What's new

The Kingdom Of Thrills & Downhills

kayleigh coston

Roller Poster
Chapter 1: Pleasure*Crap* Hills
4e3e33a702a6754a7cf0837436348685.jpg

Wipeout is the only good ride I’ve been on all day.
No roughness or queues. The second part of this ride is nuts. Going backwards down the lift hill & into the inversions backwards was insane
92a199c08f1ecbfa7b1eb4a15c065254.jpg

Marble Madness is a labyrinth of pain. Every sharp turn is a rough edge. The brake trims don’t help matters. The only decent thing with this cred is the little drops which are average anyway
977782966edae61f5c47046ff1c5a267.jpg

Egg-spress wasn’t egg-cellent. Surprisingly fast for a small coaster. Its age truly showed. The floor of the trains vibrated as it went through the layout. Halfway through the ride, I had to duck my head due to how close the upper end of track was to me.
d1eae66b13bb610c9e4e6456437500b0.jpg

Cannonball Express was closed. From what I heard, the thing seems to have broken down

Water Fun Factory is the only non coaster ride i went on. I was hoping to sit on the backseat of the boat due to being a single rider. Annoying I had to sit behind 2 strangers which was quite tight. On the second drop because of how close together we all were, I accidentally got head butted by one of them

7fd090827ba9268bbca4ba1b016a31d0.jpg

As for food £12.75 I paid for a burger meal which tasted good but was overall average.

I gave the other rides a miss due to the poor weather that ruined my visit completely. At this point I had enough and just wanted to leave. Even the sea lion enclosure was closed
£24 is a bit much for a small ride selection
Aside from that, this park really needs a big turnaround. A few structures looked run down. The ride selection is tiny and there’s only 2 main places to get food.

No theming at all around many of the rides. This is the worst theme park I’ve ever been to. Let’s just say I won’t be coming back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kayleigh coston

Roller Poster
Hi everyone
I’ve decided to start creating multi chapter reports of my theme park visits
Yes I’ve visited the Merlin parks many times
On my next visits, there’ll be short reports for them
In due course I will be creating a blog containing full ride reviews, attraction reviews and other things
Regarding the Merlin parks, I will create my own info guides for the main 3 parks as I visit them often
For now chapter 1 has been released regarding my recent trip today
Any feedback is appreciated
Happy reading and happy blogging!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rob Coasters

Hyper Poster
Sad, Cannonball Express is by far the best thing there. It's a very below-average park when that ride is closed, that ride's operating status is a make-or-break for my visits.
Sad you missed out on the drop tower too, that one's pretty good if you're not stapled. However I do agree that Marble Madness is garbage and needs ripping out at first opportunity!