What's new

The Thorpe reliability thread - 2009 edition.

NASHER

Roller Poster
From what I have read on other forums, the issue with Saw seems to be to do either with the effects, or with the trim, or with both. It would seem Thorpe has some kind of contractual agreement with Lionsgate to keep a certain percentage of the effects up and running.
From what others have said, it looks fairly likely that it will be up and running again in the next couple of days, if not tommorow (according to staff)
Stealth however is anyones guess.
I was considering a trip on Sunday, but am starting to have seccond thoughts. What would others reccomend?

Mike

Giga Poster
Mike said:
Well, there's always the rest of the year... If you can make it down there x amount of times in just a couple of weeks, what's stopping you from going in a few months time when everything is more likely to be open, instead of going now and being disappointed? :?

*cough*
If there's just one good piece of advice that I've ever given on here, then this is surely it?

Other people have said it as well.

Why don't people just wait a few weeks/months?
Unless something dramatic happens, Saw's going to be there for years and years to come, so why are people still going so early (most parks haven't even opneed yet!) and being disappointed?

I'm sooo confused. :?

marc

CF Legend
The ride might be there for years but if this carries on the Saw theme (or whats left of it working) wont be.

And if tave shuthe ride down to fix the theming that is just poor, that should be done in the morning or evening when the park is closed.

I think Thorpe are helping with cf lol

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
They are having trouble with the trim breaks apparently. Though it is anyone's guess. Thorpe have shot themselves in the foot really. They have hyped the opening of the park and the opening of Saw for weeks and then when the place finally opens everything goes wrong. And now many many people are going to be queuing up at the admin offices.

neo

Mega Poster
I was at Thorpe Park on Monday and Saw – The Ride was fine (managed 7 rides). It operated flawlessly up until around 4pm, when torrential rain closed half the park for 30 minutes and sent pretty much everybody home. I witnessed Saw – The Ride moments before this downpour happened, the ride itself had broken down with one car 50% up the lift and another on the MCBR.

So I proceeded to Colossus, when they dispatched the train (with me in the back seat) as the rain began. Although half way up the lift on Colossus, the rain became torrential. I felt more sorry for the people still stuck on Saw though (at first).

The next few minutes of my life felt like a combination of the head trap in Saw V and the freezer room in Saw III. You know how rough colossus can be in the back seats; now imagine the speed difference with wet rails. Well, it was that, but with what felt like a fire hose jetting freezing cold water into my face.

Reliability and capacity was fine for the crowds on Monday; the only noticeable break down I saw was indeed Saw – The Ride.

Emmett

Giga Poster
They are having trouble with the trim breaks apparently. Though it is anyone's guess.

I don't know but on Friday it felt like they weren't switched on. The train didn't seem to lose much speed through the MCBR and it really flew through the last few elements.

They also had a cherry picker machine parked up beside the queue line area so they were probably expecting more work to be done on the track.

CoasterKing

Mega Poster
Its getting beyond a joke. Not only is the down time ridiculous so far this season the staff are being very unprofessional about it. Priority passes for Colossus don't make up for missing out on their new star attraction. If Saw still needs work then they shouldn't have made such a big fuss about opening it early. People are being ripped off and not getting anything. And all TP can say is 'We're sorry but the ride is still teething.' Bah! Its sheer greed. Thorpe must have had some indication that the ride wasn't fully ready if there have been so many problems over the last few weeks. They seriously need to sort it out before the main peak season kicks in or they will be left with many more complaint letters. And as of yesterday Stealth AND Saw are still down! Incredible...

NASHER

Roller Poster
Found on the southparks forum, where I am not a member, but was having a poke around:
Well folkes, im In Wolverhampton and have booked hotel and tickets for sunday, been keeping my eye on website saying saw and stealth are still closed... I rang the call centre because we have got about a 2/3 hour journey, we were told that stealth was open from yesterday and the website hasn't been updated and saw would be open from this afternoon... Hope this is true!
So with any luck both will be operating at the weekend! :--D

Rush

Giga Poster
southend_marc said:
Not according to Thorpes website.

Slammer opened on Sunday yet it was still said it was down Sunday evening. The website is almost as unreliable as the rides. :wink:

A

Anonymous

I know two people who went to Thorpe today, and SAW didn't open at all!

Stealth wasn't running either! According to them!

Also if Stealth was open yesterday afternoon, why didn't Peep or Will see this?

peep

CF Legend
CJH said:
Also if Stealth was open yesterday afternoon, why didn't Peep or Will see this?

Because it wasn't, they only tested it 5 times just before closing. We were told they couldn't open it as it had only been handed over to the park from maintenance and so they could only start training staff on it from yesterday.