@30 minutes) in South Korea. Two industrial cities with little to no tourist appeal, almost as far from Seoul as you can get without leaving the country.

I've been to Pohang once. Sadly, it was before I'd heard of this park (AKA before they got a B&M) and it was not a nice city to visit. Now granted, ships pull into port in a VERY ugly part of town, but the rest of the place didn't seem much better, IMHO.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^Ummm, sorry but very, very wrong.

Kyoungju, the city that the park is just outside, has a huge, Korean, tourist industry. It was the ancient capital of the country and is full of historic sites. The whole city is like a huge, open-air museum. It's gorgeous. I've never met a single Korean who hasn't been there at least once. Plus, it's only an hour's bus ride from Busan, the second biggest city in the country.

Pohang is absolutely irrelevant.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
Glad to be corrected, Gavin. I've been to SK about a dozen times or so, but always as military port visits. The only one that was even slightly nice was Incheon.

Pyongtaek, Pohang, Busan, Donghae and Chinhae were the other ports I visited, and quite frankly, not one makes my list of places I'm eager to return to.

Incheon and Seoul were very nice, though.

STC

Mega Poster
It's fine to dislike Nemesis, and rank it low. I can see it's definitely a marmite coaster. I was just making the point that it's pretty ridiculous to rank it below Silver Bullet (an extremely bland and forceless ride) seemingly just to prove a point.

Sorry if I caused any offence. :)