What's new

The Royal Wedding!

Ben

CF Legend
You go to a uni where people AREN'T excited about a massive all-day celebration involving the entire country?

That would make me sad.

weedjam

Roller Poster
I go to a uni where people have exams coming up, also worth noting: I fail to see how the elite upper guard is "the entire country", we could randomly say "on elton john's birthday let's all throw street parties in his honour for being born into a role!!!", but we don't. And if we did, I would still
5censored.gif
hate Elton John

EDIT: I guess Kate Middleton went through some variety of meritocratic process, but still

Ben

CF Legend
Um, in case you haven't noticed, the entire country is getting involved in this wedding. Tat is being sold all over the place, and millions and millions of people are making plans... I have plans for what I'm doing for it, and I aint the elite upper guard.

And btw, my university has exams as well... Big, nasty third year ones. And no, my university is in no way an easy one. We're top ten.

The only person that's going to be spited by your negative attitude to this is you. It's a day off and a massive party to celebrate a historical institute which still retains some unique Britishness in these modern times, whilst RAKING us money in...? What is actually wrong with that? Miserable person...

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
I guess weedjam hasn't seen anyone to ask them yet. I will probably be watching it, got nothing else to do. Maybe some Portal. Just nice to see the country is having a celebration for the 2nd in line to the throne =]

Nicky

Hyper Poster
I wish I could spend the whole day celebrating but my uni isn't shutting for Friday or Monday. So I have a lecture slap back in the middle of the wedding and then 5 hours of lectures on Monday. Oh joy!

Ben

CF Legend
Re: Lest we forget......

nealbie said:
BUNTING!!!!!

bunting-2_1875906c.jpg

<3

I saw that down Regent Street and thought "I'd well take a photo and send it to Neal if he didn't randomly hate me".

It's amazing.

Nic

Strata Poster
Just because its awesome, and everyone should see it...

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiQepKJaj5A[/youtube]

kir

Hyper Poster
I'll be watching today, because I'm in the office today and there's a big TV right in my eyeline. Although, I wouldn't have bothered watching otherwise, I'd have just gone to London to soak up the atmosphere. I'm not bothered at all though, Harry is def the prince for me. William is boring.

Pierre

Strata Poster
I have to admit, its on my tele and I don't have any urges to switch over. I think I'm fascinated by the fascination if that makes sense? And just how OTT everything is :D

P.S Prince Phillip is 5/1 to be seen asleep at some point during the service :lol:

kir

Hyper Poster
Just seen Mr Bean arriving, looking genuinely confused. He must have got lost on the way to the shops or something. Typical ruddy Mr Bean.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Just been watching all the Royals and guests arriving, now they're actually doing the ceremony I'm going to wait for that to be over. I don't want to sit there for an hour listening to hymns!

I think it's absolutely AWESOME. So British, so significant, so... just <3

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Watched about half of it as I flicked between the snooker and that.

Really liked the touch of them driving in the Aston Martin along The Mall with the balloons and whatnot attached to it.

What a marvellous spectacle it's been. I'm feeling very patriotic today.