What's new

The Super Bowl topic

tomahawk

Strata Poster
There hasn't been that many people laying on the field since Hurricane Katrina (during the blackout).

Great game, glad Flacco won.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I didn't watch it because I'm not interested in sport, let alone American sports.

However, as with all sporting events, there was a running commentary on my Twitter timeline by people who were evidently bored of watching it so they turned to tweeting. It was just like being there!

Jason Voorhees

Hyper Poster
I could have got tickets and drove 1 hour away from my house to see it live, but I figured I'd watch it at home. Beyonce lip synced, and she didn't even know how to sing along. The Ravens won by 3 points, to where if there was just about another 5 seconds the 49ers could have won right on time, because some 49ers dude did pick up the ball and almost threw it, but then sadly time was up. :(

^Yeah I don't really care about sports either, but I watch them and I don't really know why.

I know this is weird but did anyone watch the Puppy Bowl? :)

Colossus

Giga Poster
So I obviously sat up till stupid O'clock to watch it, but then again I would stay up till stupid o'clock to watch the Browns @ Jaguars, because this game, is my favorite game.

I was routing for the Ravens and I have 4 reasons why, reason one, Ray Lewis, now I know some hate him, but I love him, he is the face of the organization if not one of the city, I could talk about him for hours, but I don't need to do that, anyone who knows the game knows him.

2 - I hate Colin Kaepernick, and I'm not really too sure why? You know when you hate somebody and you just don't know why? I get that he is a good exciting younger player, but I don't know? Perhaps I fell a bit bad for Alex Smith?

3 - A mate of mine is a huge Niners fan and I can't be dealing with his "We're the Champs" crap for the next 12 months.

4 - Me and the missus have a bet going on, winner gets a steak dinner.

So to the game, and what was one of the most one sided first half of football I can remember in a Superbowl, just the way both teams were playing, Baltimore played well with plays from Flacco, Anquan "So Strong" Bolden and a pick from Ed Reed, although I think it was more of a bad decision from Kaepernick then a play made by Reed.

Halftime, the show was really good I thought, not as good as The Who or Prince a few years ago, but better then Madonna last year getting her 62 year old bits out.
Beyonce did good and the reunion of Destinys Child was cool also, so yeah very watchable performance.

Second Half - So Jim has 45 minutes to sort out his players whilst Beyonce is doing her thing, and I can only imagine the intensity of his talk to get the team prepared for the second half, regardless of what he said, 45 minutes of team talk by Jim, was wiped out by Jacoby Jones in 10 seconds, so Jimmy decides he needs another team talk so he cuts a wire on the sideline and boom, lights out.
This was quite bizarre to see actually, its not something you expect you will ever see, I can only imagine the embarrassment for the city of New Orleans when you have 1/8 of the world watching you and you have a power cut and delay the game for 35 minutes, could you imagine what would of happened if it had happened 10 minutes earlier, Beyonce would have gone mental.

Lights back on and Jim's back up talk talk works and after a couple of quick scores its game on again, I honestly thought San Fran would do it midway through the 4th, the Ravens D was getting tired and the offence was going into Falcons style conservative mode, but fair play to the Ravens they righted their ship just intime, when it mattered, that last drive for a field goal was huge, not as huge as the goal line stand by the defense though, and my opinion on "Jimmy's 4th down flag" was a good no call by Jerome Boger, Micheal Crabtree was at it just as much.

So fair play to the Baltimore Ravens, they were the team I wanted to win, and I personally think they deserved to win the game.

7 months of boring Sundays with nothing to do now though :(